Viridian, Chef Michael Hartzer and GM Kevin Blonshine on 14th and P Street in Logan Circle - Closed

Went to Viridian last night for their Tuesday all night happy hour. They were offering 4 apps and a small list of wine and cocktails at $5. The apps were fried deviled eggs, a scallop dish, citrus cured baramundi and duck parfait w/ pickled blueberries and mushrooms. The barumundi was the only dish that really did it for me, but all of the food was at least decent. My GF loved the duck parfait. Their happy hour is a great deal and the bar was nearly empty. More people need to get there for HH, especially on Tuesdays.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another season, another menu change.....

Be aware that with these colder times, I tend to revert back to my heartier roots :)

New Apps:

Arugala and Watercress Salad with Hooks' Blue, Duck Confit, Caramelized Pear and Walnut Vinaigrette

Seared Sea Scallops with Caramelized Onions, Crisp Proscuttio, Baby Kale and Red Eye Gravy

Mussels facon Benoit (carrot, leeks, chorizo, saffron cream)

New Entrees:

Berkshire Pork Tenderloin with Anson Mills Grits, Glazed Vegetables, Smoked Belly and Pinot Nior Sauce

Sunburst Farms Rainbow Trout with Crab, Fennel, Peppers, Bacon and Horseradish Butter

Balsamic Glazed Lamb Loin with housemade Merguez Stuffed Onion, Path Valley Shell Bean Cassoulet and Marjoram Jus

Chicken and Dumplings

all of the above make me incredible happy :)

This is only a mini change as we will unveil the rest of the new menu on the 9th of November during our anniversary party. We will be having a cocktail reception from 10-whenever with passed hoursdouvres that evening, all are invited. Also, we will be doing a Thanksgiving Buffet from 12-6pm. It will include all of my favorite foods I give Thanks for.....that's the news.....

I render down the proscuttio I'm going to use for the salad and remove it. I then add some garlic and shallot to add some depth and sange with some flour (not traditional, but how my Mom makes it). Then I add some white wine and alot of coffee. I cook it till thick and strain. It is alittle upscale but I think the flavor profile is the same and it really works well with everything else.

I render down the proscuttio I'm going to use for the salad and remove it. I then add some garlic and shallot to add some depth and sange with some flour (not traditional, but how my Mom makes it). Then I add some white wine and alot of coffee. I cook it till thick and strain. It is alittle upscale but I think the flavor profile is the same and it really works well with everything else.

I think that's a little different than what my grandma made for my grandpa in North Alabama (in a house with no wine), :) but I hope to have a chance to try it.

I want to take this opportunity to let everyone know that I have left Viridian Restaurant. It was time to move on. I have nothing but the deepest respect for the General Manager, Jason Kenlaw and wish everyone at Viridian the best of luck and success in the future.

Sorry to hear that. Indeed, we made reservations for Monday and were looking forward to finally getting a chance to sample your cooking. Do keep us posted of your future plans, Chef, and I hope you enjoy your new found freedom in the meantime.

I have just relocated to the DC area from Denver and have accepted the Executive Chef position at VIRIDIAN on 14th Street. I have changed the menu to my twist on approachable American Contemporary. I am unvailing a new trendy bar menu next week as well as a new exciting upscale brunch menu. BUSY!!! My cooking styles are remniscent of the prior chef, Antonio Burrell,we cooked together for a month or so until he decided to move on, we both cook with French roots and fuse Asian flavors...the new menu was unveiled last Thursday and has gotten raves from the regular diners as well as all of the first timers. If you decide to come try us out, tell your server to notify me! See you soon! Antonio, Michigan is going to put a stompimg on Ohio so you can come pay me early before they play man :)

I have just relocated to the DC area from Denver and have accepted the Executive Chef position at VIRIDIAN on 14th Street. I have changed the menu to my twist on approachable American Contemporary. I am unvailing a new trendy bar menu next week as well as a new exciting upscale brunch menu. BUSY!!! My cooking styles are remniscent of the prior chef, Antonio Burrell,we cooked together for a month or so until he decided to move on, we both cook with French roots and fuse Asian flavors...the new menu was unveiled last Thursday and has gotten raves from the regular diners as well as all of the first timers. If you decide to come try us out, tell your server to notify me! See you soon! Antonio, Michigan is going to put a stompimg on Ohio so you can come pay me early before they play man :)
Welcome, Jeff.

