On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Sorry what is FF? What deals do they have for happy hour?

I'm a big fan of Recession's. 2.50 appetizers- though most of the foodies here wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole, the mozerella sticks are good. Also 2.50 "King Kong" miller lights. I don't know how big a king kong is, but it is big, I would guess 32 oz.

ed

Sorry what is FF?  What deals do they have for happy hour?

I'm a big fan of Recession's.  2.50 appetizers- though most of the foodies here wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole, the mozerella sticks are good.  Also 2.50 "King Kong" miller lights.  I don't know how big a king kong is, but it is big, I would guess 32 oz.

ed

Either French Fry or Firefly, you get to guess. One has a "wined down happy hour" the other does not.

Sorry what is FF?  What deals do they have for happy hour?

I'm a big fan of Recession's.  2.50 appetizers- though most of the foodies here wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole, the mozerella sticks are good.  Also 2.50 "King Kong" miller lights.  I don't know how big a king kong is, but it is big, I would guess 32 oz.

ed

FF is Firefly on New Hampshire Avenue, below Dupont Circle and north of M Street in the Hotel Madera. There is usually an interesting and ever-changing selection of wines by the glass, which run $7-10 each, IIRC. There are also ever-changing cocktails available, too. I don't believe there are any Happy Hour deals on food. My husband thinks the chef puts crack in the fried oysters ($14+). <_<

I'm ready for a Happy Hour tomorrow, if I can figure out where the general consensus is, if any, I'll be there with my better half.

oops, I forget George Mason is playing tomorrow night. I'm not sure better half will allow me to TiVo it. I might have to go solo.

There is offline discussion of a possible embryonic whim at Rustico (aka "Rusty's) tomorrow after work.

Just a heads-up for those planning to head over this evening. We stopped in at Rustico for a drink last night around 7pm. Parking was UNREAL - every single space in all of the back lots was taken. We wound up going for street parking across Slater's Lane. I can't believe there were that many people, in that many cars, all in Rustico - it was crowded, but....wow.

We'll be there for dinner tonight, so may head over early and look for some of you lot <_<

We'll be there for dinner tonight, so may head over early and look for some of you lot <_<

I'm going to head over for happy hour to check it out. MelGold has assured me the TVs will be tuned to basketball and there may well be some special dr.com beer and/or sangria to sample! (And maybe she can comandeer us a table?)

If anybody would like a ride from/to the Braddock Rd. metro station - PM me.

Just a heads-up for those planning to head over this evening.  We stopped in at Rustico for a drink last night around 7pm.  Parking was UNREAL - every single space in all of the back lots was taken.  We wound up going for street parking across Slater's Lane.  I can't believe there were that many people, in that many cars, all in Rustico - it was crowded, but....wow.

Grover and I will be there around 6:30 with one of our neighbors and the lady from whom we bought our house. We'll be looking for you.

Warm, healthy, radiating thoughts are going out tonight and we are counting the days until we know that they worked.

Thanks! Once I am off the diet there will be a need for biggiest rowdiest whim I can think of... " 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! "

I'm going to try to grab lunch at the Bar at Eve on Thursday.  I'll be the woman with the really big baseball book muttering to herself about cheap starting pitching...

Yes, Opening Day is just around the corner--literally. GO NATS!

Think I'll snag some type of legacy libation at Notti B tomorrow. 6-ish sounds about right.

Does NB have any outside seating? With this weather today wouldn't it be great to sit outside for HH? Any interest in finding a spot with outdoor seating?