Yes!

Al Dente

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a bold move, Don Rockwell and a team of barristas from a coffee shop in Clarendon decide to open a hip new lounge featuring French-Indian-Lower Freedonian fusion small plates. Small but not allowed to be shared with a 42 second time limit. The hit will be curried mini-bugers with truffled galangal "ketchup"

In case you guys think I'm just messing with you, I'm not (well maybe I am a little bit). But I'm waiting for one of two things to happen:

1) The story needs to break from "the other source"

Well, I was thinking it might be something that is normally found in this space, but I guess not. At least I hope not :P

Before Ziebold was selected to head Cityzen, it was rumored that Jean-Georges was being approached to helm the Mandarin's signature restaurant. Recently, it has been suggested that he is again on the verge of making his entrance to the DC dining scene with the ground floor restaurant at the condo complex to be built across from Lulus between the Ritz and Shulas. However, I don't believe ground has been broken and regardless it will not be completed for some time.

Perhaps it has something to do with the restaurant that replaces Gabriel at the new Kimpton property?

Anyway, long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks to everyone for your posts and entertainment and to Rocks for putting it all together.

Before Ziebold was selected to head Cityzen, it was rumored that Jean-Georges was being approached to helm the Mandarin's signature restaurant.  Recently, it has been suggested that he is again on the verge of making his entrance to the DC dining scene with the ground floor restaurant at the condo complex to be built across from Lulus between the Ritz and Shulas.  However, I don't believe ground has been broken and regardless it will not be completed for some time. 

Perhaps it has something to do with the restaurant that replaces Gabriel at the new Kimpton property?

Anyway, long time lurker, first time poster.  Thanks to everyone for your posts and entertainment and to Rocks for putting it all together.

Welcome TheInsider. Hope when you have "Inside" insights that you shall not toy with us as Rocks is.

Paranoia is the rule of the day. I just tried to make a reservation at Mendocino on opentable.com and for some weird reason the restaurant isn't listed anymore. I swear it was there yesterday. Of course, this BIG SECRET was the first thing I thought of. :P

I'd be disappointed if the news just involved one restaurant. It's big, but not "rippling."

Will we find out at the Tom Chat today? (why does that sound like an item at a Thai/Indian restaurant?)

My guess: Tom Sietsema is getting his own TV show. Or, Don is getting his own TV show? They're both getting a TV show? I'm getting a TV show? That last one would be a shocker.

Will we find out at the Tom Chat today? (why does that sound like an item at a Thai/Indian restaurant?
or that Tom Cruise found a new victim, er, girlfriend

(sorry - totally off topic...you know TomKat...TomChat...get it?)

The Ritz-Carlton is tossing out Fabio Trabocchi and will re-open the space as an Olive Garden
He better be there tonight to cook my birthday dinner! :P

Tom is setting aside his writing career to personally mediate every petty, insignificant dispute that arises between restauranteurs and their customers through his chat. It's a full time job. In his spare time he will be waging a public service campaign to encourage spineless diners to bring up issues as they occur during the dining experience. Once that is successful participation in his chats will drop to historically low levels allowing him to return to reviewing new joints.

Will we find out at the Tom Chat today? (why does that sound like an item at a Thai/Indian restaurant?)

My guess: Tom Sietsema is getting his own TV show. Or, Don is getting his own TV show? They're both getting a TV show? I'm getting a TV show? That last one would be a shocker.

Doubt he will break it.....of course it's possible it will be announced and because no one knows where to look you'll miss it :P

Doc, is the show you searching out evidence to prove that Rocks really is Sietsema?

Could it be Tom S is quitting.....

Or a certain big name restaurant with a big name chef is closing due to financial difficulties.....

Or that Todd Thrasher won the DC Style bestr dressed contest....

Enquiring minds want to know....

Rockwellians want to know!!!

Or a certain big name restaurant with a big name chef is closing due to financial difficulties.....

I thought about that, but is that really big news that a restaurant that is already in bankruptcy is closing? The only way I could see that being big news is if the District were to play hardball with that chef (i.e. charing him with something). Whatever it is, I hope that the news is positive.

Most users ever online was 96 on Today, 11:00 AM

I noticed this stat creep up over the last two days and cynically thought (not really) this was all a ploy to have more registered users then guests hanging around to reverse last week's trend! :P

i heard joel robuchon, thomas keller and ferran adria are all opening fast-food restairants in a revamped food court at white flint mall in rockville, maryland. This will rival the Aol/Time Warner Complex.

It couldn't be any worse than what's in there now. :P

Edited by Heather

Most users ever online was 96 on Today, 11:00 AM

Never mind 96, try 118 at 11:23.

Everybody wants to know what it is.

It's coming.

It'll be here.

Why does this put me in mind of the Brother Dave Gardner routine about the promoter? :P