On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Maybe I'm out of the loop, or missed the linking thread, or just plain stupid (People have called me that!  Can you believe it??!!), but what the hell are you talking about with all this heel stuff?  :lol:

This is an annual event usually held close to Halloween. Guys dressed in drag (and high heels) race up 17th Street (an area some wag here referred to as the "Gayborhood").

A little history: When this first got started, the police came and arrested everyone. Times have changed and this is a big deal. When you were told to be there by 7:30, that was no mistake. The whole area gets just packed and makes it difficult to see the race.

I'm feeling that a suitable way to shake off this first semi-chill of autumn is with happy hour beer at John Harvards today. Haven't been there since I last joined DR folks there. Which, if I recall correctly, was also the first time I visited TemptAsian. Not that I'd have any interest in repeating that escapade.... :lol:

I'm feeling that a suitable way to shake off this first semi-chill of autumn is with happy hour beer at John Harvards today.  Haven't been there since I last joined DR folks there.  Which, if I recall correctly, was also the first time I visited TemptAsian.  Not that I'd have any interest in repeating that escapade....  :lol:

I was thinking Kotobuki, but TemptAsian could be good.

Oh give me strength....'Nightmare on M Street' this weekend. While these sorts of things* totally suck ass, the people who want me to go with them fully don't so H Triangle, here I come! I suppose you'll be wanting my badge and gun.

* Organized 'bar crawl' done by some promotions group. Pay $10 in advance or $20 at the door for the Singular Privilege of going from crappy M Street bar to crappy M Street bar to drink $2 Mass-Event Anheuser-Busch Products with approximately 900,000 representatitives of the sort of college kid who absolutely LIVE for this sort of thing. "No cover until 1 AM!!" but do any of these places HAVE covers? No, but they have at LEAST maximum legal capacity of bodies, woefully inadequate HVAC, and the slipperiest floors this side of a genuine Ibiza foam party held in the shower room of a Federal Prison.

I'm Matt Robinson, and I'm a frat boy.

Edited to remark: Alright, that's not to say it won't be KIND OF fun... :lol:

Edited by shogun

Have a party to attend this evening. Incidentally, I don't think I'm going to "Nightmare on M Street" anymore, either...have a lot to do this weekend and can't afford to be hung over and useless both Saturday and Sunday.

All sorority pledges singing into invisible microphones to Bon Jovi and leaning to the right in a circle. People earnestly weighing the merits of which place they should go to next as if it made that big a difference which overcrowded hole that next $2 Bud Lite came from. The best part? The smug bouncers.

Falling squarely under the jurisdiction of the Fuck A Duck category, I apparently placed my car keys inside my trunk today while grabbing my tennis rackets, and then closed the trunk.

I discovered this later, and then cabbed home.

My cell phone is in my car.

I cannot find my second set of car keys at home.

My cordless home phone is nowhere to be found, and even if I found it, the battery would be dead.

I'm certain this is why they invented alcohol.

Falling squarely under the jurisdiction of the Fuck A Duck category, I apparently placed my car keys inside my trunk today while grabbing my tennis rackets, and then closed the trunk. 

My cordless home phone is nowhere to be found, and even if I found it, the battery would be dead.

Not to mention AAA (that's three 'A's not two)

I suppose you could look at the bright side and be thankful you don't keep your keys on a single key ring and were able to get into your home to look for and not find your spare keys and cordless phone. And that you didn't need a key to login.

No, but we exepect you to spell better.  :P

That's why they invennted spill cheker. Can't download one here :(

My spelling and Rock's Fucking a Duck aside, a number of miracles have happened around 17th street today and there will be much celebrating this evening :)

That's what you get for exercising :lol: I hope the alcohol wasn't in the trunk too.....

OK, I'll bite.  What were the miracles on 17th street today.  What, was there an immaculate conception or something?

One would guess she is perhaps referring to some certain politically-charged legal happenings.

OK, I'll bite.  What were the miracles on 17th street today.  What, was there an immaculate conception or something?

Speaking of punctuation......

One would guess she is perhaps referring to some certain politically-charged legal happenings.

Well, since we aren't supposed to get political......a few happened at work too :lol: Perfect scores were acheived in classes, administrative reviews were perfect....