Toscana Flamingo (Formerly Toscana Grill and Toscana Green), Now Serving Up Ethiopian and Italian on Columbia Pike in South Arlington - Closed

On 7/28/2009 at 8:52 PM, 'sheldman said:

Toscana Green is a lovely place. (It is at 2300 Clarendon - if you're looking at Velocity Five, go around to the left.)

Very welcoming people, in a colorful and modern but peaceful environment. Since it's been open just a few days there are still some pacing issues (i.e., slow), but the food that we had was very good. The menu is vegan- and veg-focused, much more than the average restaurant, but also has meat and seafood dishes.

We had some little spicy crostini and fried zucchini appetizers, then some fake-meat pasta dishes and a pizza. The food is somewhat simple in its conception and preparation, in the sense that there is nothing mind-blowing about the sauces or the execution or whatnot. But it is very tasty, and the place and the staff are great.

In a way it's sort of the anti-2 Amys (this being on my mind since we ate there for the millionth time a couple of days ago). 2 Amys continues to do great business, despite the uncomfortable chairs and ridiculous noise and staff who act like they don't care and tables too small to fit all your little plates when they all come out at once, because in the right moment the food ingredients and preparation can be sublime, and then you go home and wonder how you possibly ate so much olive oil. Toscana Green is a place where they welcome you and feed you nice food that does you good, even if it does not blow your mind. I hope it does good business too. We will go back. Try it.

This place has been changed to Toscana Grill. The organic bent is gone. I was not a fan of the old place so hadn't paid much attention to it to notice the change despite walking past it everyday. It is now more of a red-checkered tablecloth neighborhood Italian place (that is they would be if they had tablecloths). They've had people out on the plaza handing out samples and trying to let people know about the change. I went tonight and it was ok. I had penne with sausage and meatball in marinara sauce. The sauce was good but a tad sweet and the meatball didn't have much flavor and a fluffy texture (yeah, I know fluffy isn't really a meatball description but it is what comes to mind). The sausage was the highlight -- nicely seasoned and not too fatty or too dry. The serving was on the smaller side compared to the oversized portions you see so often, but was definitely enough for me for dinner. I was given a sad looking basket of garlic bread where a few small pieces were lost in a too-large basket. It was made of pizza dough and nicely charred and very garlicky. Made me think it would be worth it to try their pizza.

They had a very limited menu of pastas with assorted sauces and you could add your choice of protein and pizza. Online shows a far more extensive menu. The service was attentive with several people checking in on me throughout the meal who seemed genuinely interested in how I was enjoying my meal. They are offering several specials and gave me a $5 discount on my $14 dish. I think they are still working through their opening kinks. I won't be rushing back, but I will go back after they have some time to settle in.

Yes, it's totally Toscana Grill. The new owner got it in late July, and their pushing out new menus (and even got new t-shirts just recently, it seemed).

It's hard to dislike a place when the owner is working the bar, and is clearly very enthusiastic and friendly. I would say he wants this to really be a neighborhood joint, and it seems like that's the direction it's going - there were a couple of folks from the nearby hotel, but the staff knew a great majority of the people there. And it seems a lot of people go there once, and keep going.

On tap were just three beers: Abita Turbodog, Heavy Seas Loose Cannon, and Brooklyn IPA. Several other beers in bottles. They had a few wines - I had a couple of cab sauvignons, a Wente and something else, which I enjoyed at $10 for a generous glass.

I spoke with Joe, the owner, a bit, and he seemed like a really nice guy. Other people at the bar raved about the food. I ordered the meat lasagna, and was given some bread to start. It was three small pieces of herb laden chewy bread, which at first made me think "wha?!" but then I ate it and enjoyed it quite a bit.

The lasagna came in a steaming hot casserole dish - a bit too much really for me but I ate it all because it was delicious. The very middle was a bit cool, but not cold or uncooked, and combined with the nice crisp bits on the outside it was some of the best lasagna I'd had in a while. The guy next to me (visiting from San Diego) had the buffalo chicken pizza and couldn't stop talking about how much he liked it.

With the new decor and layout, and the extremely friendly staff, I'm going to have to hit it a few more times. You couldn't help smile while there - it was a great combination of friendliness without it being overbearing and the food and wine really hit the spot after a long day today.

