What Are You Eating Right Now?

Heather

Leftover Roasted Pork Tacos w/ Mole. I'm generally no fan of Emeril. but this recipe is one of my very most favorite.

I feel like good spots to grab carnitas are really lacking around here. Nacionale is too inconsistent - often cold and dry; Oyamel just doesn't count for what I'm looking for. Am I missing somewhere?

Pink Lady apple slices & black tea w milk

after a frittata inspired by Alton Brown: mustard greens, onion, Royal Trumpet and cremini mushrooms w aged Piedmont cheese.

Struan toast on side

I highly recommend a line of kitchen ware put out under the name of Marco Pierre White. The small teflon sauté pan w heavy copper-lined bottom and comfortable, thick handle that I picked up discounted at Marshall's in Mt. Pleasant is great.

Chocolate Yam Yam-one of the best mass produced chocolate and cookie combination's I have had.

Nonsense. Look at the ingredients. You'll see that these cookies contain (among other nasty things) CHEDDAR CHEESE, and I seriously doubt it's from Mrs. Montgomery. I'm not saying "it can't get any worse," because it can surely get a lot worse ... but "one of the best" mass-produced chocolate and cookie combinations?! Do you think they're better than LU?

Nonsense. Look at the ingredients. You'll see that these cookies contain (among other nasty things) CHEDDAR CHEESE, and I seriously doubt it's from Mrs. Montgomery. I'm not saying "it can't get any worse," because it can surely get a lot worse ... but "one of the best" mass-produced chocolate and cookie combinations?! Do you think they're better than LU?

Yes-I like the shape of the cookie and getting to choose how much chocolate goes on better. And the way they taste. Don't care what's in them-just care that they taste good.

Sometimes you just have to not care and enjoy.

I eat blue cheese on toasted sunflower-flax bread for breakfast several times a week. Sometimes with a pear or a tomato, but most often not. Accompanied by cappuccino made with Peet's Italian roast. I like stilton-type blues, my favorite being Cashel blue, which I have recently found at Costco, of all places.

I eat blue cheese on toasted sunflower-flax bread for breakfast several times a week. Sometimes with a pear or a tomato, but most often not. Accompanied by cappuccino made with Peet's Italian roast. I like stilton-type blues, my favorite being Cashel blue, which I have recently found at Costco, of all places.

I love blues, possibly a side effect of growing up with a stilton aficionado. I'll look for the Cashel next time I head to Costco (thanks for the recommendation), and I'll recommend the Billy Blue goat cheese from Cheesetique. It has a nice tang to it that worked really well in a salad with walnuts and a sherry vinaigrette.

Consider this is the gastro equivalent of "What are you wearing?" :rolleyes:

Right now I'm eating a late lunch: a bagel thinly spread with cream cheese and piled with cold smoked wild salmon, slivers of vidalia onion, and very thin slices of brandywine tomato, pausing every few seconds to lick the tomato juice running down my arms.

What are you eating?

The Lamb Sausage and Cannellini Bean Flatbread at American Flatbread in Ashburn - YUM!!