And...

Go Blue!!!!

Welcome to the neighborhood :) Is the new menu online yet? Looking forward to stopping by soon!

The new menu isn't online as of yet but I expect to have it posted after the website construction is over.

I have done American Contemporary with hints of Asian...looking forward to having you in.

Welcome Jeff. Look forward to checking out the new menu. In fact! I just tried to make a reservation for Wed. night and you have nothing available on the earlier -side, as I have tickets to the Studio Theatre at 8 pm. Goes to show - looks like you are catching on! Look forward to the cooking.

Welcome Jeff. Look forward to checking out the new menu. In fact! I just tried to make a reservation for Wed. night and you have nothing available on the earlier -side, as I have tickets to the Studio Theatre at 8 pm. Goes to show - looks like you are catching on! Look forward to the cooking.

Come join us for a cocktail after the theater at Viridian if you would like

The pork duo and lamb loin under "Major Works" both sound tempting. I find the online menu hard to read though - seems a bit garbled to me. I was a bit scarred by the desserts at Viridian when the restaurant first opened, but if you promise me there's no hidden vegan concept, I'll give it another go. :)

What is the price of the Thanksgiving buffet?

Good luck with it!

The pork duo and lamb loin under "Major Works" both sound tempting. I find the online menu hard to read though - seems a bit garbled to me. I was a bit scarred by the desserts at Viridian when the restaurant first opened, but if you promise me there's no hidden vegan concept, I'll give it another go. :)

What is the price of the Thanksgiving buffet?

Good luck with it!

No hidden vegan concepts here however, I do have vegan dishes available for those who choose to go that route. I have a great pastry chef here and many items have changes since your prior visit.

ALSO, the THANKSGIVING DAY BUFFET IS $45, adults and $15 for children under 12 years old. The menu is up on the website ViridianRestaurant.com

Cooking Thanksgiving dinner for myself or anyone else was just not in the cards this year, since I was coming off a grueling five days of chatting up religious scholars at the Washington Convention Center. Surely after such torture, I deserve someone else to cook me a nice holiday dinner, right? Last year's dinner at 701 had been merely pleasant, so this year I decided to try to locate a reasonably priced buffet that might have a bit of a "chefly edge." Viridian proved to be a good choice overall.

Any Thanksgiving must be judged first by the quality of its turkey, and Viridian's hand-carved bird was deliciously moist and flavorful. Two other carving stations offered prime rib and ham, but I only tried the beef. It was an okay roast, juicy but a fattier piece than I would have preferred, and the accompanying horseradish sauce was tame. Nevertheless, these were good choices, done respectably.

The real stars of the show were among the nine side dishes offered. Best among these were a really decent mac 'n' cheese, just-right turnips and carrots, and an excellent rendition of green bean casserole, featuring al dente beans and flavorful wild mushrooms. The pumpkin and foccacia dressing was tasty, though it clashed a bit with the turkey gravy, and the sweet potato gratin was tasty, though almost cloying in its richness--a little went a long way. Mashed potatoes were nothing special, but the brussels sprouts with lardons were good. I liked the collard greens fine but my partner found them too bitter, and the cheese grits were surprisingly bland. The three salad choices were uninspired, except for the yummy candied pecans offered as garnish.

The four dessert choices split down the middle for me. I loved the gingerbread parfait, and the bourbon pecan ice cream was nice. But the chocolate pecan pie was a bit too dry, and the pumpkin mousse (in a hollowed out cake was too sweet. An inexpensive Luzon wine made a nice meal accompaniment, and we topped it all off with French press coffee.

The service was a little too informal (our server spilled our wine when she opened it--fortunately on herself, not us), but pleasant. Overall, we left stuffed and happy--just what you want for Thanksgiving. It was nice to see a trendy-looking restaurant pull off a downhome concept so well.

Overall, we left stuffed and happy--just what you want for Thanksgiving. It was nice to see a trendy-looking restaurant pull off a downhome concept so well.

I am happy to hear that your experience with VIRIDIAN proved to be a positive one. I look forward to having you as a guest for dinner someday. Thank you.

My wife and I decided to go to brunch this past Sunday with my sister and her boyfriend. We hadn't been back to Viridian in quite a while because we went a few times over the last year and it just wasn't a good experience. After the last time, I vowed not to go back.

