dr.com Palena Nose-To-Tail Dinner

DonRocks

I am pretty sure they've been running this as an option since their expansion in November of last year. I'd love to see them rotate different proteins through the mix, too. Guinea fowl would be on my short list.

I'm not trying to be glib, but how could you serve a nose-to-tail guinea fowl dinner unless you were serving a cast of hawks?

Would anyone like to have a dr.com nose-to-tail? I'll make the arrangements and start a thread.

Would anyone like to have a dr.com nose-to-tail? I'll make the arrangements and start a thread.

From DinerGirl’s write-up it appears that it has not really changed since I went in February, also it is not all that adventurous, aside from the heart and the tongue there is not much in the way of adventuresome eating (well executed, just not as daring as I had hoped). If they were to introduce a lamb nose-to-tail that included brains and sweetbreads (when was the last time you found lamb sweetbreads around these parts) I would be first in line.

I'm not trying to be glib, but how could you serve a nose-to-tail guinea fowl dinner unless you were serving a cast of hawks?

I would be very interested, thrilled actually!

I'm interested, especially if it's moo-cow. No offense to people looking for non-cow, but seems like it's easier to get a pork meal like this than a beef one.

And I hate cows so much that I vow to eat as many of them as possible!

(Possibly not true, but accurate.)

From DinerGirl’s write-up it appears that it has not really changed since I went in February, also it is not all that adventurous, aside from the heart and the tongue there is not much in the way of adventuresome eating (well executed, just not as daring as I had hoped). If they were to introduce a lamb nose-to-tail that included brains and sweetbreads (when was the last time you found lamb sweetbreads around these parts) I would be first in line.

The beef was daring enough for me but always game to try anything. I'm always more about flavor/taste than daring for daring sake but that's all eye-of-the-beholder stuff. The heart was actually one of my least fave things in the beef feast. Not because it was heart but, rather, because it just didn't appeal to me on flavor and texture bases. Know others loved it though. Sthitch, you need to camp out more at Eola--maybe DC's most adventurous spot? B)

More usefully, I think Palena Cafe may be planning to switch the protein later this year but I'd guess not before May. I think that just because I'm confirmed for another moo-oriented head-to-tail in May.

I'd be interested. I can't get a large enough group together on my own!

Being able to rally large enough groups is either blessing or curse depending on one's perspective. I'm interested in a DR outing here too--that'd be a first for me and it'd be cool to actually meet some of you. And, a Tuesday would be fine but I'm more inclined to wait for next protein since I'll already have been a repeat beef-fest customer. Piling on are 3-4 visits to Medium Rare (and even a couple of trips to hell) I'll have done in their first few weeks open and that all combines to too much moo in too short a time. Can one have too much moo? I'd vote yes but again know good people will have different views to be sure. Need more seafood and veggies but I digress.

Thanks for suggesting and organizing, Don.

Next question: Would anyone mind if I made it on, say, a Tuesday night? 6:30-ish? (I suspect this may be popular enough to have multiple tables or multiple nights.)

We (me and spouse) can make it on a Tuesday, but with travel logistics and sitter logistics would be better at 7pm (if possible). If not, we'll make it work for 6:30 as best we can.