On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Monday night and a girl's thoughts turn to Palena. 

We'll be there around 7.  I'm wearing a bright blue polo.  No idea what Mr. BLB will be wearing.

Jennifer

Hmm, I was just thinking about that too. Does that make me a girl?

it's like 2 doors down from Heritage India.
That's a start. Is Heritage India two doors down from any particular Metro stop? <_<

ETA: OOooh....yeah, ok. No Metro but there's a bus. It's kind of near the Whole Foods sort of, right? Thanks, Bourbon thread!

THERE IS A FIRE NEAR M STREET AT WISCONSIN. PART OF M STREET IS CLOSED.

(This will affect the #30 buses going up Wisconsin for those of you thinking of going to Bourbon in Glover Park for HH, as well as anyone planning on going to or through Georgetown. You need to tune into news before heading out.)

THERE IS A FIRE NEAR M STREET AT WISCONSIN.  PART OF M STREET IS CLOSED.

(This will affect the #30 buses going up Wisconsin for those of you thinking of going to Bourbon in Glover Park for HH, as well as anyone planning on going to or through Georgetown.  You need to tune into news before heading out.)

Take the Metro to Friendship Heights and catch one of the busses headed south.

Any idea what's on fire? I hope not Nathan's. I used to love drinking at Nathan's. One of the few bars with a selection of Rye's.

Just heard that the fire department is starting to clear its equipment. This may be all over by the time everybody starts heading home, but traffic may be a mess for awhile. I don't know what burned.

Hope y'all can help- I need a few quick suggestions for outdoor dining in the Tyson's area for tonight!  I don't know the area well- is there anything good?  And not too pricey? 

THANKS!!!

I could be wrong, but I believe there is patio dining at the Tyson's location of Taste of Saigon. However, I've never eaten there, so I can't vouch for the food quality.

why is there never any action on this thread on the days when i am leaving the restaurant early?

is there some anti-industry conspiracy that suggests that only the late afternoon hours on friday are happy? :)

Uh, Danny? IT'S MONDAY. ;) For the 9 to 5 crowd, I don't think the timing is terribly conducive to merry-making.

So, a suggestion for you: Don't wait for someone else--pick a place you want to go to and throw it out there. You might get some action. <_<

Uh, Danny?  IT'S MONDAY.  ;)   For the 9 to 5 crowd, I don't think the timing is terribly conducive to merry-making.

So, a suggestion for you:  Don't wait for someone else--pick a place you want to go to and throw it out there.  You might get some action. <_<

i know it is monday and that you morning-dwellers don't make happy hour too frequently on this dread day. i was just having a little fun with the 9-5'ers.

I just thoroughly enjoyed myself disconnecting my "high-speed" cable modem for the final time, stomping on it, smashing it against the ground multiple times, and then placing it on concrete and having at it with a hammer.

Yeah, okay, so now I'm relegated to dial-up, but I guarantee I just had a more enjoyable and rewarding five minutes than you did.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Was wondering if anyone is interested in meeting after work on Friday and I don't even care if it's Irish or not. Just looking for an excuse to get together. Unfortunately for some obscene reason, I cannot access this website from my government computer during working hours (perhaps Big Brother is watching me), so I can't do anything on the spur of the moment. <_<

I WHIMMED TONIGHT, BUT HAD NO ACCESS TO A COMPUTER. ( wENT TO CIRCLE BISTRO AND FIREFLY). nOTE: WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING SINCE 5PM, YOU WIND UP, WELL, INTOXICATED, AND UNABLE TO CANCEL THE CAPS LOCK FUNCTION AND UNABLE TO POST THE POST IN THE POSTING WHILE DRUNK THREAD. THAT'S LIFE IN THE BIG CITY.

(TO DECREASE (BUT NOT ELIMINATE) THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THIS POST WILL BE DELETED , I'LL ADD THAT THE RED SNAPPER AT FIREFLY WAS DELICIOUS.

I WHIMMED TONIGHT, BUT HAD NO ACCESS TO A COMPUTER.  (  wENT TO CIRCLE BISTRO AND FIREFLY).  nOTE:  WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING SINCE 5PM, YOU WIND UP, WELL, INTOXICATED, AND UNABLE TO CANCEL THE CAPS LOCK FUNCTION AND UNABLE TO POST THE POST IN THE POSTING WHILE DRUNK THREAD.    THAT'S LIFE IN THE BIG CITY.

(TO DECREASE (BUT NOT ELIMINATE) THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THIS POST WILL BE DELETED , I'LL ADD THAT THE RED SNAPPER AT FIREFLY WAS DELICIOUS.

Now THAT is whimming. Kudos to you, Monique. And rest assured that this post will not be deleted.

<_<;)

I WHIMMED TONIGHT, BUT HAD NO ACCESS TO A COMPUTER.  (  wENT TO CIRCLE BISTRO AND FIREFLY).  nOTE:  WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING SINCE 5PM, YOU WIND UP, WELL, INTOXICATED, AND UNABLE TO CANCEL THE CAPS LOCK FUNCTION AND UNABLE TO POST THE POST IN THE POSTING WHILE DRUNK THREAD.    THAT'S LIFE IN THE BIG CITY.

Damn. Wild Thing. You make everything groovy. <_<

That's a big 10-4.  We did 120 covers last night at Rustico (very smoothly, I may add) and seriously depleted our prepped food items.  We will be prepping all day today to get ready for Sunday's big opening night, but can still offer salads and pizzas for those who were already counting on coming in tonight.

I hope some of you still plan on popping in for a beer, at least!

What time are you openng on Sunday night? Grover and I are planning on comng by and we like to eat early and Rustico sounds like a proper warm up for Sopranos...

There is offline discussion of a possible embryonic whim at Rustico (aka "Rusty's) tomorrow after work.

That's ironic. (Alanis Morisette, take note). I'll finally be downtown on a Friday afternoon and there's a happy hour in Alexandria!