On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Would anyone be interested in a 90-minute time limited 6:30 reservation at Ray's this evening (before I call to cancel it)?

CRAP! I knew there was something better to do tonight than go kayaking...blast my piss poor memory!!! Hope someone good gets the seats.

I'm thinking of celebrating the return of my car from the body shop (after a month long stay and $6K in damages) by having a glass of wine and some fried oysters at Firefly after work this evening.

Isn't that how you entered Ding City to begin with?

TOMORROW NIGHT

Firkin Thursday at Vermilion featuring Victory Hop Devil Ale

Starting at 6:00 pm

Victory Brewing Company continues to "dare mighty things" with their award-winning beer. This month Vermilion scores a "glorious triumph" with a firkin of Victory Hop Devil, one of the eclectic ales from the brewery in Downingtown, PA.

Chef Beard offers up three special plates in the lounge to enjoy with a pint of firkin drawn Victory Hop Devil, including:

- Fried Calamari with Warm Pepperoncini Vinaigrette

- Prosciutto-Wrapped Figs with Stilton Cheese

- Beer-battered Tilapia with Chipotle Slaw & Housemade Pickle

Special plates & pints aplenty available throughout the weekend!

I'm thinking of celebrating the return of my car from the body shop (after a month long stay and $6K in damages) by having a glass of wine and some fried oysters at Firefly after work this evening.

It's Craig's birthday today and we have reservations at FF tonight at 7. (The boy couldn't make up his mind where he wanted to go, so I decided for him with two words: FRIED OYSTERS :P He thinks they are related to crack.) We can certainly get there early and help you bend your elbows. What time?

speaking of birthdays, I have one next week and my darling wife has given me my choice of restauants to choose from (within reason, anniversary is in Sept so that when we really splurge) so no tasting room at Eve or Maestro

I'd also like to try somewhere we haven't been so that rules out Bucks, Ceiba, DC Coast, Ten Penh etc...

Corduroy is closed - how dare Tom Power take some time off to relax and rejuvenate :P

I was thinking Firefly or Komi, neither of which I've had dinner at, or maybe Palena, which we have somehow contrived to miss

any thoughts/suggestions from youse guys?

speaking of birthdays, I have one next week and my darling wife has given me my choice of restauants to choose from (within reason, anniversary is in Sept so that when we really splurge) so no tasting room at Eve or Maestro

I was thinking Firefly or Komi, neither of which I've had dinner at, or maybe Palena, which we have somehow contrived to miss

any thoughts/suggestions from youse guys?

Komi - only since it's the only one of the three restaurants that you've listed that doesn't have a bar to sit at, i.e. you can always enjoy Firefly or Palena by yourself if your wife doesn't go out with you to dinner that often. But you really can't lose with any of the three.

If there is truth to the reports that La Casona is closing after Friday, is anyone interested in making a run up there with me and the Mrs. on Friday for HH, for dinner, some great sangria and supposedly some super music? I'm ready to unload my Nationals/Cards tix if it really is closing. I'll try to call them tomorrow to confirm. It's cheap 'n tastee! Anybody?

The music at La Casona is from 7-930, so I think our 6:30 arrival time is probably best. I may try to swing by earlier to be safe. But note to whoever arrives first: Unless others chime in with interest, we'll need a table for 8. Make sure that the seat with the biggest glass is saved for Crackers. :P

Edited by CrescentFresh

I predict an early tsunami at the Firefly wined down happy hour this evening, with the tide receding to Las Casonas for a belt loosening exercise. Spanish whites at FF followed by a platter of smothered pork chops at LC. I think I'll stick with beer at Las Casonas; last time, the margaritas just didn't do it for me. But I have been known to change my mind.

The music at La Casona is from 7-930, so I think our 6:30 arrival time is probably best.  I may try to swing by earlier to be safe.  But note to whoever arrives first:  Unless others chime in with interest, we'll need a table for 8.  Make sure that the seat with the biggest glass is saved for Crackers.   :wub:

Since this is their last day in business, aren't we obligated to help empty all the bottles before we leave? :P Edited by crackers

I'll be starting off my night at Cafe Tabaq so if any of y'all are there, say hello. I'm wearing a blue top and white pants served with a side of bad hair day. From there, we might make a return trip to Al Crostino if space is available.

I'll be starting off my night at Cafe Tabaq so if any of y'all are there, say hello.  I'm wearing a blue top and white pants served with a side of bad hair day.  From there, we might make a return trip to Al Crostino if space is available.

I'm wearing jeans. So you're gonna have to come see us at La Casona.

Whoever he is/was, I'm sure you're too good for him. :P

I'll be at Palena with a friend or two tomorrow night. Say hi if you're there or make a loud "To Rocks" toast so I can find you.

Edited by JLK

This is the second Tuesday in a row I have spent much of the day dreaming of Dino, fondly choosing cheeses and weighing Rosato vs. ESB, only to realize midafternoon that it's Tuesday and I'm out of luck.

I'm thinking it might be time for me to try Palena's chicken. Which means the day might be salvaged yet.

If anyone's at Palena post-6-ish, I'll be at the bar, reading an absurdly large and conspicuous book.

Jael

This is the second Tuesday in a row I have spent much of the day dreaming of Dino, fondly choosing cheeses and weighing Rosato vs. ESB, only to realize midafternoon that it's Tuesday and I'm out of luck.

I'm thinking it might be time for me to try Palena's chicken. Which means the day might be salvaged yet.

If anyone's at Palena post-6-ish, I'll be at the bar, reading an absurdly large and conspicuous book.

Jael

Starting on the 13th, this won't be an issue. Dino's will be open for dinner on Tuesday's.

We're thinking about checking Notti Bianche out tonight for our 2nd wedding anniversary. We're looking for something low-key, quiet, nothing too "over the top" or fancy, and it seems like it might fit the bill. If we go, I will report back...

Otherwise, maybe Palena cafe? We go all the time though, so it's not as "special."

Or, maybe Bistro Lepic, after Rocks' latest post on that place.

[edited to reflect the move to this thread and our latest thinking...]

Edited by DC in DC

I'm going to try to squeeze into a seat at the bar at Dino around 7:45, 8:00. Just one other friend and me. Anyone else headed that way?

I am thinking Palena or Dino for HH Eve tonight as it has been too long since I have been to either.

no one has a plan yet ? really surprising   :lol:

every night i am able to sneak out of the restaurant early there is never any action on this thread.

anyway, i am going to go to several bars for cocktails in the hopes of stealing staff, er, meeting new people. anyone up for a cocktail crawl?

Edited by starfish