On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

I was thinking of eating at Rays the Steaks (Arlington) tonight -- I am going to a home less than 5 minutes away at 7 PM. Anyone interested in joining me around/before 6? PM me as I'm not in the mood to eat alone and will have to find another, much less enojyable, meal otherwise. (Rays is open Tuesdays, correct?)

There are a couple of places that are on my must visit list that I have not yet been to. It seems with the number of places, both old and new, I never find the time to get there. I cannot be the only one, can I?

Mine are Maestro and Oohs and Aahs.

What are yours?

Mine are .... Oohs and Aahs.
Me too. Haven't been to a show at the 930 Club in many moons, but next time I know where I'm having dinner beforehand. Living and working in Virginia make it not so convenient to head to a lot of places that I would like to try. This is the reason for my not having been to places like 2 Amys, Dino, Birreria Paradiso, Komi (that will be remedied very soon), CityZen etc.

[On second thought, that excuse/reason doesn't really hold water - we regularly and frequently trek to Kotobuki .... but the parking is easier, the food is very reasonably priced, and parking is never a concern]

Not Enough Time:

Notti Bianchi (see you next week!)

Ray's the Classics Post-Preview (see you as soon as I call to make a reservation!)

Pizza/Birreria Paradiso (see you as soon as I lose some weight!)

2 Amy's (see you as soon as I lose some weight!)

Dino

Not Enough Money: (see you after I win the lottery!)

Maestro

Restaurant Eve Bistro/Tasting Room

The back of Palena

Citronelle (there back in college)

Komi

CityZen

Circle Bistro

Sushi-Ko

Vidalia

Cafe Atlantico Minibar

Tallula

Inn @ Little Washington

Marcel's, Taberna del Alabardero, Blue Duck Tavern, The Inn at Little Washington, The Inn at Easton, and Makoto.

I've also only eaten at the bar/lounges of CityZen, Citronelle, and Vidalia (before the remodel) but have been meaning to go for the full on experience.

Grover and I are heading to Abbott's in Mystic, CT tomorrow for lunch. We plan on being there around 12:30 or so. Anyone want to come along?

My gosh, I grew up in Noank (where abbots actually is) riding my bike there. The Abbots shack is hard to find, so tourists used to ask us directions, and we would get them lost on purpose! What rotten kids we were! BTW, my mother reminded me last weekend that their lobster rolls are made with butter, but she doesn't remember mayo. Anyway, I always preferred a bucket of steamers! Ahh, the nostalgia...

I'm so geeky about this that I actually keep a running list in my wallet that I update every few months.

Most of mine are fairly or very new:

Black's (tomorrow night)

Bazin's

Ray's the Classics

David Craig Bethesda

Urbana

Blue Duck Tavern

Indigo Landing

100 King

Fogo de Chao

Citronelle Bar

Dino

Colorado Kitchen (for dinner)

Is it any wonder I never feel like a regular anywhere?

I'm so geeky about this that I actually keep a running list in my wallet that I update every few months.

Most of mine are fairly or very new:

Black's (tomorrow night)

Bazin's

Ray's the Classics

David Craig Bethesda

Urbana

Blue Duck Tavern

Indigo Landing

100 King

Fogo de Chao

Citronelle Bar

Dino

Colorado Kitchen (for dinner)

Is it any wonder I never feel like a regular anywhere?

See you at Black's tonite (8pm).

My gosh, I grew up in Noank (where abbots actually is) riding my bike there. The Abbots shack is hard to find, so tourists used to ask us directions, and we would get them lost on purpose! What rotten kids we were! BTW, my mother reminded me last weekend that their lobster rolls are made with butter, but she doesn't remember mayo. Anyway, I always preferred a bucket of steamers! Ahh, the nostalgia...
For all of our efforts, we managed to get there too late for the lobster rolls...and then to top off the disappointment, Saturday dinner was industrial generic at a hotel banquet room...I could have stayed home and eaten just as badly and had money left over to get some good food.

I'm meeting someone tomorrow night for drinks somewhere near Tysons (Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, and Falls Church are all in play). I've been to eCities a long time ago and want to try to steer clear of the mall. Other than Cafe Deluxe or Colvin Run, any one have a suggestion of where to go?

Da Domenico

Cylde's

Ireland's Four Proviences

Mr Smith's

J Gilbert's

Palm

Vienna Inn (Dive Bar)

I'm meeting someone tomorrow night for drinks somewhere near Tysons (Vienna, McLean, Fairfax, and Falls Church are all in play). I've been to eCities a long time ago and want to try to steer clear of the mall. Other than Cafe Deluxe or Colvin Run, any one have a suggestion of where to go?

Mary's bachelorette party is on Saturday, Sept. 2. There are eleven ladies going out on the town. They will be going to some clubby places later in the evening. She and I have looked through the board and couldn't really decide on anything. The girls are looking for something fancy but not too fancy. So if anyone has an idea on where to eat dinner around 8:30 for 11 on a Saturday it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks . :)

Mary's bachelorette party is on Saturday, Sept. 2. There are eleven ladies going out on the town. They will be going to some clubby places later in the evening. She and I have looked through the board and couldn't really decide on anything. The girls are looking for something fancy but not too fancy. So if anyone has an idea on where to eat dinner around 8:30 for 11 on a Saturday it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks . :)
Raiski (sp?) has a beautiful private room that looks just big enough for a small party (I didn't count seats). It is such an elegant space, it could make for a fun evening.

Of course you have the Jaleo/Zatinya options.

What about the back room at Firefly?

I'm heading to the AMC Georgetown for a sneak preview screening tomorrow [Thursday] night. The screening is at 7, trying to get there at 6:30, so I'm planning on sucking down some $1 oysters and half-price drinks at the bar at Sea Catch around 5:30. Anyone else in?

P.S. The movie is INVINCIBLE. Send a PM if you want to go to the movie - I can bring up to 3 guests.

I'm heading to the AMC Georgetown for a sneak preview screening tomorrow [Thursday] night. The screening is at 7, trying to get there at 6:30, so I'm planning on sucking down some $1 oysters and half-price drinks at the bar at Sea Catch around 5:30. Anyone else in?

P.S. The movie is INVINCIBLE. Send a PM if you want to go to the movie - I can bring up to 3 guests.

I still have a couple of passes left for the screening tonight, if anyone wants...