• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone ever want to do the Latin dim sum at Cafe Atlantico?

Yes, but I think of that as a very different meal than our "dim sundays". The point of these outings is casual Chinese food in the $15-$20/person range; the "latino dim sum" at Cafe Atlantico will be close to $50 after tax and tip.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. The table for 15 is under my name "Scott". We will have two unannounced guests. My cellphone is 703-282-0819 if anyone needs a ride or has a problem. (Yes I will delete the phone number after the event). Remember to bring cash.

FYI - there are several ATMs within a block or two.

Mmmm...these reports are making me eager for 11/9 (this Sunday!). So far, the list I have is

Ericandblueboy (+1?)

ema

Merry Mary

Porcupine/Mr. P

perrik

sphere777

Soup

Heather/Emma

Anyone else? I'll call this week and make the reservation.

really good event. HEOTB is a solid place and there really wasn't a bad dish. Would definitely go again. Was very happy to find another person who ate chicken feet (they were good).

Soup

I went to Woo Lae Oak on my own for lunch on Monday cause my office is a block down the street. Based on a Korean colleague's recommendation, I ordered Yukgae Jang. This is actually something I've had before at Songbird (they do this soup as part of their buffet) but I didn't know the name. Woo Lae Oak's version actually sucked in comparison. The meat was tough and stringy, the soup not spicy enough. I also ordered shrimp/veggie tempura as an appetizer. It came out cold, the batter too thick. This is why I need a $X/(Y day of the week) Korean feast!!! Even the panchans sucked at Woo Lae Oak (maybe not ventworm nuts but damn close).

As for dim sum, I'd love to try different venues and I'm just as happy with northern Chinese brunch as Cantonese dim sum (I just don't know which restaurant serves which).

Woo Lae Oak in Crystal City was one of my favorite resturants. Excellent side dishes (quality and variety). Song bird is ok and will go there if I'm around tysons. The new WLO I'm not a huge fan and I don't go.

There are pretty good places in Annadale. Went to Seoul SoonDae today. It was really good. Got hot steaming bowl of korean sausage soup. YUM.

I'm hoping we could organize $20 Tuesday around mid december in koreatown. To Sok Jip, Yaechun, Lighthouse tofu, annangol, honeypig are all pretty solid places. BTW, I was at yaechun last friday and had a solid lunch. I'm not saying they are the best korean place in DC but they've been consistant and solid for so long you have to give them some credit.

As for chinese brunch, A&J always rocks.

North China is a bit on the small side. Since we will be there at 11:30, I will try to call them and up the reservation. I do not think others will be a problem. I believe that Dim Sum is ordered and brought to the table (like A&J). THe Dim Sum menu is online.

How'd this go? I'm going next weekend. Anything in particular that stood out, a must order?