I had to update on this restaurant. Its totally new and different since the new ownership took over in summer, 2011. I've become a fan, and brought or referenced people to it who absolutely love it and have returned. Here's why:

The restaurant features Italian food with sauces and pizza's that are definitely NY/NJ style. That is something you can rarely find in the DC area. Its tasty. One reviewer above referenced the marinara has slightly sweet. I'd agree....the sauces from the NY region when made thickish have a bit of that flavor..but are also rich with spices from vegetables garlic, etc. They are superb,

Pizzas are hand made. You will see Joe, the owner making pizza the classic way, spinning the dough to create a well made crust. You "feel" your way through that. Pizzas are excellent and they come in a lot of variety.

If your local its an absolutely can't beat alternative for excellent pizza and pastas...and frankly I've been everywhere in the immediate area around Arlington. These guys are the best!!!!

Above all else the owner and the staff are extremely friendly. Really outgoing and responsive. Customers come in....and a lot return. Its a combination of flavors, value/price, and the very comfortable, familiar friendliness of the staff.

Finally a little trick value...for happy hour they make some great cocktails with upscale liquors at ridiculously low prices. Killer value. Try virtually anything that gets "sour mix" at typical bars. Toscana's staff substitutes a mixture of fresh squeezed lemon or lime and simple syrup. It improves the flavor only about 1 million percent...and with those happy hour prices you might not find a better drink anywhere for the value.

I gotta be honest - the last couple of times I went the pasta had been strictly meh. In fact, the last time it was just not that good at all. (I think the time before I just ordered something I didn't like.) With my usual tab after wine and food, I stopped going.

Joe - the owner - is an incredibly nice guy and very friendly. The rest of the staff is friendly, if a bit prone to memory loss on occasion...

But now that I've moved, I probably won't be making the walk down there any more...

After some bad experiences at Toscana Green and its predecessors, we had high hopes for the new management that took over in Summer 2011. We finally got to try it out last week. The staff is incredibly friendly, but that's the only real positive. There was confusion over who had our table, which never seemed to get resolved. We started with fried zucchini which was good -- very lightly battered and tasty. One of us ordered a fresh mozzarella and basil pizza, and the other had Fettucine Alfredo with Grilled Chicken. The pizza came out 5 minutes before the pasta, and then the chef (doing his rounds) noticed that it came it out without the basil, so he took it back to finish it (I appreciated that he caught the waiter's mistake and fixed it). The pizza was just okay - the toppings were good, but the crust was thin and a little crispy, which I usually like, but this was completely flavorless. The club soda had some strange stale flavor to it. Same with the pasta: tasted like it was boiled in week-old water. The chicken in the pasta was very bland, no grilled flavor to it.

We brought leftovers home and still haven't eaten them.

Listranis', across Wilson Blvd, is never gonna win any Beard awards either, but at least their food is consistently tasty. We like their pizza for a weeknight take-in (they're take-out only nowadays), and their subs are quite good (fresh mozzarella, mealball, chicken parm, etc.).

First time I posted here, a couple of members called me out. The review looked like something an owner would have written under an alias. Don contacted me to check me out. Frankly I think that is great. Shows that the membership/community is passionate about the rules. I explained my "fandom" to Don with a long post....and that was okay.

So I thought I'd come back with a more precise version on why the new Toscana Grill works so well for me and others

I was there a week ago for pizza and returned to my office. I spoke with a guy who said he grew up in NYC. I told him I had gotten back from a place with real NY style pizza. His eyes widened and he said NO WAY!!! I said WAY. He asked for their address and said he had to go there. I think that guy has been in this region for six years or longer.

I was there today. A woman was picking up lunch to go and asking about weekend dinner hours. She was from NJ. She has been here 14 years. Her girlfriends and she get together for dining out and they like Italian. There normal get together is Maggiano's Upper Wisconsin, DC. She sooo prefers Toscana and wants her friends to dine there.

If you are from the NYC region its incredibly hard to find Italian in this area at a decent price that reflects styles (often called classic) in this area as from the NY metro region. Virtually impossible. Il Pizzico in Rockville has been around for about 20 years. Its the best (closest thing) (ignoring the very high priced restaurants). Toscana Grill is one of the only other examples. On that basis alone its excellent.

