What Are You Eating Right Now?

Heather

I love boiled peanuts! Where did you get raw peanuts around here? And how do you prepare your's?
I picked up a bag of raw peanuts a few months ago in S.C. on my way back to D.C. Was craving boiled peanuts this morning so I threw a pot on the stove with water and (too much) salt, added the peanuts and boiled away for hours. At some point I will make some using star anise and the other spices Joe's uses but for now I am content with good ol' fashioned boiled peanuts.

One of my favorite "morning after" meals - reduced sodium ramen noodles with a tin of turkey, plus additional sriracha, spicy szechuan sauce, garlic powder, red pepper, and Chinese five spice. Hot enough to make my eyes water and sweat out some of the alcohol and nicotine from last night. :lol:

the Popeye's on East Colfax in Denver has a "Tuesday Special" of a thigh and a leg for 99 cents.

So if one were an occasional glutton, one might be working one's way through 2 thighs and 2 legs, spicy, for a whopping $2.13, tax included, right this minute.

I can't make it myself for that price.

Is this a national promo? i.e., do you have it in Washington? If so I highly recommend that you, in the words of Smokey, "Take advantage, man; take advantage."

From a visit to Old Town last weekend-Eve's sourdough bread (from Grape+Bean), toasted and topped with campari tomatoes (Costco), fresh basil and Blue Ridge mozzarella. Ran it under the broiler until melted and lightly golden and gave it a drizzle of olive oil before eating.

A truly great breakfast :P