On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

We have a dinner res there tonight, so a drink or two before dinner works for me.  Any recs on what to get?  (Although I will read the CB thread).

As I have mentioned upthread, the wild mushroom salad. It's delicious.

I'll be there by 5:30. Hopefully with a martini in hand.

Edited by Heather

I tried and failed to work in a visit on Friday using the old "we'll go if there's a parking space out frount" ploy with my husband. Alas, it was 7 by the time we drove past and not a parking space in sight--or a seat from the looks of the place.

Toyed with going on Saturday early during the Redskins came but cooked instead.

Wondering if I can fit a trip in tonight or tomorrow....

Thursday's out for me (effing meetings). DanielK, still want to meet tomorrow at 11:30

We're on, and Porcupine said she'd join as well.

That's lunch Tuesday at Incas Empire, 1350 Rockville Pike, for those that are confused by the influx of unlabeled posts. All are welcome...

I just saw Mr. Monis at Greenberry's, looking a bit haggard and quite sexy I might add, and he confirms this hope for Tuesday--not that I am a reliable source for dates of openings.

In all seriousness, are you sure it wasn't me you just saw at Greenberry's, looking more-than-a-bit haggard and not-quite-so sexy as Johnny Makes-Us-Moan?

Considering I ran into him at yet another restaurant earlier this week, this is becoming troubling...

I (and my two usual dining companions...okay, one is my wife) will be at Majestic Cafe next Saturday night for our usual Saturday night out nosh...if you'd like to join us, we tend to eat dinner rather early (around 6:30 or so) so that we have time to do other things afterwards..>(digest good food, let the wine do it's work)...either ask Joe the Maitre'd or any of the waitstaff for Ken, Mark and Yoon-Hee or look for the white guy, the black guy and the Asian lady...(her description, not mine).

PS: we're usually either at table 27 (right by the kitchen) or one of the booths...we prefer table 27 because we can watch the house.

Edited by Escoffier

I could not take Friday (Lee-Jackson Day here in Virginia) off and now I need to find a special place to celebrate the Glory of the Confederacy and Her First Sons and Her Fallen Heroes.  Any recommendations for a restaurant that captures the special spirit and beliefs of the time, perhaps with a special tasting menu and post-prandial wood-shed recreations? 

Of course, I am trying to avoid any "non-native" restaurants.  Another thing--I am looking for Monday, which is the only night I have free, so I am hoping to avoid any reminder of that "other" day, so cleverly and deviously timed to interfere with our Day of Honor.

Thanks!

The Dixie Pig would have been perfect, but there is now a CVS where it used to be. But could I suggest the Crystal City Restaurant instead?

I probably would be better off at the gym, but what I feel like is some food (Palena?) and/or a good glass of wine.   :)

it wouldn't take much arm twisting to get me to palena tonight, but i could not get there until after 8pm.

Edited by starfish

it wouldn't take much arm twisting to get me to palena tonight, but i could not get there until after 8pm.

My plan is to be there tomorrow night so that I can sample the chicken before I make my run in the chicken thread. Anyone else?