@Genevieve: I like the Arlington owners at Listrani's. I've eaten their food a lot. Used to go to the original on MacArthur Blvd when I lived closer to it. Its current recipes come right from the MacArthur Blvd location. I think its consistent...but it isn't close to Toscana for approximating "classic Italian" at least IMHO.

Couple of other things on Toscana. The owner Joe is great...but I know he is suffering from new owner/ issues and inexperience dealing with all sorts of things. So it is inconsistent. As to Pies and crust. He is one of the only people in the region who hand makes his pies, rolls them, works the crust and flattens them. He cuts out all air bubbles. Virtually nobody does that. If you want a spicier crust ask for it. I've had him add various spices. I like spicier crusts. Its easy.

I'm not an owner or an employee. I'm obviously a huge fan. One of the only only only places in the region with Italian food that is close to what you taste in the NYC region. Frankly, Genevieve, I'd bring your review to him and make him do a bang up job for you. Tell him "Dave" suggested it. Ha ha. I bet he'll step to the plate and make sure everything is tip top. (then I bet he'll curse me out in private...but hey...I'm from Jersey....its the norm.) :D

I'll chime in and say that my office has had some quite decent carry-out meals from the 'new' Toscana Grill. Pizzas were good, but it's been a few weeks, so I don't remember specifics other than they are individual 10" pies, and toppings were fresh and plentiful.

We had a very good catered lunch today, which included:

Classic Caesar Salad - with anchovies! What you'd expect from Caesar, fresh and good.

Caprese Salad - Also what you'd expect, nicely presented with lots of basil and just a touch of lemon in the dressing

Garden Vegetable Risotto - lots of zucchini, broccoli, tomato, yellow squash. Not too heavy and with good flavor.

Meat Lasagna - more tomato/marinara than ricotta, hearty without being heavy

Whole Wheat Penne Turano - my favorite, with spinach, tomato, fresh mozzarella with a light, slightly spicy sauce and what tasted to me like a hint of tarragon

According to my coworkers who usually pick up our orders, staff has been very helpful and accommodating and the renovation in the space is very nice. I think it's going to be a regular spot for the office, maybe replacing Listrani's in the rotation.

The menu looks very NJ/suburban NY, save one thing - the 10" individual pies. The topping combinations look typical, but I can't say I can think of too many places serving pizza of that style in individual sizes. You want an individual pie in NJ/NY - order a slice.

I'd like to update to just say that Toscana continues to put out terrific NJ/NY style pastas and pizza that beat the pants off of most places in the region. Very very true and consistent to the style and flavors of "classic" Italian food from the NY metro region at reasonable prices.

My favorite is the Chicken Franchaise Pizza; a white/lemon and garlic sauce with a healthy dose of chicken across the top. The Portobello pie has a similar sauce with a healthy spread of mushrooms.

Sauces and pastas are more true to the flavors of the NY metro area than you will find most anywhere in this region. The red sauces are thick, tasty, and hearty. The pastas maintain firmness.

NO....I don't work there. Just a big fan.

They are running a lot of specials. Tremendous prices. They have a new catering menu. As referenced above the owner, Joe, is tremendously friendly, interactive and fun.

The place deserves a trial. Its hidden inside the courthouse courtyard behind Velocity Grill.

On top of that they have a new catering menu.

Burst Pipe Leads to Free Food Offer--Tonight Only

Yes, I like this pizza and pasta place and the owner. Here is a one night only opportunity. A burst pipe will lead to 2 weeks or so of renovations. But tonight only they will clear out the kitchen with a free food offer for their patio or takeout.

http://www.arlnow.com/2013/05/29/free-food-at-toscana-grill-tonight/ How can you go wrong? Many local customers have grown to love this place. Its a great opportunity to give it a try.

One operating restaurant recently closed:  Big Chair Cafe and Bar in Anacostia at Martin Luther King Avenue:

"Big Chair Cafe Bar & Grill Closes in Anacostia" by Jonathan O'Connell on washingtonpost.com

The other that is still operating under its name but changed management is Toscana Grill.   The management between the operator and lease holder ended and the lease holder took it back.

In both cases the operators did not have leases.  They had agreements with the existing lease holders (former operators) to operate the restaurants.  It appears both agreements ended badly and quickly.

I knew of Big Chair through the bartending school as we provided them with a stream of bartenders.  They converted from a coffee house to bar/restaurant and had an excellent run.  From their Facebook page it appeared there was a lot of satisfaction with the operations.

