On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Now that I've blown half of the time off the cancellation of my afternoon class had given me, on stuff for work and on certain Other Matters, I believe I shall investigate for myself this alleged decline of Oyamel.

Edited by shogun

We went to the concert at the Shrine last night. Just when people start understanding that they must turn off their cell phones at such an event, we are faced with crying babies. What moron would bring an infant to listen to an orchestra and chorus perform Beethoven's Ninth? Why, there were TWO of them. Execution is too good for some people. Lord, I'm crabby today.

We went to the concert at the Shrine last night.  Just when people start understanding that they must turn off their cell phones at such an event, we are faced with crying babies.  What moron would bring an infant to listen to an orchestra and chorus perform Beethoven's Ninth?  Why, there were TWO of them.  Execution is too good for some people.  Lord, I'm crabby today.

There is a famous recording of Verdi's Otello with the very well known tenor Jon Vickers, where he stops singing, turns to the audience and says "Shut up with your damned coughing!!". Priceless.

I had a really pleasant experience at Oya last night with the Sunset menu.

So much so that I'm going back tonight. Anyone want to join?

6:30pm

Sunset Menu

(3 courses for $30, wine + cocktail pairings available for $27, $38, or $40, depending on your choice of light, medium, or heavy)

A full report will follow tonight's meal, but some initial reactions: breathtaking space and soothing atmosphere, among the best speciality cocktails in DC (and I don't typically go for fru-fru drinks), attentive service, and food in the B+/B range. My portions weren't nearly as small as others have made them sound.

Edited by LoganCircle