On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Taking my sister out to dinner for her birthday (which she so kindly reminded me of earlier this week since I had forgotten - bad brother!  bad bad brother!)  She wants to go for sushi at a place in Mclean called Tachibana.  Anyone know anything about it?

Yep. Whatcha wanna know?

Nab a seat at the tiny sushi bar in back if you can. This place also offers shabu-shabu which is uncommon for the area. Good but not earth-shattering quality. Pleasant atmosphere. They have a "sashimi lunch special" which is worth ordering carryout if you're in the area - they load you down with fish and it's only about $12 (get the osuimono soup rather than the miso for a change of pace with your lunch special (both are powdered)).

Cheers,

Rocks

Nab a seat at the tiny sushi bar in back if you can.  This place also offers shabu-shabu which is uncommon for the area.  Good but not earth-shattering quality.  Pleasant atmosphere.  They have a "sashimi lunch special" which is worth ordering carryout if you're in the area - they load you down with fish and it's only about $12 (get the osuimono soup rather than the miso for a change of pace with your lunch special (both are powdered)).

Cheers,

Rocks

Many thanks!

Firefly or Corduroy are the obvious first two choices unless someone wants to throw out someplace different.

either is fine with me - I'm assuming because they are hotel bars they'll be open thru the afternoon? (my benevolent employers may cut me loose a little earlier today)

Firefly or Corduroy are the obvious first two choices unless someone wants to throw out someplace different.

If I may suggest a New Year's Resolution for 2006, perhaps we could all agree to whim it at a new location for HH at least once a month or every other. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a regular haunt as much as the next Rockweiller (are we really calling ourselves dogs????), but there are tons of restaurants/bars to be explored in and around this city. Just a thought.

Happy Holidays to all!

If I may suggest a New Year's Resolution for 2006, perhaps we could all agree to whim it at a new location for HH at least once a month or every other.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a regular haunt as much as the next Rockweiller (are we really calling ourselves dogs????), but there are tons of restaurants/bars to be explored in and around this city.  Just a thought.

Happy Holidays to all!

That said, I would like to make a suggestion for someplace different this afternoon. The upstairs lounge at District Chophouse.

A variety of beers, a nice selection of booze (so Heather can get her gin fix!), and decent bar snacks, all in a comfy lounge atmosphere with pool tables. They usually have a couple of beer styles on special from 3-7pm.

That said, I would like to make a suggestion for someplace different this afternoon.  The upstairs lounge at District Chophouse.

A variety of beers, a nice selection of booze (so Heather can get her gin fix!), and decent bar snacks, all in a comfy lounge atmosphere with pool tables.  They usually have a couple of beer styles on special from 3-7pm.

Not sure if we have a critical mass for a get together today but I will swing by there at 3 for a beer (or more if I can find some Rockweilers)

How smoky is it up there?  Also, what's the parking situation.  I have to admitt one of the reasons I love Corduroy is that parking is never an issue.

Smoke can be hit or miss. I'm not a huge fan of overly smoky places, but I've had no problems at Chophouse. Parking, I'm unsure about as I take the subway there usually. I know they have valet parking.

I'll probably be there not later than 5. Earlier if I can swing it.

Mr. P, ol_ironstomach, and I are dining at Ray's the Steaks tonight. Our fourth member had to drop out, and no one else we know is free to take the spot. Hate to see that chair empty. Any Rockwellians care to join us? We're pretty laid back and friendly, but we do tend to go on about cars and driving and racing. But we can converse on other topics, too. ol_ironstomach is pretty cosmopolitan, actually.

First one to pm me wins. For the sake of the community, please don't post responses to this thread.

With Han Sung and Joung Kak under our belts, a half dozen of us in eastern Rockwellopolis are headed Friday evening at 8:15pm, to check out a Korean place in Glen Burnie that has no name. Well, it has a sign with Korean letters, but no translation or transliteration. Loosely translated, I'm told its name is "Shaking Duck Butt" and there's a neon sign that has...yes...a shaking duck butt. Cute!

I hope some of you will join us. PM if you need info. It's close to BWI airport at 7523 Ritchie Highway. Just south of where 648 (Baltimore Annapolis Blvd.) crosses Ritchie Highway, on the east side of the street. Cafe Amore is in the strip mall across the street.

Edited by crackers

I'm not sure the garganelli is on the menu anymore anyway. :)

Well, I was going to have dinner at Notte Bianchi and attend a vocal recital, but our cat has an abcess and has to go to the vet at 6pm.  So I will be sitting in the vet's office instead of hearing Bel Canto, and no garganelli for me.  :o

Loosely translated, I'm told its name is "Shaking Duck Butt" and there's a neon sign that has...yes...a shaking duck butt. Cute!

I can't make it tomorrow night (naturally) but I was thinking about stopping by on Saturday night since I have to be up in the Baltimore area anyway. If the Butt is worth it, let us know

:)

With Han Sung and Joung Kak under our belts, a half dozen of us in eastern Rockwellopolis are headed Friday evening at 8:15pm, to check out a Korean place in Glen Burnie that has no name. 

This is 10 minutes from my office, but you picked the night that I'm heading down to DC after work for the hockey game.

Let me know how it goes, as I'm on that street all the time. The Glen Burnie outpost of La Sirenita is just up the street, and I'm pretty much a regular at lunchtime...

Well it is about time for the first HH in 2006 and hillvalley suggested that we try new places instead of our usual haunts.  Who is in for Friday HH and where should we go?

Wherever it is, I'm there. I could use a couple of drinks tonight.