• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS SUNDAY AT NOON:

Lucky Three

5900 Leesburg Pike

Falls Church, VA 22041

It's in a small strip mall at the intersection of Leesburg Pike and Glen Forest Drive, about 1/2 mile west of Columbia Pike.

perrik

cucas87

rkduggins +1

goldenticket

porcupine +1

Is anyone up for dim sum on Sunday (9/9)? Scott Johnston and I are craving dumplings and thought it might be fun to go. Location TBD. We even are willing to cross the river into Maryland. Newbies are welcome to join. Dim sum is always better with a group.

Is anyone up for dim sum on Sunday (9/9)? Scott Johnston and I are craving dumplings and thought it might be fun to go. Location TBD. We even are willing to cross the river into Maryland. Newbies are welcome to join. Dim sum is always better with a group.

Please count me in.

I'm craving dumplings too, but that's the afternoon of our departmental crab feast. :angry: Would you be interested in going on Saturday? I'd like to hit Lucky Three again.

If not, I'm planning to re-start the Dim Sundays in late September.

We could definitely be a possibly depending on if we are awake! I would be up for New Fortune or Lucky 3. Our last HEOTB was dissapointing. I would also go to the one on East West in SS as it gets lots of buzz on CH and we had a nice meal there. I don't recall if the group went there, if so we missed it.

How about Mark's Duck House on that date?

I would also go to the one on East West in SS as it gets lots of buzz on CH and we had a nice meal there. I don't recall if the group went there, if so we missed it.

That's Oriental East. We did that back in Dec 2005 with the group - I don't remember whether you were there or not. I don't think it's as good as HEOTB or NF, but it's still pretty good.

Since this Sunday's gathering is in NoVa, we can head to MD for the next one. How does Sunday *** October 7 *** at Oriental East (Silver Spring) sound? I missed that stop on our initial sweep through the dim sum places. For later in October, well, I still want to give Fortune in Falls Church another chance.

(note date change from original post)

Since this Sunday's gathering is in NoVa, we can head to MD for the next one. How does Sunday *** October 7 *** at Oriental East (Silver Spring) sound? I missed that stop on our initial sweep through the dim sum places. For later in October, well, I still want to give Fortune in Falls Church another chance.

(note date change from original post)

I'm in for 10/7 (will have the kids with me), but only if it's 12:30 or later, as we'll be coming from Hebrew school.

For October 7, instead of a repeat trip to Oriental East, how about North China in Bethesda instead?

It looks more like A&J style rather than Hong Kong style (no carts), but the menu looks really good.

"Our chef, Joe, worked and learned from the top chefs of China in his younger years before deciding to move to the United States with his wife, Jenny. Together, the couple had opened the locally famous Joe抯 Noodle House on Rockville Pike for nearly 15 years."

I'm game.

Can't make this one. My son and I are opting for the Indian dinner that day.

Is the Indian dinner going to be a conflict for anyone else? We can certainly change the date - I hadn't even noticed that the two were scheduled on the same day! (but we can stick with North China on 10/7 and set up a later gathering there if it passes the taste test)

Is the Indian dinner going to be a conflict for anyone else? We can certainly change the date - I hadn't even noticed that the two were scheduled on the same day! (but we can stick with North China on 10/7 and set up a later gathering there if it passes the taste test)

It does seem that a majority of the audience has backed out, so perhaps we should reschedule?

It does seem that a majority of the audience has backed out, so perhaps we should reschedule?

Any consensus on this? I'm assuming that it is North China that will be rescheduled, if anything. Let me know so I can make any Calendar adjustments.

Thanks.

A great idea, given all the recent dim sum discussion. I'm good for either the 20th or 27th but would prefer the 27th.

I also prefer the 27th, but I still have the same problem - Hebrew School runs until noon, so it's 12:30 before I can get there.