Happily, brunch was really good. The menu and the food were beyond expectation, and the service was nice, too. My wife and I finally feel like we have a neighborhood place to go get a nice breakfast without spending $70 per person. We'll definitely be back for dinner now...

My wife and I decided to go to brunch this past Sunday with my sister and her boyfriend. We hadn't been back to Viridian in quite a while because we went a few times over the last year and it just wasn't a good experience. After the last time, I vowed not to go back.

Happily, brunch was really good. The menu and the food were beyond expectation, and the service was nice, too. My wife and I finally feel like we have a neighborhood place to go get a nice breakfast without spending $70 per person. We'll definitely be back for dinner now...

Thank you very much for your post and I have recently revised the bar menu and created "bar food" at bar prices. A more affordable approach to an upscale bar menu. I also have a few of our favorite dishes off of the dinner menu available only in the bar as "petite" versions. I am also revamping the brunch menu and bringing in some fun new dishes. I look forward to your return.

New Years Eve Menu:

Ring in the New Year

at

VIRIDIAN

ON 14TH STREET

New Year’s Eve 2006

Please join us in welcoming

the new year with a bountiful feast.

6:00 pm Three courses

{ $65 per person, plus tax and gratuity; $85 with wine pairings }

9:30 pm Five courses with midnight toast

{ $95 per person, plus tax and gratuity; $135 with wine pairings }

Five-course tasting menu

carrot puree gingered, with clovered pumpkin crème fraiche

soy dashi with wakame and scallion essence

baby arugula poached riviera pears, pecans, and cranberries

watercress shaved grana, wildflower and toasted cashew vinaigrette

salmon potato croquet smoked, with smoked caviar, truffled quail egg

scallop rose-scented, slow poached, with vanilla butter and marcona almond

ahi noire seared, with sake butter, allumette of daikon

duet of duckling breast with pinot noir reduction and rillette with balsamic onion marmalade

pork pairing tenderloin with cabernet essence and stuffed loin with pear jus

lobster a la nage braised with vanilla and saffron, with caviar and scallop boudin blanc

tournedos beef tenderloin & salmon cognac seared with roasted red pepper béarnaise

pot au fue of venison, for two glazed baby carrots, golden potato tournee

champagne fruit with cigarette russe cookies

opera cake

bourbon pecan ice cream

PLEASE CALL (202) 234-1400 TO RESERVE, OR E-MAIL EAT@VIRIDIANRESTAURANT.COM

VIRIDIAN

NEW AMERICAN GREEN

1515 14TH STREET (BETWEEN P & Q)

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20005

eat@viridianrestaurant.com

I want to take this opportunity to let everyone know that I have left Viridian Restaurant. It was time to move on. I have nothing but the deepest respect for the General Manager, Jason Kenlaw and wish everyone at Viridian the best of luck and success in the future.

:P what happened to Antonio. Why was it time to go. It was less then a year was it not? I thought he was pretty good so I am curious about the sudden departure. I liked his honest approach withoput the asian spin everyone tries to put on things. Unless you trained in Asia you may want to leave it alone as it is very played out. So Antonio, where are you?

:P what happened to Antonio. Why was it time to go. It was less then a year was it not? I thought he was pretty good so I am curious about the sudden departure. I liked his honest approach withoput the asian spin everyone tries to put on things. Unless you trained in Asia you may want to leave it alone as it is very played out. So Antonio, where are you?

Click

Thank you for your input on the "played out" pan Asian approach. Antonio's style and mine were relatively similiar and we worked well together just for that reason. At least give me a chance before you give advice.

I went to Viridian last year for restaurant week and the had the whole menu, no upcharges at all. Are they doing the same this year?

We are not upcharging anything for restaurant week. the entire menu will be available under the cost of restaurant week which is $30.07. I look forward to seeing you there!

So, here's my dilemna: I went to Viridian right before Chef Burrell left and loved it, and am curious to see what others think of it now. my parents are in town and i'm trying to figure out where to take them tomorrow night. So I came on the site to ask if anyone else has been since the change...

