On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Shorter version:

He tried to compose a seven-day, multi-media (for his time) work, involving music, dancers, acrobats, etc (who would be trained at a school in India), the performance of which would bring about the end of the world. He completed.....the overture.

You're referring to the Sushi Kappo Kawasaki story that we'll never get the rest of, right?

I'll probably be at work late-ish (i went out for lunch and then to the gym so i have gotten very little done), but I'm thinkin about getting a late dinner at the bar at Circle Bistro....probably like 8:30? Anybody else is welcome to join, just lemme know.

but maybe we should be thinking about a DR's holiday happy hour? Or maybe a DR's Hallowe'en happy hour? Come dressed as your favorite tart :)
I'd do it if I could come dressed as my favorite dr.com member(s). Now if I could just find my Hawaiian shirt, assless chaps and fedora...

Crescentfresh found a direct/express bus from Farragut Square (11Y to Mt. Vernon) that drops you off down the street from the restaurant.

11Y sounds nice, but it doesn't give the full view of how special a bus route it is. I prefer to call it the Rustico/Eamonn's Express -- Moving downtown office schlubs from pencil and paperwork to pizza and a pint (or fish n chips) takes but 15 minutes and $3.

I'll probably be at work late-ish (i went out for lunch and then to the gym so i have gotten very little done), but I'm thinkin about getting a late dinner at the bar at Circle Bistro....probably like 8:30? Anybody else is welcome to join, just lemme know.

I'd stop by and say "hi" but our dinner reservation is for 6:30--we may be gone by the time you arrive. This will be my first dinner at Circle Bistro. I really liked what Chef Cox prepared at the Farmers Market, and decided then it would be a great new place to go for our Anniversary dinner (Celebrating 20yrs!) :)

I'd stop by and say "hi" but our dinner reservation is for 6:30--we may be gone by the time you arrive. This will be my first dinner at Circle Bistro. I really liked what Chef Cox prepared at the Farmers Market, and decided then it would be a great new place to go for our Anniversary dinner (Celebrating 20yrs!) :)

Congratulations, Squids! The best is yet to come!

(I just celebrated 31 in September)

Some of us are headed over to try Bebo after work Friday evening. I'm not sure if they will have an "official" happy hour but we intend to spend a happy hour or two in the bar/lounge. Anybody else care to join us? There is a parking garage across the street that is allegedly free after 5pm, and it is very close to the Crystal City Metro station. PM me if you prefer.

[we need to get those yellow smiley face mylar balloons on a stick to bring to these things, to identify us in a crowd.]

Some of us are headed over to try Bebo after work Friday evening. I'm not sure if they will have an "official" happy hour but we intend to spend a happy hour or two in the bar/lounge. Anybody else care to join us? There is a parking garage across the street that is allegedly free after 5pm, and it is very close to the Crystal City Metro station. PM me if you prefer.

[we need to get those yellow smiley face mylar balloons on a stick to bring to these things, to identify us in a crowd.]

The parking garage is on the same side of the street as Bebo. If the restaurant is on your right then the parking garage is right before it.

Very interested, if the schedule allows. What time?

That was a most enjoyable three hours. JPW, xcanuck, Mrs. xcanuck, and I hung out and ate some delicious food. The biscuits were flaky and delicious, Devilishly good eggs were, well, devilishly good, and the hanger steak amazes me - the price could easily be jacked up by 25% and it would still be a good deal. Michael was grilling tonight and my steak was perfect. I think I ate more at RTC tonight than I have eaten all week and I am absolutely paying the price for it now.

Michael came out to say hi and gently admonished us for referring to him as the grill bitch.

ETA: Blake, it was great meeting you.

Ditto to what Heather said. Let's not forget BlakeG and Ms. S (sorry - forgot what your DR.com handle is!). It was good to have so many people from the board out there. Lisa and I revelled in the biscuits and scampi, then veal and hanger steak (agreed Heather - Michael could easily increase the price for something that delicious!), and finished off the evening with the glorious key lime pie.

I must say it was nice to see Michael actually sweating and dirty from working the grill! :) He was still the consumate host when he came out to say 'hi'. My veal was beyond perfect, thanks to him.

Tomorrow night is Restaurant Kolumbia, before heading out to watch the Tigers and Caps (on TV). Hope to see a few of y'all there enjoying Chef Jamie's creations.

The West Rockwellopolis contingent were about a dozen strong at the bar at Bebo tonight. We worked our way through a good bit of the bar menu and several entrees and generally had ourselves a mighty good time of it. The place was jumping - I think by 7:30pm the restaurant was full and a second layer of barflies was buzzing around behind us. Our bartendress, Stephanie, did an amazing job keeping up with us, despite being totally slammed; she stayed calm and upbeat the whole time.

If several people on this board are interested in "taking over" their bar on Friday night (as happened last Friday night (Crackers? Jacques?) my wife and I are probably in. I know I am guilty of having a bias but I really, really like this place and would feel very comfortable imbibing and eating there once or twice a month.

If several people on this board are interested in "taking over" their bar on Friday night (as happened last Friday night (Crackers? Jacques?) my wife and I are probably in. I know I am guilty of having a bias but I really, really like this place and would feel very comfortable imbibing and eating there once or twice a month.
I'm going to be out of town the rest of the week until then but am thinking this sounds good for Friday. I'd love to check this place out. I cant guarantee what Friday will be like, though. We're a maybe, if anyone's counting :)

I'm going to be out of town the rest of the week until then but am thinking this sounds good for Friday. I'd love to check this place out. I cant guarantee what Friday will be like, though. We're a maybe, if anyone's counting :)

Having now heard from several on the board that Friday may be a bad day the possible day for this week is tentatively Wednesday. Next week Friday would work really, really well for us. I am already walking, dieting and rationing wine in anticipation.

Well, perhaps not a strict rationing...

Edited by Joe H

Smuttynose Pint Night

Wednesday, October 25th

6 PM to 9 PM Bar at Rustico

In continuation of our pint night series, we bring you an evening of Smuttynose beers on tap in the bar.

As in the past, with each Smuttynose draft you purchase that night, you will receive a clean brewery pint glass to take home with you (while supplies last). We'll be featuring taps of the Big A IPA, Robust Porter and Oak Aged Double Bock from the Portsmouth, NH brewery along with a cask of their Pumpkin Ale on the beer engine. No reservations required...just stop by the bar!