---

In the other case the most recent operator made a business deal with the lease holder (former operator) and ran the restaurant for a little over two years.  It became a local favorite of mine.  Initially because of the NJ/NY style Italian food, flavors, and pizza and then because the operator till just recently it was easily one of the most outgoing, fun, engaging people I had met in the restaurant business over many years.  It was easy to become a regular...as with many others.

In the case of Toscana, the outgoing operator made a plan to leave, gave notice, but that quickly broke down and the change in operations occurred abruptly last week.  I'll certainly miss the operations.

I can't speak to the changes if any in the menu.

One little note of interest:  If you go to the restaurant website, you'll see a note from the website owner/former operator announcing the close down.  Then go to the google reviews and sort by most recent:  

You'll see a "planted review" responding to the website announcement and how great the place is.

In both cases the operators didn't hold the leases.  Its a rough way to operate in my experience, and though its rare its also a way to get into the business as an operator with very little capital.

Toscana Grill has changed ownership, and is apparently changing its name to the embarrassingly bad "Spaghetti Ya Face," so for all intents and purposes (not "for all intensive purposes!"), it's closed.

Toscana Grill has changed ownership, and is apparently changing its name to the embarrassingly bad "Spaghetti Ya Face," so for all intents and purposes (not "for all intensive purposes!"), it's closed.

Actually, the website for Toscana Grill has been spaghettiyaface.com since Joe took over back in 2011.  They also have a Facebook page under the same name, where they've said they hope to have a new spot soon. The New Toscana Grill menu said that the slogan was "born out of a Jersey family argument."

I'm sorry to see them leave the current location, as it's very close to my office and we've had some good food from them over the past few years.  Joe is a very nice guy, so I hope he's able to find a new location without much delay/hassle.

• Like 1

Yeah, Don:  Toscana Grill was complicated.  It was originally opened by a family member of the Pines of Florence group over 10 years ago.  I'd say it didn't work.  Pines of Florence has been a reliable mid priced mediocre but okay Italian restaurant for many years with several locations.   But Toscana Grill was far worse, IMHO.

Toscana Grill was operated by a family member that didn't seem to care about the service details.   With it never really working well then under the same management it changed its menu and added a different website.  The 2nd iteration of Toscana Grill was a vegetarian restaurant.   It didn't work.

Then a little over two years ago, Joe took over the restaurant, under its original lease and became the "operator" with the same original family member being the owner.  Joe changed the menu, made the recipe's more like those of NJ/NY and had a different website  the whatever you want to think of it, spaghettiyaface dot com menu.

Then he decided to move.  The business arrangement terminated way too abruptly imho, but it occurred.  spaghettiyaface dot com is still up but I'm sure it will come down in a reasonable time and there will be a toscanagrill web site.

With all those changes....that is a place that defies easy description.    I'll miss it.  The NJ/NY menu was comfort food to me.  I enjoyed it.  I thought Joe was one of the most engaging friendly restaurant operators I had met.  Good luck to him.

Yeah, Don:  Toscana Grill was complicated.  It was originally opened by a family member of the Pines of Florence group over 10 years ago.  I'd say it didn't work.  Pines of Florence has been a reliable mid priced mediocre but okay Italian restaurant for many years with several locations.   But Toscana Grill was far worse, IMHO.

Toscana Grill was operated by a family member that didn't seem to care about the service details.   With it never really working well then under the same management it changed its menu and added a different website.  The 2nd iteration of Toscana Grill was a vegetarian restaurant.   It didn't work.

Then a little over two years ago, Joe took over the restaurant, under its original lease and became the "operator" with the same original family member being the owner.  Joe changed the menu, made the recipe's more like those of NJ/NY and had a different website  the whatever you want to think of it, spaghettiyaface dot com menu.

Then he decided to move.  The business arrangement terminated way too abruptly imho, but it occurred.  spaghettiyaface dot com is still up but I'm sure it will come down in a reasonable time and there will be a toscanagrill web site.

With all those changes....that is a place that defies easy description.    I'll miss it.  The NJ/NY menu was comfort food to me.  I enjoyed it.  I thought Joe was one of the most engaging friendly restaurant operators I had met.  Good luck to him.

It just seems like all it would have taken is one day with a restaurant consultant (actually listening and taking action), and this place could have made it.