But after reading through all the posts, I'm hesitant to ask. Since the chef posts so often, I know if I was reviewing the restaurant here, I would feel bad about posting anything slightly negative and it might influence me to hold back on my opinions. As a (recently former) restaurant employee in DC, I understand the desire and even need for dialogue between chefs/restauranteurs and the dining public, and also have seen first-hand how much a negative post can affect the chef about whom it was written, but I'm just wondering if this level of chef involvement affects the honesty of the Rockwellians who post about their experiences. In addition, some of the info posted is nice to know about, but it seems as though the majority of those posts are almost advertisements. And I don't mean to imply that is only exists in this thread - I know that there are other topics in which the owners or chefs are often hyping their restaurants.

Look, I'm not trying to create one of those huge controversies in which people are threatening to eat the first-born of other posters, this is just a source of frustration at the moment. I also think that Chef Orel should be given the benefit of the doubt - that's why I wanted to be honest. And I am looking forward to coming in and trying some of the new things at Viridian eventually.

So how do y'all feel about this?

Oh, and does anyone else have any opinions about Viridian since the kitchen switch? :P

Todd Kliman did a short mention in his weekly "chog" on Dec. 19th:

Word of Mouth ... Viridian, a relative newcomer, is already in Phase 3. In Phase 1, an earthy-crunchy ethos predominated, and it was hard sometimes not to feel that you were eating the work of a vegetarian trying meat. Chef Antonio Burrell swept in for Phase 2, and the cooking got a lot tastier, while retaining the goal of lightness and healthfulness. Phase 3? Probably still too early to tell, but I didn't see either an emphasis on lightness or healthfulness from new chef Jeff Orel, and a recent meal was one of diminishing returns ...

Last week Tom Siestsema did the same in his weekly chat.

Washington, D.C.: Happy New Year! I made reservations for Viridian during restaurant week. Good choice?

Tom Sietsema: Sure. The Logan Circle restaurant is now on its third chef, and he's still settling in, but I very much like what I've seen and tasted recently. Plus, the space is very much to my taste. I like the soft lighting, the comfortable chairs, the projected visuals on the bar, the eats in the lounge area.

At the risk of this all being removed to the Criticizing Restaurants thread, I think we can all agree that the active presence of and monitoring by restauranteurs of their own threads of course influences the tenor of the posts on that thread, and silences more than a few criticisms. Having said that...please report back! :P

So, here's my dilemna: I went to Viridian right before Chef Burrell left and loved it, and am curious to see what others think of it now. my parents are in town and i'm trying to figure out where to take them tomorrow night. So I came on the site to ask if anyone else has been since the change...

I had a late dinner at Viridian on Friday night after seeing "The History Boys" in Dupont Circle. My meal was good. I considered posting a mini-review at the time but decided to postpone it until I'd worked my way through more of the menu. Seeing, though, that there's interest now:

The two of us arrived around 9:45pm without a reservation, decidedly less well dressed than the other patrons, and were seated after a six or seven minute wait. The dining room was nearly full, the bar was busy but not swarmed, and there was a liveliness that has been absent on previous visits.

We shared the following:

House bread with caramelized onion schpread

Sea scallops with baby kale, red eye gravy, and ham

Roasted beet, goat cheese and citrus salad napolean

Barramundi with lobster-beet risotto

New York strip loin with sauce perigueux

Cauliflower gratin

Hazelnut sweet potato gratin

The food was good and worth returning for. It did seem, however, that the person working the seafood station was a little heavy handed with the salt. Neither I nor my dining partner minded, but others who tolerate salt less well might have. Overall, I thought the food was much improved over Phase 1 and at least as good as Phase 2. I'm happy Stoney's, Merkado, and Logan Tavern couldn't take a walk-in.

A bottle of sparkling water, a cab/merlot blend, and the tip brought the bill to $165.

At the risk of this all being removed to the Criticizing Restaurants thread, I think we can all agree that the active presence of and monitoring by restauranteurs of their own threads of course influences the tenor of the posts on that thread, and silences more than a few criticisms. Having said that...please report back! biggrin.gif

