On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Sounds like a scenic trip. So when shall we go explore the menu? I'm fully booked most of next week, but am free this weekend. The +1 and I are hitting TemptAsian on Friday afternoon for an early dinner, but hey, I'd eat Chinese food every single day given the choice...

Sounds like a scenic trip. So when shall we go explore the menu? I'm fully booked most of next week, but am free this weekend. The +1 and I are hitting TemptAsian on Friday afternoon for an early dinner, but hey, I'd eat Chinese food every single day given the choice...

I might be able to pull off lunch this weekend if we can get critical mass...

Moved to the "on a whim" topic.

[it's okay if there's a flurry of planning activity on threads such as this - once critical mass becomes apparent, I'll simply move the planning postings to the "On A Whim" thread, so don't stress about where to put them too much.]

Oh, so you bought the mop at CVS today?

Yes, but the mop isn't made out of bamboo like I wanted and field mice were injured in its manufacturing. Gotta take it back; no mopping after all. Gotta new cell phone battery, though. Woo Hoo.

Edited by Meaghan

In Ancient times, there was a fire alarm in Master Ittei's apartment building.  Of this he said 'This is stupid. What the hell?'  Lord Naoshige commented "Let's go to a bar or something, and not stand around here outside in the cold like chumps."  It is so that they went to Oyamel for Margaritas with salt air.  The Way of the Samurai is one of not doing things like chumps.

I'm going to be there around 5:15, as will another Rockweiler.  I hope.

I work just a few blocks over, so I'll definitely be there. I just wanted to know when we were trying to meet up.

So, is there a secret handshake or something else we want to identify ourselves by? :lol:

Edited by Principia

I'll probably get there at about 5:15.   What's their HH specials?

According to their website (http://www.eatyourpizza.com):

$4.25 pizzas - One half of selected eight-inch pizzas

Antipasto plates - Your choice of three of our altre cose, small plate $6.95 and large plate $12.95

$3 selected draft beers - Fordham Helles Lager, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Jever Pilsener

$3 selected bottled beers - Corona, Moretti Lager, Moretti La Rossa, Amstel Light, Miller Lite

Chimay on tap

-----

I would imagine this may be slightly different in the Birreria - additional drinks specials or somethin'.

Edited by Principia

I'll probably get there at about 5:15.  What's their HH specials?

Yeah, I have no idea what the specials are, aside from clues in Principia's post. I'll probably barely make it for 6:30 anyway. It's kind of a walk from here (though there is that Dupont bus...)

There's that cushy Circulator bus now, if you're anywhere near K Street. It picks up at many of the Metrobus stops along the way. Any of the 30 buses would also take you there from the Farragut Square area, I Street.

(Or just plug in the address at wmata.com on the Ride Guide and it'll make suggestions. Cabs always seem expensive to me when there's a bus line so close by.)

There's that cushy Circulator bus now, if you're anywhere near K Street. It picks up at many of the Metrobus stops along the way. Any of the 30 buses would also take you there from the Farragut Square area, I Street.

(Or just plug in the address at wmata.com on the Ride Guide and it'll make suggestions. Cabs always seem expensive to me when there's a bus line so close by.)

clickity ------> The circulator bus Edited by crackers

According to their website (http://www.eatyourpizza.com):

$4.25 pizzas - One half of selected eight-inch pizzas

Antipasto plates - Your choice of three of our altre cose, small plate $6.95 and large plate $12.95

$3 selected draft beers - Fordham Helles Lager, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Jever Pilsener

$3 selected bottled beers - Corona, Moretti Lager, Moretti La Rossa, Amstel Light, Miller Lite

Chimay on tap

-----

I would imagine this may be slightly different in the Birreria - additional drinks specials or somethin'.

This is something that may need a nice discussion between parties of the first part and parties of the second part to ensure that the downstairs populace is equally graced with deal worthy of our presence. $3 Corona, Amstel, Moretti and Miller is about as exciting as that thing guys are supposed to start having when they turn 40. I'll stick with the ale, thank you.