• Like 1

So the confusing tale and changing character of Toscana Grill changes again:  This place is now a Pines of Florence restaurant, with the long runnning Pines of Florence menu in full and several staff that had been at POF along the Rosslyn to Ballston corridor for probably over a decade.

For a long time they had a location on Wilson Blvd in Courthouse.  At some point in the early 2000's they knew they were going to lose the Courthouse location and simultaneously arranged to have a relative (son or nephew) open Toscana Grill, primarily based on the POF formula.

POF moved to the Virginia Square location on Fairfax Ave. in the mid 2000's, and vacated last year.

Now back to the long ugly saga of Toscana Grill.

From the time it opened (circa 2000 to 2002 range) it was IMHO pretty bad.  The operator/relative just didn't have it.  Mediocre (but on face value) acceptable type POF food, made dramatically worse by some of the worst customer service one could imagine.

Toscana, either through this initial owner or through a different operator (under a management agreement), tried a different concept/ theme emphasizing vegetarian dishes.   That didn't fly.

Then the operator I liked, Joe came in about 2-2.5 years ago, rebranded it w/ a NJ type Italian flavor and actually picked up business volume.

More than anything the strongest selling point at that period was that the operator, Joe, would easily star as a supreme hospitality, make you feel good, encourage regulars type of general manager.  He drew regulars.  His menu featured Italian more in keeping with NY/NJ style flavors in pizza and pastas than before.  

Still not great but decidedly better and incredible customer service levels on his part.

Then he wanted to/needed to move...and his departure caused an ugly rift between lease holder and original operator and Joe.

Now the folks that may have inspired the original Toscana Grill and may have guaranteed the original lease back around 2000 are now operating the restaurant in its entirety.

I had one meal.  It's menu is Pines of Florence through and through and some of the faces are folks that were at POF for the last 10-15 years.    That makes it "acceptalble mediocre" in my book....but at least customer service will be on the ball.

I suppose its a long term saga of mediocre Italian food....and now in a brutally challenging location.   Good luck fellas.

• Like 1

I've now eaten dinner from Toscana Grill twice in the last few weeks, once there, and once when I stopped for take out and chatted with one of the staffers to get some clarity on the ownership management.

The menu states Toscana Grill, operated by the Pines of Florence (staff, team--> I forget the exact wordage).   The manager is the guy who operated Pines of Florence for decades in Arlington, first on Wilson Blvd in the Courthouse area and for the last  (maybe 8-10 years) on Fairfax Drive near Virginia Square.   I recognize at least one waiter who might have been at the Wilson Blvd Courthouse location so many years ago.

Toscana Grill opened approximately 15 years ago or so. the person who originally opened Toscana Grill, and who still holds the lease is the nephew of the long time operator of Arlington's Pines of Florence.

One reason it opened was that Pines knew they were losing the Wilson Boulevard Courthouse lease and wanted to keep a presence in Courthouse.

Pines, though, secured the lease in Virginia Square and operated for so many years.   That probably meant the "nephew" was pretty much on his own.

For most of the past many years in my experience Toscana was weak, with poor service and food.  It went through some management/design/menu changes at various times.   In all those years though the same lease holder kept it and still has the lease.

For about 2 years in length and terminating approximately 1 year ago, a fellow named Joe operated Toscana and got a lot of raves (certainly from me---but from others also).  I'd give him an A+++ rating for customer service and hospitality skills.  He also varied the menu with Italian dishes, sauces, and pizza more in the style of the NY metro region.

Joe left 1 year ago.   The lease holder, the "nephew" took it over again.  He probably struggled in the ensuing year.  Also it is clear he's wanted somebody else to operate for at least 5 or 6 years.

Now, the Uncle and long time operator of Pines of Florence (of Arlington)   has taken over the operation.   I gather his name is Shafi Khan.

The menu and quality of the food, is completely in the long term character of Pines of Florence, Arlington--(as there are other Pines' restaurants, let alone Pines of Florence operations)

Incidentally there new website is http://toscanagrillarlington.com

I suspect they are open lunch and dinners on weekdays and don't open till dinner on Saturdays and Sundays, regardless of whatever is on their websites.

Now as to the food.  In my opinion it is and always has been mediocre Italian cooking somewhat in the same style as the local Pines of Rome and other regional Pines' restaurants from long ago.