I'll post this here and Don can feel free to move it....I monitor the threads because it gives me the opportunity to get feedback, both positive and negative from the consumers. Feedback I might not otherwise get. Let's be honest folks, diners are not very forthcoming with feedback when they are in the restaurants themselves. I don't know why, but you seem to feel put on the spot tongue.gif . However, the same person who had a 'fab' time may post about what a horrible meal it was and blah blah....The point is that this is a forum to discuss what you enjoyed or didn't about a certain restaurant and how your experience compared to someone elses. Sure, consistency is what we all strive for but it's hard to achieve. So I use your feedback, again good or bad, to help me see how the real world percieves our consitency level, our food, our service etc. I don't think that the chefs here like Micheal, Brendan,Jaime S, Jamie L or I (or others) have actively pursued to sway your opinions by our involvement. I think that we are like you guys and just love to talk about food and restaurants, ours in particular wink.gif As for the comment on it seeming like advertisement....I use it as an opportunity to keep you guys involved in what is happening in the restaurant. I have had people say at the Farmer Markets that they saw I was doing a demo at the market and wanted to stop by and I like that interaction. Bottom line, be fair and be truthful in your reports, that's my opinion. Now I'll get off Jeff's toes.... rolleyes.gif

editied to add, I still don't know how to use the quote button...sue me

But after reading through all the posts, I'm hesitant to ask. Since the chef posts so often, I know if I was reviewing the restaurant here, I would feel bad about posting anything slightly negative and it might influence me to hold back on my opinions. As a (recently former) restaurant employee in DC, I understand the desire and even need for dialogue between chefs/restauranteurs and the dining public, and also have seen first-hand how much a negative post can affect the chef about whom it was written, but I'm just wondering if this level of chef involvement affects the honesty of the Rockwellians who post about their experiences. In addition, some of the info posted is nice to know about, but it seems as though the majority of those posts are almost advertisements. And I don't mean to imply that is only exists in this thread - I know that there are other topics in which the owners or chefs are often hyping their restaurants.

I am with LW here. Cultivating an amiable interaction/dialogue between restaurateurs and diners online is like this line from a Sum of All Wisdom, This is Spinal Tap - "there's a fine line between stupid and....clever." Too little, and the chef comes across as an indifferent ass. Too much, and it kills all other discussion inside a threat like a dinner party guest with a case of tertiary syphilis.

I've been on both sides of the dialogue. And what I've learned (surprise!) is that most chefs feel very personal and sensitive about the food they turn out - to the degree that dispassionate assessment of their product is as likely as proud mother agreeing with the flaws you point out in her 8-year old's rendition of Concerto #2. Unless they don't care, which is a different discussion altogether. Which is why I personally think that the best manner of chef participation in their restaurants' threads is to monitor quietly, to say something very occasionally, and keep it as un-advert-like as possible. Not to get into a prolonged debate about the food. And if over half the posts in the restaurant threads come from the owner or chef, well, that's just a turn-off. Why are you the only one talking?

I am not sure there's anything a chef/restaurateur can say to a diner who disliked something on the menu beyond "yes, ma'am." If the food sucked, you say yes. If you disagree, what are you going to do? Argue that it didn't? To what end? This is why I learned what to say to customers who complain about their food on their way out.

Not "but the tasting menu is MEANT to be small."

Not "our trout supplier is the BEST on the East Coast."

Not "WE think these flavors are unique."

It's "I'm sorry to hear that. I'll let the chef know. Goodbye."

Nadya expressed exactly what I was thinking in much better terms. I guess that's what I get for posting at 4:30 am rolleyes.gif

I like the opportunity for interaction as well, especially in the context of a dialogue. I mean, you guys can see that in the Cowgirl Creamery thread I respond with a post when people ask general questions. And I certainly understand the desire a chef/owner would have to see how people actually like the food. In my recent days as a server (at many restaurants this crowd knows and loves), i'd occaisionally hear one response as diners walked out the door, and a totally different one when I'd read their posts. I learned that I couldn't always expect the brutal truth at the table - obviously they didn't want to offend the restaurant. If I was coming home to post after a meal, knowing that the chef might challenge my opinions when I do so would have the same effect.

I'd like to add that I also have seen first-hand how a brutal post can hurt the person who created the meal, so I'm not advocating recklessness. We are all part of the same community, so we do need to be aware of civility and simply being polite to other members of the community when posting. Honest, but kind-hearted.

Oh and I don't know how to work the quote-y things either, but Jacques - I took my parents to Colorado Kitchen last night (simple american food, incredibly well-executed) and Bar Pilar tonight (as satisfying and delightful as always). thanks for the heads up though!

Todd Kliman did a short mention in his weekly "chog" on Dec. 19th:

Last week Tom Siestsema did the same in his weekly chat.

