On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Amazingly (or not), I was already planning on dropping in at RTB for a few minutes today on my way to give other people some of my money.

I'm jonesing for some biscuits.

Since last week fell through due to Peanut issues and Mrs JPW had shore leave last night and the fact that I'm jonesing even worse for some biscuits, I'll DEFINITELY be propping up the bar at Ray's tonight.

PS - Dan and crew only took 90 cents of my money.

Have I mentioned that we will be 1.5 miles from RTC? [/smug]

Seriously, are the bar tables reserved? Or can we just show up at 5:30 and grab one? We're moving today, and I am going to need a steak and a martini when we're done.

Heather, until they open the back room I believe the bar tables are reserved. Want me to save you a seat at the bar?

Don't we all. I'll be having one (or three) around 10 tonight, but not sure where: Bistro Bis, Sonoma, or the 600 at the Watergate, the latter of which is an option purely by vice of necessity.
I miss the Peacock Lounge. :)

I want a drink at a bar. Not a restaurant. Not a lounge. A bar.

The Red Lion.
Woooo!! Represent! Man I miss The Red Lion. My last week of work I was there every day for a burger and beer for lunch, the idea being to try all the burgers I had never had before. Was going to close out Friday with the burger that had scared the hell out of me for lo, the past six years or so, the Burl Ives, a double burger with a hot dog on it, but my department ended up doing a lunch thing at Legal Seafood so it was not to be.

I want a drink at a bar. Not a restaurant. Not a lounge. A bar.

Heather--

The chorus of a song lyric I wrote a few years back seems to fit your mood--

MAMA WANTS TO ROCK and roll

like a child

Dance with the wind

And go kinda wild

Sing to the moon

And burn out the lights

MAMA WANTS TO ROCK

Her baby tonight

© Z. Margolis

Woooo!! Represent! Man I miss The Red Lion.

Any time someone whims at the Red Lion, I am so there. I've started my drinking days at the Lion back in 1987. When I was, uh, somewhat short of the DC drinking age. I even brought my little brother along once, and he's 3 years younger than I.*

* If you work for the Police or ABC, this is all fiction.

After making inquiries I have ascertained that PS7 is open for biz this evening and I plan to go over and pester Danny "Starfish" Boylan. Anyone else?

You mean, Danny "Starfish" BIRTHDAY BOY Boylan. Hope you're actually not there tonight, Danny, or at least have some good post-work plans.

This has been a fun event at Rustico in the past...might be a good whim for those of you who are interested:

The Dogfish Head Days of Summer Are Coming to a Close!

The hot, humid days of Washington summer are quickly becoming a fond memory, and with them go the Dogfish Head Days of Summer. This Wednesday is your final chance to stock up on Dogfish Head pint glasses at Rustico. For those who have missed the previous pint nights: with every Dogfish Head beer you buy this Wednesday night in the bar only, you will be rewarded a signature Dogfish Head pint glass (supplies are limited).

In addition to our two regular Dogfish Head taps (60 Minute IPA and Pumpkin Ale), we'll be featuring a cask of the Pumpkin Ale for comparison as well as a cask of their Dry-Hopped Lawnmower Light. No reservations required - just show up on this Wednesday starting around 6 PM!

If you can't make it this month, mark your calendar for Rustico's next pint night featuring Smuttynose brews on Wednesday, October 25th & the Don't Hassel the Hof Brau Fest on October 18th (more info on this to come).

See you at the bar!

***Parking is available in the lot behind the shopping center but fills up fast! If parking in the neighborhoods surrounding the restaurant, please be courteous to our neighbors. Also consider taking public transportation. The closest metro is the Braddock Road stop on the Blue/Yellow lines, and the DASH bus stops in front of the restaurant.