On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Usually it is Read The Fucking Manual, or in this case Board.

Actually, I was trying to provide helpful suggestions, but didn't have time to finish the post: Raisika Tallula Firefly Mendocino :unsure:

(Actually, just being a pain in the ass here...)

She had Italian tonight. She wasn't in the mood for full-on French. I'm saving Restaurant Eve for a special occasion. Although your suggestions are all appreciated, I think I'll give Corduroy a shot. As one of the few threads with more posts than Ray's, it's gotta be good. :unsure:

She had Italian tonight. She wasn't in the mood for full-on French. I'm saving Restaurant Eve for a special occasion. Although your suggestions are all appreciated, I think I'll give Corduroy a shot. As one of the few threads with more posts than Ray's, it's gotta be good. :unsure:
You'll give Rissa a thrill: she loves to see a couple laughing together and having a great time. Right MKTYE?

Tomorrow is Legacy Libations at NB, right? Will anybody be around? I plan to be there from about 5 to 6, come hell or continuing high water.

My wife and I may be there - we're trying to decide between abstaining and hair of the dog.

Tomorrow is Legacy Libations at NB, right? Will anybody be around? I plan to be there from about 5 to 6, come hell or continuing high water.

Congrats on your rammy, Danny.

I'll stop by, ETA 6:00 (with dr.com picnic t-shirts for those who still have not claimed theirs).
Click here for more information. It is on the west lawn, is free, and a great way to enjoy a picnic and the NSO without the crowds.
Will Stevie Wonder be practicing with the NSO? I am planning to go on Tuesday for a picnic on the lawn before the concert, and staying to watch the fireworks. Maybe hit the Folklife Festival beforehand. Anybody interested in meeting up for the picnic part?

as i told everyone during the last legacy libation, the wines that i can sell at those prices have been completed depleted – i can justify to my bosses the selling of some wine at just over cost but selling it at a loss is a little tougher.

we still have legacy bourbon, and a couple of random spirits as well. all of our wine by the glass, and beer are 50% off. and their will be a sneak preview of a new wine (it will be debuting to the general public tomorrow) from our own jake parrot. it is a stunning rose of cabernet sauvignon from south africa. it will also be half off the glass price.

i look forward to seeing everyone tonight.

Sucks to be Argentinian about now.
Awwww. What a shame. :unsure:

On-topic-wise, does anyone happen to know if there's a tv over the bar at Guajillo (should one both wish to attend the flea market and keep half an eye on the Brazil-Ghana score)?

Awwww. What a shame. :unsure:

On-topic-wise, does anyone happen to know if there's a tv over the bar at Guajillo (should one both wish to attend the flea market and keep half an eye on the Brazil-Ghana score)?

That is what I want to know too!

You betcha. There was a mongo one there the last time I was there ( a week a go)... Very Springfield, USA in size (like, friggin' huge) and flat screen.

You betcha. There was a mongo one there the last time I was there ( a week a go)... Very Springfield, USA in size (like, friggin' huge) and flat screen.

But can you see it from the parking lot? :unsure:

I just checked - the game is on ESPN, not ABC, so bringing my portable TV won't help. If there's a WiFi connection available, and someone has a laptop, we can watch on ESPN360.

But can you see it from the parking lot? :unsure:

I just checked - the game is on ESPN, not ABC, so bringing my portable TV won't help. If there's a WiFi connection available, and someone has a laptop, we can watch on ESPN360.

Yeah, because it's too hard to do charity without watching tv or clicking on the internet at the same time. Maybe ABC will give you a free buzz to top it all off.

I can tell you the Brazil - Ghana score.....3 - 0.......Brazil - France, thats another matter though :unsure:

I plan on making tomorrow night (July 3rd) a night for ol' ebbitt oyster happy hour. plan on bringin a few friends too. I'll probably still be wearin a suit with a bunch of restaurant folk hoodlums. hope they will be open, someone pm me if it's gotta be somewhere else...

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.

I just want a ribeye with blue cheese some time in this decade. :unsure:

Two meanings have collided in one phrase here.

Originally the phrase was just 'a nod is as good as a wink' and was used to indicate that 'yes, I have taken your hint' - either a nod or a wink would have been sufficient to convey your meaning.

The blind horse came later as a jokey add-on as it wouldn't be aware of either nods or winks. If a blind horse can be a red herring, then this is the place.

and as far as I know, ML probably won't serve red herring...