What Are You Drinking Right Now?

deangold

Pertimali Brunello 2000, quite yummy and a little funky... as a friend says "smells like a baby's ass!"

Terre Nerre 2004 Guardiola - insanely good shit from Sicilia, Nero Mascalese 150 year old vines 400 meters up Etna

L Pira 1999 Marenca Barolo Incredible earthy tarry barolo just beginning to show its stuff.

Sounds tasty! What proportions? Does it have a name?

I was winging it! I'd say about 2t lavender syrup, 1/2 T limoncello and 2 fingers of Hendrick's.

When I made the lavender syrup, I let it steep for a while. The herb's flavor and scent is very pronnounced with a slight purple tinge to the liquid. When I make the syrup again, I'll cut the lavender quantity in half from the 1/4 cup I used with the 1/2 cup sugar and water.

Brunello 2001 2000 & 1999 from Collemattoni. Damn, one is just better than the next. The 99 is clear as a bell, complex, subtle and really farking good. The 2000 has lots more extraction but is a little less complex for that. The 2001 is a wine that is so good that its hard to see how much of a shame it is to drink now. It is a little disjoint and lacks much on the nose. But the falvors are razor sharp and direct. This is one serious freaking Brunello and well deserving of its three glass rating from Gambero Rosso (Tre Biccheiri)

Very Old Barton 86 proof. If there is a darn-useful bargain bourbon out there, here it is. Pretty much only available at Magruders Chevy Chase. I think it's $17 for a 1.75L. Load 'em up!
Picked up a bottle on Saturday and agree. Much better than the vast majority of the lower shelf bourbons out there. Now if I can only get my FIL to start stocking this in stead of his beloved Virginia Gentleman (truly vile stuff).

Where did you happen to find the curieux? I have been searching to no avail.
Unfortunately, I don't have a local source either. I pick 'em up from Bierkraft when I'm in NYC, since they're just around the corner and it's usually in stock. A couple bucks more expensive than what I've seen online, but I know that Bierkraft maintains their inventory in top condition, under refrigeration.

I think I wrote about this wine somewhere, "If more $15 wine tasted like this, people would buy more wine."
It's the sort of thing that you like if you like that sort of thing. :P

Currently drinking Red Bicyclette chardonnay. I've had worse things in my mouth, but nothing is coming to mind right at the moment.