dr.com Farewell Dinners at Dino, 7p Wed 12/4 (Full) and Mon 12/9

DanielK

So, I've spoken to Dean, and he's happy to host a DR.com farewell dinner! Wednesday December 4th, 7pm.

Assuming we get enough interest to do more than just one large table, he would like do something around $35-$40pp, served family-style. Drinks a-la-carte, though he might come up with a pairing depending on the menu and crowd size.

Post here or send me a PM if you would like to go, and as long as we get enough interest, it's a go.

NOTE: Once we're a go, each person/group will call the restaurant to give a credit card for a deposit. No shows for an event like this would be very difficult for them.

• Like 6

SO and I are interested, I'll pop the deposit in when confirmed.

So, I've spoken to Dean, and he's happy to host a DR.com farewell dinner! Wednesday December 4th, 7pm.

Assuming we get enough interest to do more than just one large table, he would like do something around $35-$40pp, served family-style. Drinks a-la-carte, though he might come up with a pairing depending on the menu and crowd size.

Post here or send me a PM if you would like to go, and as long as we get enough interest, it's a go.

NOTE: Once we're a go, each person/group will call the restaurant to give a credit card for a deposit. No shows for an event like this would be very difficult for them.

Up to 22 25.

Since 30 is the ceiling, we could actually are likely to fill this up, so I'm just stating now that this will be first come first served, and I will start a waiting list if we hit 30. We'll then start the process of confirming with the restaurant, and anyone who doesn't confirm by a certain date will be risking forfeiting their seats for someone on the waiting list.

Rovers2000, if the additional +2 are not DR.com members, they have to join before you can confirm them.  B)

• Like 1

Gary is right - we are at 30 and he's first on the waitlist.

Once Dean is ready to take the credit card reservations, just call them (please don't call during dinner rush), say you're with the Don Rockwell dinner on 12/4, and (this is the important part) send me a PM afterwards to tell me that this part is complete. It's tricky, because we're only a bit over 10 days away, and Thanksgiving is in the middle (I'll be out of town Wed-Mon), so I will be harassing you quickly if I don't have the confirmation that you are set.

I'll let Dean pipe in as to how close to the event a cancellation is acceptable before he has to run the card. And I'm assuming a few days before he'll post a menu, and let us know if there's going to be an optional wine pairing or whether we will just go a la carte off the wine list.

• Like 1

Gary is right - we are at 30 and he's first on the waitlist.

Once Dean is ready to take the credit card reservations, just call them (please don't call during dinner rush), say you're with the Don Rockwell dinner on 12/4, and (this is the important part) send me a PM afterwards to tell me that this part is complete. It's tricky, because we're only a bit over 10 days away, and Thanksgiving is in the middle (I'll be out of town Wed-Mon), so I will be harassing you quickly if I don't have the confirmation that you are set.

I'll let Dean pipe in as to how close to the event a cancellation is acceptable before he has to run the card. And I'm assuming a few days before he'll post a menu, and let us know if there's going to be an optional wine pairing or whether we will just go a la carte off the wine list.

We need to know no later than the close of business the day before. But if i get the seat filled, no charge.

So sorry to miss this, we have tickets to the orchestra! But Dean and Kay we will see you soon. Everyone have a great night! These types of dinners are like the heart and soul of DR!!!

Let do a second!

Ok, I will see you tonight Dean, let's talk about a second night, I will take charge of it, so everyone get ready for a second night!!! Priority goes to those who couldn't make the first, then we will open it up to anyone who went a first time who wants to go again, because let's be honest there are some of use who just can't get enough and love these types of dinners!

So, I don't know what the second night is yet, and I'm sure that some of you that are already in for Dec 4 may choose to switch to the second night, but THE PHONE LINES ARE OPEN.

Call the restaurant, give them your credit card deposit, and then PM me that your confirmation is complete (include the name that the reservation at Dino is in).

PLEASE DO THIS BY TUESDAY NIGHT, so I can start harassing those of you who aren't complete before I leave on vacation Wednesday morning.

Thanks!!

Ok second night will be December 11.  And I have word that a completely gluten free meal will be available.  Let me and Daniel know if this night is better for you, if you are on the wait list and can make this night let me know, or if you are just coming up for air and want to go let me know, this should be super fun.  Thank you so much to Dean and Kay who are really excited to have us.  

Two more pieces of info from Dean: $40 + tax/tip is the price, and both gluten-free and vegetarian options are available - just tell them when you put your CC down.

If you are on the waitlist, send me a PM if you can do the 11th. And if you are on for the 4th, but would prefer the 11th, again just send me a PM.

Anyone who isn't signed up for either can now claim spots on the 11th!

Dean, more than happy to just put ourselves in your most capable hands and both prices are typical Dino ultra fair/great value.  But, given the $5 difference, just curious if you can give any sense for the main menu differences?  Thinking about switching nights as I finalize some travel around those times but menu could drive it one way or the other also.  Not a big deal, just as able/easy. Really looking forward to this!  The dinner you and your staff did a for a large group I organized several years ago was stellar in every way.

The menu KT and I discussed is a little bigger than what Daniel discussed.  A little more food.

The first meal is meatballs and veggie antipasti, squash risotto & lamb bolognese pasta, fish & pork for the entree, tiramisu & cheese

The second meal will have pate, veggie antipasti and burrata to be eaten on crostini or gluten free cracker bread start, squash w/black truffle risotto and boar pasta {corn or house made regular}, cioppino and brisket as the entrees, tiramisu & cheese to finish.

No one will leave hungry.

By the way, gluten free can be accommodated either night and we don't need to know il the evening of the event.  But if you want vegetarian, we need to know up front so we can plan the substitutions.  If you are vegetarian, I would do the first menu.