dr.com HH for RissaP Tonight: 5:30 PM @ Corduroy

Barbara

Save the Date:

Monday, July 2, starting at 5:30.

Rissa will work her last day at Corduroy on Saturday, June 30. On Monday, she will join the DR.com crew at a Happy Hour in her honor. We hope that Ferhat will attend as well, if he is back from Turkey in time. Imagine this: Rissa and Ferhat joining their peeps and not having to work! It oughta be a HOOT!

Be there or be square. A head count will help.

Save the Date:

Monday, July 2, starting at 5:30.

Rissa will work her last day at Corduroy on Saturday, June 30. On Monday, she will join the DR.com crew at a Happy Hour in her honor. We hope that Ferhat will attend as well, if he is back from Turkey in time. Imagine this: Rissa and Ferhat joining their peeps and not having to work! It oughta be a HOOT!

Be there or be square. A head count will help.

I will try to be there.

I'm sorry I'll miss this! The people at Corduroy keep me coming back as much as the food does. While I have no doubt that Chef Power will find someone spectacular to fill this position, I can't quite think of whoever that may be as Rissa's replacement -- there is no such thing. Good luck and I look forward to visiting you at your next establishment.

Pete and I enjoyed dinner at Corduroy on Sat and Rissa stopped by and told us about her leaving. It's a sad sad day as we always enjoyed seeing her smiling face. But I'm sure we'll see her pop up somewhere else just as great.

Pete and I will try to be there although everyone else will have to drink for me (5 weeks to go until baby's born!). I'm sure we will be later than 5:30 as we will have to truck in from the burbs. ;) Is the happy hour at Corduroy? Just making sure.

Corduroy, 12th & K Streets NW, Chef Tom Power in the Sheraton Four Points

A person wouldn`t understand how deeply in love with someone or something, as long as that person is spending his time with it. A person will understand `the love and the attachment` when the good bye time comes. Tonite, maybe for the first time I feel this about Corduroy. Im not going to be there anymore but my loved ones , my friends and people I respect a lot will be there. This is really hard. And for the people who showed up tonite; I really want to thank you. It is very kind and emotional for me to receive this support from you. I appreciate you.

Corduroy Family: I will miss you very much and you will be in my heart.

Thank you.

Ferhat Yalcin

I never thought that my turn, this day would ever come.

All events, all experiences have as their purpose the creation of opportunity.

Now I know how Ferhat deeply felt...

Rissa Pagsibigan

When my parents chose to name me Rissa, they had no idea what it meant. They just liked how it sounded. As I worked in different professional kitchens amongst the Spanish-speaking people, they were thrilled to educate me about my name, spelled with one “s”, means to laugh or to smile. That is what I will miss.

I will miss all those friendly, smiling faces I used to encounter at Corduroy on a daily basis. In a flash, I would catch myself with a huge smile whenever I saw familiar faces. I will miss my high-spirited Corduroy family who pushed themselves to success along my side through thick and thin—oh, that rewarding feeling at the end of each day echoes through my mind! These are the people who actually inspired me and kept me going. When you have witnessed life-transforming experiences with Corduroy family and friends who have gotten together, engaged, married, soon to marry, gave birth, about to give birth, birthdays and anniversaries every year, graduation parties, divorced (yes—that, too!), and sadly those who have passed away, you realize how much there is in life to appreciate! It is the most difficult thing for me to do—to say thank you and goodbye to a place that I’ve nurtured with hard work and passion.

To everyone whom I’ve had the opportunity to personally say thank you and goodbye, to those who came last night at the happy hour and to those who I did not get a chance to see, I want to express my sincerest gratitude for appreciating all the efforts we’ve done at Corduroy all these years!

Barbara :) , thank you very much for organizing the special happy hour. I will never forget! Thanks for the decadent chocolate cake with white chocolate frosting and the gorgeous flowers! Believe me—there were moments when I was twiddling my fingers and tapping my feet trying to refrain myself from serving people with food and drinks and from bussing tables as my instincts kept me wanting to do. It was extremely hard to just sit still. :P One thing that can never be taken away is this joyful feeling that through the years and through DonRockwell.com, I have made some amazing dear friends who have been so supportive! Thank you to everyone and to Don Rocks for taking the time to come to the happy hour!!!

Thank you to the Corduroy staff (I can’t believe I’m the one saying this now) for bearing with a fun, rowdy (?) group! You gracefully kept your cool! And to Chef Tom Power for the lovely cake—thank you for the experience and the great opportunity of having worked side-by-side with you. It has been a real journey I will always be very proud of!

I will pop in somewhere in my next adventure and will keep in touch with everyone. ;)

Maraming salamat po! Ikinagagalak ko kayong lahat na makilala!

Thank you very much! It’s been a pleasure knowing all of you! :(

See you later!

Rissa Pagsibigan :)