What Are You Eating Right Now?

Heather

My love of corn on the cob and a geographical sense of optimism spurred me on to buy sweet white corn from a NJ farmers market stand today. Up north, the corn's sweet, plump and juicy. I'm glad I got six to savor and linger over.

With remnants in my teeth, I say, good-bye 'til next year, my sweet little bundle of kernals.

English breakfast tea w milk, yesterday's cut up fruit and cucumber and a handful of Marcona almonds after a very late lunch:

Funghi in umido
Pumpkin polenta w onions and thyme
Sautéed Russian kale
Mushrooms: chanterelles, pioppini and oyster in a stew (Trentino Alto Adige) that is finished w milk
Oven-cooked polenta inspired by recipe in the cookbook put together by founders of the Edible magazines; the original is for grits w brown butter

Cheese curds that have lost their "squeak" and a shelf-stable meat product.

This is what happens when you fail to pack travel food and wind up in a Wisconsin airport on layover.

The General Mitchell (MKE) provides lovely refuel station at Alterra Coffee. Sorry to hear.

Shame on me: I am eating a frozen, microwaved: Amy's Brown Rice and Vegetable Bowl. Husband is out-ot-town, don't feel like cooking. I may follow this up later this evening with an Amy's frozen Pesto Pizza. Yes, it's that kind of a day.

Don't beat yourself up. I'm currently eating Wheat Thins dipped in the peanut butter jar--ostensibly because I'm moving tomorrow and don't want to dirty any dishes, but, yeah right.

Don't beat yourself up. I'm currently eating Wheat Thins dipped in the peanut butter jar--ostensibly because I'm moving tomorrow and don't want to dirty any dishes, but, yeah right.

Thanks for the moral support and good luck with the move. Hope it goes smoothly! Pun intended.

I am eating an ad-libbed riff on my mom's very 1950's chicken noodle soup recipe. Her recipe requires the spice ball from a cup-of-soup package but I bought the wrong kind at the store so there went the salt, err, I mean spices. So, I sauteed a very small onion sliced thinly and a carrot in a bit of canola oil, added "free-range organic" premade chicken stock and a can of good ol' campbell's tomato soup with a healthy dose of sirachha. once it was all boiling and the veggies were soft I threw in a generous amount of egg noodles. Patience... eating. My sinuses feel better all ready. :)

(also had a good old fashion grilled cheese sandwich with american cheese and butter... comfort foods are us today)

Shame on me: I am eating a frozen, microwaved: Amy's Brown Rice and Vegetable Bowl. Husband is out-ot-town, don't feel like cooking. I may follow this up later this evening with an Amy's frozen Pesto Pizza. Yes, it's that kind of a day.

I second the not beating yourself up. I consider the Amy's organic mac 'n cheese an appropriate addition to any gourmet meal that includes steak, assuming the mac 'n cheese has at least been finished in the oven so it's nice and brown on top. :)

No longer eating, but I had to share b/c I know there are some who will appreciate - tonight was (finally) Zuni roast chicken for the first time. I was worried b/c my bird was a little big, but figured it would be okay since it was Polyface. It lived up to the hype! Turnips roasted in the pan and leftover greens with bacon and a glass of cab finished off hte meal. Yum.

Haven't actually put the food away yet, thinking I might go grab a nibble or two...

Any guess?

post-6732-032388600 1289650100_thumb.jpg

A horny hexapalegic octopus?

(Me taking a Rorschach test is not unlike Gilbert Gottfried telling The Aristrocrats.)

Me, I just had an awesome sandwich: Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam cheese, brought up to room temperature, and slathered between a toasted baguette from the underrated Bread House (formerly known as Baguette Republic; originally known as Bread House; bakery and wholesale operation based in Sterling) in Falls Church.

Cheers,

Rocks