What Are You Eating Right Now?

Heather

Sake sashimi, spicy tuna maki, California maki.

Tempranillo.

When I'm staring down several more hours of work? Yeah, I admit it; sushi is my real comfort food.

ETA: Working at home. Wine may be good for the heart, but I still think drinking in-office would be frowned upon by the cardiologists. :(

Defrosted a container of pasta fagioli with lima beans. It was the last one :( .

What goes up the chimney?

I defrosted a small package of beef bones and scraps (Smith Meadows sells them) yesterday to make less than a quart of roasted beef stock.

This was for the last of the fresh cranberry beans and some braised Tuscan kale that I froze together. They've been integrated to make minestrone (potato vs. pasta).

Kit-Kat bars. Way too many.

There are still a few Milk Duds left in the big box I nearly polished off yesterday. Thus far, I have been able to refrain. I hope enough kids come by for the candy we have to give out, because I don't like keeping much of that around.

Chicken burrito bowl from Chipotle -- I'm sick with a bad cold and don't feel like cooking or going out -- husband went out for carryout. Haven't had that in about 6 months -- amazingly tasty. Also, mini M&Ms stolen from the giant bowl of treats at the front door waiting for the trick or treaters. May they please take the rest!

Clean out the fridge dish: penne tossed with the last of Marcella Hazan's onion spaghetti sauce (basically French onion soup without the broth and heavenly when you use a mandoline to caramelize wispy strands), some chopped, sautéed spinach, crispy bits of pancetta. Bit of cream to bind. Black pepper. Parmesan.

Winter Tomato Soup, leftover from last night's dinner, recipe courtesy of Bittman's How To Cook Everything Vegetarian. Accompanied by an also-leftover salad of red leaf lettuce, sliced button mushrooms, toasted almond slivers, and a quickly assembled pomegranate/red wine vinaigrette.

(dried tomatoes add so much depth to this soup)

(hardly feels like seasonal cheating)

post-5654-126323081762_thumb.jpg