On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Refresh my recollection regarding parking.  The restrictions on the main part of Conn. Ave go off at 6:30.  But you can park before then in the metered spaces on the parallel side street?

You are correct.

Porter St on the West side of Conn. Ave. usually has spots if you are willing to walk a little bit.

You are a very optimistic person :P Friday nights tend to be bad because of Shabbat.

A couple of warnings about the 6:30 parking on Connecticut. My friend parked right across the street from Dino at 6:25 and had a ticket when she came back to her car that night. Also, the 6:30 spots go very quickly, especially on a Friday. Get there at 6:40 and you may be SOL. Have fun and someone bring a fire extinguisher for Justin :wub:

I say someone should get there early and confiscate the entire bar for us...

I can make every effort to do this. I will leave something at each barstool and, with the several outfits I bring along, constantly excuse myself to go change in the rest room so it looks like there are several people there.

On second thought, it might be easier to save parking spaces.

I can make every effort to do this.  I will leave something at each barstool and, with the several outfits I bring along, constantly excuse myself to go change in the rest room so it looks like there are several people there.

On second thought, it might be easier to save parking spaces.

I'll be leaving my office before 5:30 and can help assert squatters rights.

Oh, how I wish I'd known! I have been working like the proverbial pooch and am in desperate need of something to look forward to -- would anyone care to attempt DG next Tuesday? That would be 7 projects from now, if anyone cares... :P

This unmoderated, unedited thread can be used by anyone and everyone who wants to get together for dinner, meet for a drink after work, rabblerouse, cavort and just enjoy the pleasures of each others company.

Feel free to post here as often as you'd like!

An outing is in the works for a dim sum pleasure trip to the Golden Palace in Glen Burnie near Baltimore this Sunday, at 11 AM. (finished in plenty of time to drive to DC for dinner at, say, Galileo.) It will be some rockwellians and some chowhounds who ('tis true) coexist in peace and harmony. Golden Palace is located at 5721 Ritchie Highway, just north of Glen Burnie, inside the Baltimore Beltway. Here is the approximate location Golden Palace

I'm told there are four types of dim sum carts: plain kitchen carts for the desserts and other cold dishes; the usual heated carts; a cart with a built-in griddle for heating and crisping things; and a cart with deep wells for congee and flavorings (this cart also holds the duck feet and the chicken feet.)

Here's what has been written before: "The place opens at 11 AM on Sunday, and by noon is filled, mostly with Chinese families. Standouts included the very suckable ribs with black beans, the sesame balls filled with bean paste, the steamed 'fun gor' (mashed beef, shrimp and peanuts in baby flesh), and what was described as "chicken from round the ribs", and was the essence of chickeny chicken. The strangest thing was 'mai tai goh' described as water chestnut cake. It was slabs of not too sweet yellow jello with shards of water chestnut, sauteed on the griddle in front of us! Worth a try. . . . There were also good off -menu items at other tables"

If you are interested in coming, PM or email me and I will pass the word along (it's not expensive, so I think the plan is to just split the check.)

Edited by crackers

I'll be at Corduroy's bar at 6:30 :P With Hannah and Mr Hannah (not sure what your dr.com handle is) enjoying scallops and white burgundy before heading to the 9:30 Club. Perhaps we will see some familiar faces.

Edited by Heather

I have a symposium to attend (What...that's what the eVite said!) on the second floor of Thai Place this evening at 7. I was planning to hit Circle Bistro for a glass or two of wine prior to that, if anybody wants to come.

I'm supposed to meet a friend from out of town and some of his friends for guacamole, margaritas and ventworm nuts (do those come boiled or dry-roasted?) at 10PM (or after the Nats game, whichever comes first). So I need to kill some time somewhere and soemthing to tide me over until all that deliciousness later in the evening.

I may have to tag along at Corduroy myself.

Spring rolls, scallops, steak. It's all good. It doesn't even have to start with an S.

I can't seem to locate HillValley's note about the upcoming outing to WolfTrap...

Next Friday, the 29th, my favorite movie of all time Wizard of Oz is being shown in the ampitheater with the National Symphony Orchestra offering musical accompaniment. Throw in a couple bottles of wine, some cheese & meat as complements, and some people who aren't too hard to be around, seems like the perfect Friday night outing (even if it isn't so "on a whim"). Who's in?

I can vouch for their willingness to accomodate large groups of people at the bar for happy hour (and many hours after happy hour) :wub:

When I changed jobs a few months back a large crowd of us descended on Corduroy for drinks (lots of em) and snacks - we were treated splendidly throughout and my only hope is that we didn't get too rowdy :P

we`ll take care of you , come on over people

Is anyone whimming tonight?

What restaurant in DC has the most powerful air conditioner?

It wasn't Corduroy on Friday night. Maybe it was the heat from all the candles being burned at the convention?

Someplace subterranian is good on a HOT day. I bet Citronelle stays pretty cool.