Photo

DGS Delicatessen, Chef Brian Robinson To Replace Barry Koslow, GM Brian Zipin in Dupont Circle

Dupont Circle South Dupont Jewish Deli Homemade Corned Beef Homemade Pastrami

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

Just took a look at the menu. Two things stood out:

1. They changed the name of Schmutzy Fries to Reuben Fries for the Virginia rubes.

2. They spelled Smorgasbords as Smorgasboards.

I always thought schmutzy fries sounded gross.

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#102 Bob Wells

Bob Wells

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

I never liked the name either, but I found the change amusing.

• pras likes this

"Consider the source" -- Jim Bouton, Ball Four.

Bob Wells as of September 23, 2014; Twinsdaddy forever.

#103 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

I never liked the name either, but I found the change amusing.

I suspect it's a Koslow artifact.

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#104 Al Dente

Al Dente

CEO of Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

I took my very picky 5.5-year old daughter here for brunch yesterday after wandering around the farmer's market. I managed to sell her on trying French toast for the first time by emphasizing that it's made with challah, which she loves. I took a few tastes and, I got to say, that's the best damn French toast I've ever had. It wasn't too eggy, and had a wonderful crispiness to it. I had the bagel and lox platter. My only minor complaint there was the way they piled up the fixings on the side. The capers were rolling around on top of the tomatoes and underneath the lettuce making it difficult to corral them onto a spoon and put them on the bagel.

Service was excellent. Our waiter was attuned to the particular needs of a young one and patient with her "bubbly water, no cranberry juice, no bubbly water AND cranberry juice, no not mixed together" indecisiveness.

The only downside was watching the TV over the bar and seeing Federer lose. I suppose that's not DGS's fault.   :)

• Al the Pal likes this

Michael O

Praise be!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dupont Circle, South Dupont, Jewish, Deli, Homemade Corned Beef, Homemade Pastrami

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users