Pricing is moderate.    I have eaten at a lot of them over the decades.  Always mediocre in my estimation, always moderate priced.  What can I say I have a jones for Italian food.  I cook it, I dine out on it.  Lord knows I probably dream about it.

Now as far as Toscana Grill and the location at 2300 Clarendon Blvd inside the Courthouse Office Complex and inside the Courtyard and off the street---best thing I can say, in my estimation is that the "nephew" isn't operating it.  I thought that regardless of food, menu etc etc.  he was a terrible operator and had no sense of customer service in any capacity.  Just my opinion.  Nice fellow...just seemed to completely miss on the customer service aspect of the restaurant business.

According to Arlnow, when Toscana Grill closes, Pho Deluxe is going into that space.  While I welcome a pho place, I'm surprised that a Vietnamese restaurant that serves more than pho is moving so close to Minh's (I would have been less surprised by something like the pho place in Rosslyn that only serves pho and is amazing at it).  Pho is not Minh's specialty, but everything else there is so good. 

• Like 1

According to Arlnow, when Toscana Grill closes, Pho Deluxe is going into that space.  While I welcome a pho place, I'm surprised that a Vietnamese restaurant that serves more than pho is moving so close to Minh's (I would have been less surprised by something like the pho place in Rosslyn that only serves pho and is amazing at it).  Pho is not Minh's specialty, but everything else there is so good. 

The comments in the Arlnow thread are always entertaining as were this group.  No the lease was not over, but evidently some kind of buyout/ negotiated termination was arranged.  Good luck to the new operators.  Must admit I get a lot of lunch time pho at minh's.   Not great, nor the best, but my oh my it does the trick in cold weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheezepowder said:

From their website, seems like they kept Toscana and now call themselves "Toscana Flamingo Ethiopian & Italian Restaurant."

This should go over really well.

I can hear the owner's line of thinking: "Hmm, there's a large Ethiopian community a few miles west of here - this will draw some of them in, and *everyone* likes Italian food. Plus, Italy colonized Ethiopia, so it's a natural fit!"

Yeah, Ethiopia loves Italy, just like India loves the UK. I have to take a screenshot of this to prove to the world fifty years from now that this actually existed.

Screenshot 2016-06-15 at 14.22.38.png

23 minutes ago, Simul Parikh said:

But, Don, Cafe Aurora does the same thing. Italian and Ethiopian (well Eritrean, to be specific). I asked the waitress about this, and she said it's quite common in Eritrea and Ethiopian to combine the cuisines. They also have really good espresso drinks there. And, in Del Ray, Cafe Caboose has pasta along with injera and tibs. 

Oh, no doubt: many (if not most) Ethiopian restaurants in the area serve spaghetti - I was just teasing because I'm not sure I've seen the combination advertised this blatantly before, and to their credit, they have a fairly extensive Ethiopian menu which probably means they have an Ethiopian cook.

4 hours ago, DonRocks said:

I'm not sure I've seen the combination advertised this blatantly before

There used to be a place on 18th Street in Adams Morgan that called themselves an Italian-Ethiopian restaurant. Good food. But I can't remember which of the many places that used to be there it was!

On 6/15/2016 at 2:21 PM, DonRocks said:

This should go over really well.

I can hear the owner's line of thinking: "Hmm, there's a large Ethiopian community a few miles west of here - this will draw some of them in, and *everyone* likes Italian food. Plus, Italy colonized Ethiopia, so it's a natural fit!"

Yeah, Ethiopia loves Italy, just like India loves the UK. I have to take a screenshot of this to prove to the world fifty years from now that this actually existed.

Screenshot 2016-06-15 at 14.22.38.png

The website looks very different today.

Looks like they're focused on East African food now. 

In a continuation of the ongoing joke to make Don's life as miserable as possible:

Aug 29, 2017 - "Central American Restaurant Plaza Maya Opens on Columbia Pike" by Chris Teale on arlnow.com

Plaza Maya closed shortly after it opened, but the good news (for me, as organizer) is that it appeared to have different owners - thus, this thread can now mercifully be marked as Closed.

If I'm not mistaken, there is yet another restaurant at 3207 Columbia Pike (the center of the three), but I can't remember for sure - I always get distracted by that purple monstrosity, just to the east.

Screenshot 2018-03-01 at 14.42.42.png