Twenty-Dollar Tuesdays

Mrs. B

I have been looking forward to this event ever since it was announced. Actually, I've been watching this thread for a Gamasot dinner to be organized! But my life has taken an unexpected turn in the last 3 weeks, and I don't know now if I will be able to attend tomorrow night. If it would be easier for the restaurant, I'll cancel now. Otherwise, if I can decide tomorrow afternoon, depending on work events, then there's a slim chance I'd make it.

What to do?

We will be calling the restaurant with a final headcount tomorrow afternoon, so hope for the best and let us know ASAP if you have to cancel.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will make a final call to the restaurant this afternoon so please let DanielK know if you are not able to come.

I am trying to make exactly $20 for each person. Actually I made my order list last night if 15 persons are coming.

Hope everyone likes what I order tonight. See ya!

We are leaving Tyson's @ 6:15, we MAY be a couple of minutes late, but are definitely coming!

Thanks to Grover, Ilaine and Danielk for organizing, ordering, and posting

FINAL HEADCOUNT 14, unless someone says otherwise.

Gamasot, Springfield, VA, Wednesday March 5, 7:00 pm, website

Ilaine +1, coordinator

Scott Johnston

cucas87

DanielK

grover

eating out

ScotteeM

TheMatt

StephenB

Red +2

With the end of summer, school starting again, and the Beltway "September Shock" in full swing, it is time to announce the

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

Anyone who wants to join is always welcome! Post here or PM me or the coordinator to get on the list.

Addis Ababa, Silver Spring, website, Tuesday September 9, 7:30 pm

Coordinator: porcupine

A suburban favorite for Ethiopian cuisine, and the site of several previous DR.com $20 Tuesdays returns for another whirl.

porcupine

DanielK +1

xcanuck +1

rkduggins

Heather

Saagar, Gaithersburg, website (currently down), Tuesday October 14, 7:30 pm

Coordinator: xcanuck

A new joint that features not just an extensive menu of northern and southern Indian favorites, but also a collection of Indo-Chinese dishes!

xcanuck +1

DanielK +1

Scott Johnston

rkduggins +1

sshorter

Bump.

First $20 Tuesday in a while is in just a few days. Sign up now!

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

Anyone who wants to join is always welcome! Post here or PM me or the coordinator to get on the list.

A suburban favorite for Ethiopian cuisine, and the site of several previous DR.com $20 Tuesdays returns for another whirl.

porcupine

DanielK +1

xcanuck +1

rkduggins

Heather

Tomorrow! Lots of room for others to join...

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAY

porcupine

DanielK +1

xcanuck +1

rkduggins

Heather

I am REALLY sorry and hate to do this, but we have to back out.

We have tickets to see The Cult at the 9:30 Club tonite and they just posted the set times. The Cult go on at 9:05pm. I don't see any way for us to finish dinner and then get to the club in time for the beginning of the show. We spent a lot on these tickets and I don't want to miss any of the show.

This sucks. I'm sure dinner will be great. Again, we're really sorry. :lol:

Saagar, Gaithersburg, website (currently down), Tuesday October 14, 7:30 pm

Coordinator: xcanuck

A new joint that features not just an extensive menu of northern and southern Indian favorites, but also a collection of Indo-Chinese dishes!

xcanuck +1

DanielK +1

Scott Johnston

rkduggins +1

sshorter

And now it appears that I will be in Costa Mesa on business the entire week of the 13th so I'll be missing this dinner too. Fourth quarter - what can I say? Busiest time of the year for us in technical sales. :lol:

Still on for tonight! Some players have changed, but that just means room for more...

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

porcupine +1

DanielK +3

crackers

rkduggins

Sorry I am out for the 14th (going to eve instead)

Actually, since Amit's research so far has indicated that Saagar isn't worth a special trip, and with the scheduling of the Eve dinner, I was going to cancel the $20 Tuesday for 10/14 anyway.

Let's pick a different Tuesday (or any weekday) and a new place. Who has an idea to throw into the mix?

Actually, since Amit's research so far has indicated that Saagar isn't worth a special trip, and with the scheduling of the Eve dinner, I was going to cancel the $20 Tuesday for 10/14 anyway.

Let's pick a different Tuesday (or any weekday) and a new place. Who has an idea to throw into the mix?

Hmm... maybe we could use the 10/14 date to go to Pete's. I have had a hard time finding a date due to the High Holidays and other travel commitments. Since only 10 people can do the Eve dinner, maybe having a second low dollar event that night might not be a bad thing.

How does this work at an Asian restaurant? Do we have individual portion of many dishes (i.e., a tasting menu) or is this done family style?

