On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Since I had posted on DR that we were going to be there...

Good lord, never do that unless you're whimming. Are you prepared for third-class service? In Arlington, this is considered Giving Information To The Enemy, in much the same way that using one's turn signal is regarded in Boston.

Or, to paraphrase Boutros Boutros-Ghali, "the only way to deal with Landrum is stealth and sudden Armagnac."

If you're planning on getting stuck in a massive traffic jam Thursday morning that will prohibit your arrival to the office until after the USA-Ghana World Cup game ( :unsure: ), take a detour to Rustico or Evening Star Cafe. We're opening the bars at both restaurants at 9:30 to view the game. Rustico plans to offer a continental breakfast for those who need food to wash down their breakfast beer. Both kitchens will open for lunch service at 11:30.

Hope to see you there!

Gates also serves as a board member of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Buffett's investment conglomerate, and the men socialize regularly.

Can you imagine playing poker with these two?

DonRocks (wearing sunglasses, grinning, bead of perspiration dripping down cheek) - "My opening bid is twenty dollars."

Gates - "I'll see you and raise you two billion."

Buffett - "Call."

I tried N&B today for the first time. Awesome!!! The chips are on the specials board outside and also on a piece of paper inside. The mint sause and mago sause are very good. the hot sause is just that hot with little taste beyond that. With so many people in the area we should have a 10 dollar lunch bunch down here (17&I) for me.

Scott

Bit late to this, but is there such a lunch group now?

<edit> oops... sorry I don't think this was supposed to end up here.</edit>

Welcome! This is the right place but unfortunately I don't think there is any formal lunch group going on anymore. That being said, there is no reason why we shouldn't have one. We've had a lot of talk lately about all the different lunch places downtown. Keep an eye on the Gallileo Grill thread. There are often impromptu meet ups there. Plus, once you get to know us by face there is no telling who you will run into while waiting in line.

Apologies for off-topic [Don, please delete tonight], but does anyone out there have first hand experience with George Washington Parkway today? With respect to flooding, that is. There various internet/radio/xm radio sources are not very helpful. I need to get from the American Legion Bridge to Alexandria this evening. Am I screwed? Please pm rather than posting here. Thanks!

Apologies for off-topic [Don, please delete tonight], but does anyone out there have first hand experience with George Washington Parkway today? With respect to flooding, that is. There various internet/radio/xm radio sources are not very helpful. I need to get from the American Legion Bridge to Alexandria this evening. Am I screwed? Please pm rather than posting here. Thanks!
Have you checked WTOP? I know that isn't all that helpful but they are the only resource I have found helpful at all during the Deluge '06.

wtop.com

oops I didn't read too carefully. hope it helps though.

The only spot where historicallyl there has been a problem is where the parkway goes under 395, it is a very low place. You might try swinging over to Rt. 110 at Roslyn and go around it. But there is another low spot on Rt. 110 before the Memorial bridge overpass. I took the parkway home from work last night and it was fine between Memorial Bridge and Old Town. I don't think you should have any problems with the parkway from the beltway down to Roslyn.

Firkin Thursday's happening tonight at Vermilion (1120 King Street). We're tapping a firkin of Clipper City Golden Ale. Keg taps at or around 6 PM. The kitchen will be offering a few specials at the bar in addition to the lounge menu for those who wish to balance the hops with food.

Anyone care to join me?

I'm taking my fiancee out on a date tomorrow night. Where should we go that's more expensive than Ray's but less expensive than Maestro, and where we can still get reservations?

And... go!

You want great food I suppose so go to Vidalia. According to opentable there are tables...