On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Firkin Thursday at Vermilion

Featuring the Northern VA Premier of Clipper City Brewing's

Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale

Thursday, September 29th

6:00 pm

This month’s Firkin Thursday features a cask of Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale from Clipper City Brewing Company out of Baltimore, MD. Clipper City is Baltimore’s largest brewing facility that produces hand-crafted boutique beers. Tonight's Firkin Thursday is the unveiling of Loose Cannon - the brewery's newest addition to the Heavy Seas line of big beers dedicated to the true aficionado. Vermilion’s kitchen will be offering special plates during the evening and throughout the weekend – even after the firkin is finished. Come early – stay late!

Menu

Citrus-marinated Pulled Pork Nachos $4

Duck Confit with Stilton Cheese & Apricots on

Brioche Toast with Lavendar-Honey Drizzle $6

Grilled Bistro Filet with Shitake Orange Sauce $7

Vanilla Malted Frozen Custard Balls Rolled in

Dark Chocolate $3

Firkin Thursday at Vermilion

Featuring the Northern VA Premier of Clipper City Brewing's

Loose Cannon Hop3 Ale

Thursday, September 29th

6:00 p

Menu

Citrus-marinated Pulled Pork Nachos                          $4

Duck Confit with Stilton Cheese & Apricots on

Brioche Toast with Lavendar-Honey Drizzle                $6

Grilled Bistro Filet with Shitake Orange Sauce            $7

Vanilla Malted Frozen Custard Balls Rolled in

Dark Chocolate                                                              $3

Anyone else headed to this tonight? I'll be at the bar, head partially submerged in a plate of duck confit.

Heading to Circle Bistro shortly in order to get my brain-meez together over some half priced wine in preparation for an all-nighter to try and complete a project that's been kicking my ass for the majority of the week.

All are welcome, but I probably won't be good company! :lol:

Edited to redline: I think I need a nap more...

Edited by shogun

Let me just say, Serenity met and exceeded all of my expectations. Run, don't walk, to this one!

And it a last ditch effort to keep this somewhat topical, I had decent Malaysian food before the movie at a restaurant called Tropical.

Oh my goodness...whatever you do don't try the "food" at the 9:30.  Scary, scary stuff.

That was a joke! I would never think about eating anything there, believe me. I will start my evening occupying a stool at FF. Tonight might be a great night to try the Chicken Soup Their Way. Anyone else heading out on this damp evening?

I will start my evening occupying a stool at FF.  Tonight might be a great night to try the Chicken Soup Their Way.  Anyone else heading out on this damp evening?

If the rain slacks a little bit I may head over around 6-ish. I've already been soaked once today thanks to an ill-timed fire drill. :lol:

I was gonna hang out, but I just realized that the roof (on my money pit of a house) is leaking. (I will note that it is leaking more now than it did before I replaced it earlier this year). So, I'm hanging around, waiting for someone to come and take a look at it, on a friday night. Boy do I need a drink. If a miracle occurs and the contractor shows up before 6pm tmorrow, i'll be showing up at ff or corduroy tonight, in desperate need of a cocktail and a good meal.

I was gonna hang out, but I just realized that the roof (on my money pit of a house) is leaking.  (I will note that it is leaking more now than it did before I replaced it earlier this year).  So, I'm hanging around, waiting for someone to come and take a look at it, on a friday night.  Boy do I need a drink.  If a miracle occurs and the contractor shows up before 6pm tmorrow, i'll be showing up at ff or corduroy tonight, in desperate need of a cocktail and a good meal.

These are the moments when you invite your DR friends to show up with a bottle and a bucket and you order in the pizza! :lol:

Edited by CrescentFresh

Paul and Barbara, Thanks for your support! When I realized that the miraculous friday night roof repair was not going to happen, I headed on over to Corduroy, and had the best meal (start to finish) that i've had in a long time. I'm posting about it under Corduroy.

Paul and Barbara,  Thanks for your support!  When I realized that the miraculous friday night roof repair was not going to happen, I headed on over to Corduroy, and had the best meal (start to finish) that i've had in a long time.  I'm posting about it under Corduroy.

if its any colsolation my (allegedly) newly repaired roof also leaked this weekend

:lol:

Palena was closed yesterday for the Columbus Day holiday.  You should have seen my face when I arrived and found the restaurant lights dimmed and a sign on the door.  :lol:

Still, dinner at Dino was very enjoyable.  Great to have more options in CP.

You and me, bubbah!!!

Ended up with a very serviceable mound of raw meat at BdC and much fun was had by all. But that's an entirely different story.

I'm checking out Vidalia with a friend tonight preceded, I think, by a drink at David Greggory. If you're in the vicinity, say hello. I'm wearing a shirt that falls somewhere in between orange and melon (!) with black pants.

On Saturday, I'll be at Notti Bianche with my parents for dinner.

In between (Friday) is an early birthday dinner with my boyfriend...he won't say where. I was just told to dress up. Exciting! :lol:

OK, so is Kotobuki going to be a mob-scene now?  I'm thinking about going tonight, solo-- I've been before, but can't remember if there's a bar?  Do they do take-out?

They have a bar and they do take-out is an option.