On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Happy National Ice Cream Day, folks!

In Ocean City and all the land...

So, in celebration of Ronald Reagan's national day of ice cream, I'm going to make a point to eat some today. A nice cone that I will eat slowly and deliberately. I need about half the day to do some other crap, but after that, I will toss a coin (that has George Washington on it), do some tongue exercises and go! Anyone ?

Mr. P and I will be whimming a lickity split on the very early side Thursday, before heading out of town for the weekend. Come say hi and congratulate him on his new job. :unsure:

...is it really whimming if I announce it the night before?

Still a whim, I say!

After deliberating mightily this evening about what to do for lunch tomorrow, I have decided to Lickety Split as well! (OK, I'm in a rut.) I usually get there between 11:30 and 11:45, and sit at the near end of the bar. I'll be clutching my copy of The Omnivore's Dilemma.

See you there!

Mr. P and I will be whimming a lickity split on the very early side Thursday, before heading out of town for the weekend. Come say hi and congratulate him on his new job. :unsure:

...is it really whimming if I announce it the night before?

Congrats Mr P!

I can't make any of those, but I can offer up that a truck rolled over a half mile or so from my house earlier today, partially ejecting its cargo of 38,000 pounds of cheese.
What kind of cheese we talking here? Actually...can you HAVE 38,000 pounds of worthwhile highway cheese? Nevermind.

MDT: I'm sure Ms. Gold won't mind if I re-post her email here! :)

I thought you might all be interested in a fun promotion we're running at Rustico next week:

The Dogfish Head Days of Summer Are Here!

The Dogfish Head Days of Summer won't just be your run of the mill Pint Glass Giveaway Night!

From 7 to 10 PM on July 26th, Rustico will be the place to start (or add to) your Dogfish Head Pint Glass collection! For every Dogfish Head beer you buy that night in the bar only, you will be rewarded with a signature Dogfish Head pint glass (that's right, one glass for every DFH beer!).

In addition to our two regular Dogfish Head taps (60 Minute IPA and Indian Brown Ale), we'll be featuring two special taps of the coveted 120 Minute IPA and the rarely-seen Golden Shower Imperial Pilsner.

No reservations required - just show up on the designated DFH Wednesday! If you can't make it this month, mark your calendar for next month's Dogfish Head Days of Summer extended happy hour on Wednesday, August 23rd.

See you at the bar!

Rustico is located at 827 Slaters Lane in Alexandria (703.224.5051)

I was in Starbucks just now, and there was a group of about 15 French high school students. Poor kids....probably going to be crap by comparison.

Oh, yeah...I was only there to ask for directions for how to get away from there.

The bad news: My mid-afternoon Bethesda meeting has turned into a late afternoon meeting downtown, so I'm not sure if I'll make it to Joe's in time. I'll still try to make it though.

The good news: I have a meeting in Old Town tomorrow morning and will be stopping by Restaurant Eve for a Lickety Split lunch around noon or so.