Office Christmas Party

DanCole42

Cheapest app + cheapest entree = $26

I think we'd have trouble staying under $30.

What about something with a buffet?

Usually we go to the Mayflower seafood buffet, but we're low on cash this year.

I guess. You could try somewhere that has extended restaurant week lunches ($20.07). Blanking on which restaurants there have done so, though....

Bring food in. Some of my favorite office parties have been modified pot-lucks. The company provides the meats, everybody else provides the sides and fixin's.

Even if you provide all the food, you could have a really nice buffet lunch for $30 a person in the office.

I hate being bought out. We used to do whatever the hell we wanted for a Holiday party, and everyone looked forward to it.

Being given this budget by corporate is just a big headache.

Merry Christmas, f***ers.

Not that we're bitter or anything.

Don't complain. My office is making all the DC folks train up to headquarters in NYC for a lunch and then train back. 6+ hours on a train for a most likely crappy meal.

So here's the deal. I've got $30 per person to spend. Either lunch or dinner in the vicinity of 18th and Connecticut NW.

What do you think?

Luigi's at 19th and L? I've been there with groups but not in any recent time frame. Not great but not bad.

You might be able to do Olives for lunch (1600 K).

Restaurant K. I see someone already gave the web site for that. McCormick and Schmick would be another possibility.

Old standby and a bit of a trip: Old Ebbitt.

I hate being bought out. We used to do whatever the hell we wanted for a Holiday party, and everyone looked forward to it.

Being given this budget by corporate is just a big headache.

Merry Christmas, f***ers.

Not that we're bitter or anything.

Don't complain. My office is making all the DC folks train up to headquarters in NYC for a lunch and then train back. 6+ hours on a train for a most likely crappy meal.
Would you two like some cheese with your whine?

Zorba's on Dupont Circle. I believe they have a private area, their apps are more than satisfactory, might keep our beloved vegan/veggie cousins happy and I would hope that you could work out a beer/wine deal. And when people use up your company's rather minimal stipend they would be close enough to a metro to find their own fun and will have a full stomach. Unless they were expecting steak instead of lamb.

Zorba's on Dupont Circle. I believe they have a private area, their apps are more than satisfactory, might keep our beloved vegan/veggie cousins happy and I would hope that you could work out a beer/wine deal. And when people use up your company's rather minimal stipend they would be close enough to a metro to find their own fun and will have a full stomach. Unless they were expecting steak instead of lamb.
A wise thought, that. Or, try Bistro du Coin -- there's a semi-separate seating area upstairs. That might push the $30 figure, but not as much as some others.

On second thought, $30/head is so tightfisted that you should spend all the money on booze. I reccomend the Camelot club, which is within footsteps of 18th and Conn.

Well, since "whining" has already been mentioned ...

My office is having "Grilled Chicken, Grilled Pit Roast Beef, Maryland Pit Ham, Sauteed Spinach, Green Beans w/Almonds, Home Style Potato Salad, Italian Pasta Salad, Corn Bread, Lemonade and Iced Tea." On paper plates with plastic utensils, in our training room. For the low, low price of $21. No, that's not what the office pays, that's what WE pay if we choose to go to the party. Desserts? They're asking for volunteers to bring something.

So, now I have to decide where I'll be enjoying a long lunch on December 19. I wonder how far $21 will take me?

I looked at the menu at Restaurant K, and I can't see how you guys are thinking that'll come in at $30 a person. Maybe Luigi's or Nooshi...better yet, get thee to the Greek Deli and have him do a fine bit of catering for you. There's no way you'll be spending $30 a head. Then spend the extra $$ on booze. Or, if you want to hang out somewhere with a sit down area go to Vapiano. Pasta made to order, salads and pizza, and most importantly, a bar with happy hour specials.

I looked at the menu at Restaurant K, and I can't see how you guys are thinking that'll come in at $30 a person. Maybe Luigi's or Nooshi...better yet, get thee to the Greek Deli and have him do a fine bit of catering for you. There's no way you'll be spending $30 a head. Then spend the extra $$ on booze. Or, if you want to hang out somewhere with a sit down area go to Vapiano. Pasta made to order, salads and pizza, and most importantly, a bar with happy hour specials.
I was going to say call the Greek Deli guy and have him cater. It would be a lot less than $30 a person and good.

So here's the deal. I've got $30 per person to spend. Either lunch or dinner in the vicinity of 18th and Connecticut NW.

What do you think?

So where did you all wind up for your party??
How about Skewers at 21st and P? Looks like you could either have food catered, or cover some shared appetizers and an entree at lunch. They have always handled groups well when I've been there - it's been a while. I love(d) their chicken kabob salad :(
Looks like I'm not the only who likes that salad :(