Where Did I Dine? A Photograph-Based Guessing Game

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

The Tom Power Hot Dog at Blue Wale was great, and the frites even better. The Hot Dog is a faviorite of Tom's from Max's in New Jersey, It was served with a great side of fries, home made kraut and a house made spicy mustard. Our table believed that the katcup was from a bottle.

post-475-0-68124300-1377715009_thumb.jpg

I call foul!   :P   Scott posted on facebook that he was there.

I didn't see the Facebook post!

But not only was he there; I went over and said hello. That said! I did not know the hot dog was on the menu (they changed the menus mid-service last night!), and knew the answer from the plates alone (very lightweight white enamel with a blue rim).

Are we still playing?

Sietsema tweeted this picture, with the following: "Found: the area's smallest Manhattan. Lost: my repeat (drinking) business." \

Don't claim to know where this is, but ... well, you guys are pretty smart. Where is this?

Yes, let's start again - it was fun!

I saw this, too, and didn't know, but would love to.

People are also talking about it on Facebook (which Tom doesn't spend much time on; he "perpetrates" his posts from Twitter).

Don't think it's Graffiato - those look like roll-up garage doors, which I'm pretty sure they don't have (although the glassware looks similar as I recall).  Also, that would mean a VW bus found parking across the street from the Verizon Center on Valentine's Day Friday night.  I can believe a lot of things but that's a bridge too far for me!

Where did I dine?

Oh yes, bring it back! This thread slipped off my radar.

And I think someone needs to get this one. I feel like I recognize the bar/placemats, but I probably don't. I'll guess Graffiato though.

Nope, my picture isn't from Graffiato.  I've reposted it here for convenience.

post-889-0-87504000-1392641265_thumb.jpg

^ The hint for me was the dish itself.  My husband ordered this a couple of weeks ago and I was lucky enough to get a couple of small bites.  That tuna and tabbouleh is incredibly delicious.  Kind of made me regret my own choice, even though the crabcake I had was excellent as well.  The cooking at this place always delights.

(Can anyone tell me why I am unable to quote text from previous posts?  I used to be able to do this.  However, for quite some time, when I click on the quote box, I get a reply box but it doesn't contain the quote.)

^ The hint for me was the dish itself.  My husband ordered this a couple of weeks ago and I was lucky enough to get a couple of small bites.  That tuna and tabbouleh is incredibly delicious.  Kind of made me regret my own choice, even though the crabcake I had was excellent as well.  The cooking at this place always delights.

(Can anyone tell me why I am unable to quote text from previous posts?  I used to be able to do this.  However, for quite some time, when I click on the quote box, I get a reply box but it doesn't contain the quote.)

Laura, this was an amazing guess.

Are you using an iPad? I've heard two reports lately from users with iPads having problems with quoted text. I've written Invision, and this will go away in their next version, due out in another month or so (it's not directly their problem; it's a piece of software that they rely on written by another vendor - it's the other vendor that's going to fix it).

Laura, this was an amazing guess.

Are you using an iPad? I've heard two reports lately from users with iPads having problems with quoted text. I've written Invision, and this will go away in their next version, due out in another month or so (it's not directly their problem; it's a piece of software that they rely on written by another vendor - it's the other vendor that's going to fix it).

Don, my post was a year ago and whatever the problem was, it has long since resolved (I was not using an iPad, although I have one).

I have to say, I kind of miss this game!

I'm guessing "no"

And you're probably right - my big question is whether the chicken is hot, or room temperature, and my guess is the latter which would make this more Chinese than anything (I'm also assuming, perhaps mistakenly, that the chicken was cleaved).

On the other hand, that popsicle-thing is served on a banana leaf - that is most likely a big clue that might point to Southeast Asia.

Yet, there's something almost Peruvian about this. Is it cuisine from a tropical country?

I'll post a picture.

Thip Khao

brian got it. It's from brunch at Thip Khao.

Khao Gee - grilled sticky rice skewer

Nuang Kai - steamed chicken, garlic rice (online menu said it has a hard boiled egg but my dish didn't have one)

Lood Siin Moo - fried pork meatballs in a sweet and sour type sauce

Edited to add this P.S. Here's a picture from Chef Seng of how to eat the chicken and rice dish.

http://instagram.com/p/yQCgzZDBrn/