At the risk of this all being removed to the Criticizing Restaurants thread, I think we can all agree that the active presence of and monitoring by restauranteurs of their own threads of course influences the tenor of the posts on that thread, and silences more than a few criticisms. Having said that...please report back! :P

I do actively monitor the post of VIRIDIAN and like to hear what the word may be. This way I can see what diners may not be willing to say at the table and also make changes or take constructive criticism from patrons or other restauranteurs. I think that it is beneficial for VIRIDIAN as well as the patrons to have interaction with the chef. I will answer any and all replies to this post usually with in a day depending on how i feel once I come home after the day is finished. I extend a huge thank you to everyone that has taken and takes the time to let me know how their experience was at VIRIDIAN. Thank you and we will see you soon!

I'll post this here and Don can feel free to move it....I monitor the threads because it gives me the opportunity to get feedback, both positive and negative from the consumers. Feedback I might not otherwise get. Let's be honest folks, diners are not very forthcoming with feedback when they are in the restaurants themselves. I don't know why, but you seem to feel put on the spot tongue.gif . However, the same person who had a 'fab' time may post about what a horrible meal it was and blah blah....The point is that this is a forum to discuss what you enjoyed or didn't about a certain restaurant and how your experience compared to someone elses. Sure, consistency is what we all strive for but it's hard to achieve. So I use your feedback, again good or bad, to help me see how the real world percieves our consitency level, our food, our service etc. I don't think that the chefs here like Micheal, Brendan,Jaime S, Jamie L or I (or others) have actively pursued to sway your opinions by our involvement. I think that we are like you guys and just love to talk about food and restaurants, ours in particular wink.gif As for the comment on it seeming like advertisement....I use it as an opportunity to keep you guys involved in what is happening in the restaurant. I have had people say at the Farmer Markets that they saw I was doing a demo at the market and wanted to stop by and I like that interaction. Bottom line, be fair and be truthful in your reports, that's my opinion. Now I'll get off Jeff's toes.... rolleyes.gif

editied to add, I still don't know how to use the quote button...sue me

I could not have said it any bette and i agree with Antonio's reply...that this site is the perfect opportunity for a consumer to do their own critique of their own dining experience. Not every experience is the same and we do strive for consistency in our business. It also gives the consumer the opportunity to say what they truly believe and think. I think that this site is great for everyone and let the posts and replies keep coming, good or bad. Whew....thanx for stepping off of my toes Antonio, you are killing me here.....how about that Florida vs ohio game.....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuch! Payback for the Michigan upset. laugh.gif Call me sometime Ant.

:lol:

Yes, I'm intrigued... Care to explain??

The everchanging VIRIDIAN...new ideas without understood direction...I agree with Antonio though, hopefully a band of outlaw pirates will rescue the vessel! I have moved on and am now in Florida for a brief stay here. I leave for France on the 7th of February for an undetermined period of time...my work visa has it's limits though. I guess when I grow tired of great wine and food, I'll come back to renew! I wish my ex kitchen staff the best of luck! Antonio, give me a call man! Hasta DC!

:lol:

The everchanging VIRIDIAN...new ideas without understood direction...I agree with Antonio though, hopefully a band of outlaw pirates will rescue the vessel! I have moved on and am now in Florida for a brief stay here. I leave for France on the 7th of February for an undetermined period of time...my work visa has it's limits though. I guess when I grow tired of great wine and food, I'll come back to renew! I wish my ex kitchen staff the best of luck! Antonio, give me a call man! Hasta DC!

I've come to understand (not being someone in the restaurant business) that if you don't OWN the place then you are at the whims of the "owner" who may or may not be a "Restaurateur" and may not know anything about FOOD. Funny isn't it that the places the majority of us just LOVE have OWNER/CHEFS at the helm. Exceptions acknowledged, of course.

Why is it a shame? Viridian is a lovely restaurant in a prime location.

This is true, I just loved what he was doing at Ray's. My comment was not really directed at Viridian, I rally love their brunch, I am just going to miss his cooking at Ray's.

This is true, I just loved what he was doing at Ray's. My comment was not really directed at Viridian, I rally love their brunch, I am just going to miss his cooking at Ray's.

Great news! I am looking forward to see what he does with the menu at Viridian.