On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Tomorrow I'll be initiating a dear friend in the ways of the Lickety-Split Lunch. We'll be at Restaurant Eve at about noonish.

I will teach her the rules of Lickety-Split Lunch Club. . . .

(Must be why there's so much room in the bar at lunchtime.)

I know this is kind of last-minute, but I was wondering if anyone would like to join me at 3-ish tomorrow (Friday, May 12) for some half-price tapas (and maybe sangria) in the bar area at Taberna del Alabardero. A PM is OK but not necessary; you can just show up and find me. I look like my avatar.

I also am up for companions for lunch on Monday (May 15) at Restaurant Eve. Please send a PM for this one by Saturday, as I'll need to make a reservation.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of the DC crowd (or fellow visitors).

Wow, never realized you never bought pre-packaged sauce before.

Not as long as I have been living with him (20+ years). He sneered at me the one time I did, and I was only going to serve it to the kids. Waitman is kind of an opinionated fanatic about his sauces (and nothing else of course) :) .

eta:whoa how'd this end up on "whim'? I thought I was on Mulino?

Sure is quiet today. I go into the kitchen, work for a few hours, logon in the office expecting the high quality entertainment I've come to expect from you people and what do I get? A link to an article about bleu cheese perfume?

I want my membership fees back!

:)

"Ignorance of the happy hour specials does not excuse..." :)

BP would not be unreasonable. I meant somewhere where I wouldn't feel bad about not having worn nicer pants today.

ETA: You know, in the 'magnitude of tab as a function of caliber of pants' curve

ETAA: Integrating the pants curve for my particular pants-state, I will be spending exactly $23.46645155555 on beer tonight at BP. Math, yeah!!

Whimmers:

What are you doing Tuesday night? Come to Vidalia for happy hour! Raconteur extraordinaire, owner's husband, and marketing manager James Browne of Hartenberg Estate in Stellenbosch will be conducting a happy hour tasting (with RJ's yummy bar snacks). Rich and I will be there as well--a whole panoply of schnooks!

We'll be tasting the 2004 Hartenberg riesling and chardonnay, the 2000 cabernet and (sneak preview) the 2003 shiraz. In addition, Vidalia offers many happy hour specials, vinous and otherwise. So come on down and see us, 5:30 to 7PM (or so)!

Whimmers:

What are you doing Tuesday night?  Come to Vidalia for happy hour!  Raconteur extraordinaire, owner's husband, and marketing manager James Browne of Hartenberg Estate in Stellenbosch will be conducting a happy hour tasting (with RJ's yummy bar snacks).  Rich and I will be there as well--a whole panoply of schnooks! 

We'll be tasting the 2004 Hartenberg riesling and chardonnay, the 2000 cabernet and (sneak preview) the 2003 shiraz.  In addition, Vidalia offers many happy hour specials, vinous and otherwise.  So come on down and see us, 5:30 to 7PM (or so)!

Hmm, I was going to suggest going to Bistro Lepic's wine bar this week, but this sounds like it'd be a lot more fun.

Whimmers:

What are you doing Tuesday night? Come to Vidalia for happy hour! Raconteur extraordinaire, owner's husband, and marketing manager James Browne of Hartenberg Estate in Stellenbosch will be conducting a happy hour tasting (with RJ's yummy bar snacks). Rich and I will be there as well--a whole panoply of schnooks!

We'll be tasting the 2004 Hartenberg riesling and chardonnay, the 2000 cabernet and (sneak preview) the 2003 shiraz. In addition, Vidalia offers many happy hour specials, vinous and otherwise. So come on down and see us, 5:30 to 7PM (or so)!

So, who else is going?

Me!

We'll have a couple of (slightly) back vintages open as well--the 2001 shiraz (same as from the L'Acad event and the vintage currently on sale retail-wise) and the 2003 chardonnay, of which we have about 14 cases left. A chance to do some side-by-side comparison.

What to do? I'm torn. Brooklyn Brewery beer and cheese tasting at RFD or Vidalia? Maybe both??

Torn? :) Easy answer -- Vidalia. If I didn't have child care duties today...

PS -- I'm feeling especially unloved today. The header on my page says I have "-1 New Messages" :angry:

I'm thinking about stopping by Vidalia...

BUT FIRST - Lunch - Lickety-Split at Eve - around 11:45-12ish. Anyone care to join me?

I'm always up for the Lickety Split but (sigh) I can't go today. If you end up going another day this week, let me know!

I'm thinking about stopping by Vidalia...

BUT FIRST - Lunch - Lickety-Split at Eve - around 11:45-12ish. Anyone care to join me?

Funny, I was just about to post that ol_ironstomach and I might be there. Guess that's a yes.

ETA: save me a seat. Ol_ironstomach is out.

Erik-

Congratulations! It's wonderful to be able to share a place like Ray's with someone you love. Could you imagine if your fiance didn't care for Michael's chefing? I for one would ask for her ring back.

Good luck with the wedding planning. :)

I'm aiming to Lickety Split my lunch today, shooting for 11:35.

I'll be meeting (gasp) a non-DR.com friend for the Lickety Split lunch today so maybe we will see you, but I think we may miss you since we probably won't get there until about 12:30.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow after work. I'm thinking HH at FF. Is anyone else game? Perhaps we could persuade Wabeck to rummage around and find some good juice for the "wined down happy hour._

I am planning on being there, not that it helps to draw a crowd or anything.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow after work. I'm thinking HH at FF. Is anyone else game? Perhaps we could persuade Wabeck to rummage around and find some good juice for the "wined down happy hour._

Wabeck is going to the Zoo. But Wabeck will get some wine sorted out.

Wabeck is going to the Zoo. But Wabeck will get some wine sorted out.

anybody else going to zoofari tonight? notti bianche will be there serving something that tony told me about but don't remeber, and we will also be pouring "suco di vino".

I'm going to be in town on Thursday and will have about an hour to kill starting abound 4:45-ish. If anyone is up for hh I'll be at Corduroy. Despite Rocks' last post no one needs to buy me a drink, but some company would be nice.
If anybody's lookin' for somethin' doin' HH today... :)