On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

I'm thinking about* dropping in to Bistro Bis for RW dinner at the bar tomorrow or Friday.  Anybody want to come?  Date and time flexible.

* After proper consultation, of course :P

I'm around Friday - family dinner out in the burbs tomorrow night...

I'm thinking about* dropping in to Bistro Bis for RW dinner at the bar tomorrow or Friday.  Anybody want to come?  Date and time flexible.

* After proper consultation, of course :P

I could consider joining up with you on Friday. Hmmm Bistro Bis during August recess -- probably won't be too cluttered up with high powered politicos so if there are enough of us interested in dinner we might even get a table. Is Nadya gonna be working then?

Edited by FunnyJohn

I could consider joining up with you on Friday.  Hmmm Bistro Bis during August recess -- probably won't be too cluttered up with high powered politicos so if there are enough of us interested in dinner we might even get a table.  Is Nadya gonna be working then?

Nadya will be working tonight and tomorrow night. On Friday night, she will be enjoying her very own RW dinner - the only exception made after careful deliberation to overrule blanket boycotting of other RW venues.

So....Ferhat baby, whatchy'all cookin' for Restaurant Week??

Yeah, you guessed right. That's where :P

No need to answer, really :wub:

Nadya will be working tonight and tomorrow night. On Friday night, she will be enjoying her very own RW dinner - the only exception made after careful deliberation to overrule blanket boycotting of other RW venues.

So....Ferhat baby, whatchy'all cookin' for Restaurant Week??

Yeah, you guessed right. That's where :P

No need to answer, really :wub:

I`ll make sure we have a seat for you or 2...

Anybody know anything about happy hour at Smith and Wollensky? It sounds like I'm heading over there tomorrow with some people from the library. Seemed like an odd choice, but apparently they do a good job, however I can't find any details...

I have had lovely business lunches there. Some tables are quieter than others but I would recommend it over any other place in the area for this particular purpose.

Also, yay! Just confirmed with crackers that I will be attending my first-ever DR.com event on Saturday at Corduroy, so I'll be able to put those menu suggestions from a couple of pages ago into practice myself!

I will be very happy to meet you. Craig and I will be there with bells on. :P

I'd like to thank Chef Clark for responding to a query I submitted to her through this forum. She was very generous with information about one of my favorite dishes. I think it's great that this forum opens up the dialogue between local chefs, managers, staff members, etc., and the public.

I love her restaurant and I look forward to my next visit!

That is so cool. My next visit will be this weekend before they close for the much needed/deserved vacation!

Waiting to see who comes out on top, but I'm already in Crystal City, so I might just go to Oyamel and/or Jaleo and/or both.

Brb, going to work out a decision table for that. (....ok, so 'Jaleo' AND 'Both' but NOT 'Oyamel'...sounds good)

Edited by shogun

Don't forget to try the cheese plate!

we did.....twice.. :wub: ...and it was very very good...the rind washed Hooligan was probably my favorite, closely followed by the Rogue Blue and the Old Chatham Camembert

thanks to John and Rachel for their hospitality, great meeting Jacques again, and nice to meet jmchen, ustreetguy and "he who shall not be named" who proved that contrasting colors and patterns are indeed "the new black" :P

Any whimming going on tonight?  Scott leaves tomorrow morning for 4 days and I'll be here with the kids...Im feeling the need for a drink or two.  :P

I have to go review the troops at Harry's. I know that's kinda outa the way for you, but if you make it there by 6:30 I'll buy ya a drink cus I feel your pain.