Unless we were organized enough to arrange a tasting menu in advance, we would just go family style. Depends on the size of the crowd, whether anyone knows the management, etc.

Have you been there? I haven't, but I did notice their site had set menus available.

I'm just responding generically to what we've done in the past for DR.com dinners at Asian places.

I went there many years ago, and don't remember my meal there. The menu looks pretty extensive, but the set menus don't seem to span the breadth of the menu, IMHO.

Has there been a day set for this? 'Cuz Fun Guy and I would be interested in partaking...

I'm just responding generically to what we've done in the past for DR.com dinners at Asian places.

I went there many years ago, and don't remember my meal there. The menu looks pretty extensive, but the set menus don't seem to span the breadth of the menu, IMHO.

Did the four sisters thing happen? Hope I didn't miss it?

Anyone interested in korean (e.g., yeachon) in annandale? (BTW, saw two resturants going up, one where HR ribster used to be, am guessing it will be korean, and one next to the giant, a new korean tofu place)

Did the four sisters thing happen? Hope I didn't miss it?

Anyone interested in korean (e.g., yeachon) in annandale? (BTW, saw two resturants going up, one where HR ribster used to be, am guessing it will be korean, and one next to the giant, a new korean tofu place)

Ummm, that's YECHON (no A according to their Romanji sign). If you want someone to order for you, you might ask Grover..she seems to know a lot about Korean food.

Just because it's the holidays, doesn't mean it's not time to announce the...

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

Jang Won Ban Jum, Korean-Chinese in Annandale, VA THIS Tuesday December 16th, 7:00 pm

Coordinators: Soup and Grover

Yet another in the series of Korean-themed $20 Tuesdays hosted by Grover, this time co-hosted with Soup.

Soup

Grover

Escoffier

DanielK

TheMatt

Early January date, TBD, Four Sisters (Vietnamese) in Merrifield, VA

Coordinator: Tweaked

Checking out the new digs for the old favorite (which used to be called Huong Que, but is now officially named as the English translation Four Sisters)

Tweaked

DanielK

TheMatt

Jang Won Ban Jum, Korean-Chinese in Annandale, VA THIS Tuesday December 16th, 7:00 pm

Hmm...I have always been intrigued by Korean-Chinese. I think I might throw my name in for this one.

This one I know I want to go to!

Sorry, been out of circulations. The work is just very busy but I will be there this tuesday.

Is this the one across from jukebox diner next to the tire shop?

Grover, do you want me to call a reserve X number of seats? Do you know the address or phone number? Not sure that I've been to this particular resturant.

As for the type of food, noodles with blk bean sauce, noodles with spicy seafood broth, korean-chinese version sweet and sour beef, pork or shrimp. they do have items like braised sea cucumbers and jelly fish salad. The fried dumplings are usually good at these places.

Sorry, been out of circulations. The work is just very busy but I will be there this tuesday.

That's the one. Between the banks and the tire store. Across from the diner. Easiest way to describe the location is to say pass the turn for the post office on John Marr Drive and it's the next left turn lane.
Grover, do you want me to call a reserve X number of seats? Do you know the address or phone number? Not sure that I've been to this particular resturant.
I'll let Grover answer this one. We may just run by there tomorrow (okay, so I really like the jjangmyunyung) and grab a menu and put together a tentative menu.
As for the type of food, noodles with blk bean sauce, noodles with spicy seafood broth, korean-chinese version sweet and sour beef, pork or shrimp. they do have items like braised sea cucumbers and jelly fish salad. The fried dumplings are usually good at these places.
Their fried dumplings are excellent. They also make their own noodles. I think people will be pleasantly surprised at just how good and approchable this food really is. (and they have really great jampong as well)

4210 John Marr Dr

Annandale, VA 22003

(703) 354-1950

We're in (i.e., my wife and I). I forecast that she will hate the jajangmyeon and probably won't even touch the spicy noodle, especially if she spies any mushrooms in them. She will love the sweet & sour pork and the dumplings. Do we need to bring cash?

Do any of you actually like sea cucumber? We've always had them at banquets and there are always leftovers, despite best efforts to jam them down people's throats.

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS!

Yet another in the series of Korean-themed $20 Tuesdays hosted by Grover, this time co-hosted with Soup.

Soup

Grover

Escoffier

DanielK

TheMatt

Ericandblueboy +1

Checking out the new digs for the old favorite (which used to be called Huong Que, but is now officially named as the English translation Four Sisters)

Tweaked

DanielK

TheMatt

Scott Johnston

cucas87