On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Since I missed the Legacy Libations happy hour last Friday at Notti Bianche, I will be there tomorrow (Friday) and I will bring the dr.com picnic t-shirts for distribution to all you fashion forward types.

Well so much for branching out and trying new places. :)

GAH! I almost forgot! Is anybody doing anything to celebrate The Feast Of Maximum Occpuancy? Ignore the incorrect date information on that site: The Feast is today, as corroborated by the Worlds Most Accurate Source of Information, Wikipedia!

Probably going to hit up happy hour at Oyamel.

ETA: Oh yeah, Oyamel isn't open Mondays. Went to Bailey's. Merry Feast Of Maximum Occupancy to you and yours!

All this talk about good burgers has gotten me jonesin' for one.
If you can wait until tomorrow, we might be able to hit CB for the grand "Taste Off." (I'll be comparing the burger and fries from Corduroy, not having eaten at Palena.)

If you can wait until tomorrow, we might be able to hit CB for the grand "Taste Off." (I'll be comparing the burger and fries from Corduroy, not having eaten at Palena.)

CB is a little on the crowded side Friday afternoon's. Would be nice to catch the end of the second game though.

Anyone want to hook up for Poland-Ecuador? Else, I can hit a Friday evening happy hour, but I'd probably not be able to get into the city much before 6 (watching the match at home otherwise).

Not going to be able to watch the match, but will be heading into town for HH as usual. I will probably be hanging out at FF (Is it Rose fest time?) unless there are other suggestions.

I'm looking for an excuse to come downtown tonight...anyone free and peckish?

Jake, I didn't see your email til 9 pm. It looks like you went to Corduroy. I thought about Corduroy, but decided to whim it up at Viridian. This probably would have been a good decision if I had ordered the rib eye instead of a vegan entree -- two vidalia onions stuffed with pine nuts, mushrooms and quinoa. Don't get me wrong, the onions were good (and healthy), I just know that I would have found the rib eye more satisfying. Duh! Saturated fat. Yummy. Then, when I got home, I read your follow up post and said, "Damn. I should have gone to Corduroy." I could have hung out with Jake, and I just have so much fun at Corduroy's bar. You never know what astrologer or intellect or friendly Canadian you're going to meet.

Where are people watching the US game at noon? I'm looking for a place near 21st and L downtown for a beer, bite, and soccer... any ideas?

If you're willing to shlep a bit, I'm sure Sette'll have it (Conn and R). Lucky Bar probably will too, that's closer to you.

I'm considering checking out ESPN Zone, closer to my office and presumably they'll have it.

If you're willing to shlep a bit, I'm sure Sette'll have it (Conn and R). Lucky Bar probably will too, that's closer to you.

I'm considering checking out ESPN Zone, closer to my office and presumably they'll have it.

Thanks MBK :unsure:

Yeah, Lucky Bar is closer and with this weather, I may have to settle for that. But, I was hoping there'd be something even closer...

ESPN Zone will be perfect.

Yeah, it's a good thing I didn't go out to watch this one--I'd have been thrown out of a lot of pubs. Nothing broken here yet, but I'm going to need some cool-down socialization (and liquid). Seriously, anyone for GHA-ITA (root for a draw!) at 3?

Fine, you mutes. I'm going to Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse.

Or not. Despite what the website says, it was closed. Call ahead.

Went to the Four Courts in Courthouse instead. Crap result. Perhaps I'll try Notti Bianche next (Danny, 3PM ok?)