Honoring Dave Oremland

DonRocks

I'm extremely sorry to say that Dave Oremland, our own DaveO, has passed away. I was doing some work on the website, and it dawned on me that I hadn't seen Dave here in awhile - it didn't take long to find out the worst, although I don't know any details at all.

Dave was one of our most prolific contributors ever. I'll really miss reading his impressively thoughtful posts about sports - one that comes to mind is this, about the 1969-1973 New York Knicks.

donrockwell.com will be offline on Wed, Mar 25, 2020, between 12-1 PM, in honor of Dave.

• Sad 10

I was wondering about not seeing him on here, as well.  I am so sorry he passed.  He was a really nice guy, who was always very nice, and much more personable and supportive than you would ever know.  I liked talking with him, having a drink together now and then.  Cheers Dave, missing your personal messages and positivity right now.

• Like 2

I'm deeply saddened to learn of Dave's passing.  He was one of the few here that I have actually met in person and we shared beers of a few occasions.  He was also one of the most passionate people I've ever known, seemingly about everything.  I haven't spoken with Dave directly in a few years, but through his frequent posts I somehow feel as though I had.  He will be sorely missed. 

• Like 2

It took me a day to process that DaveO passed away 2 months ago and I didn't realize it.  He was the person that I had the most (virtual) interaction with over years on this board and I'll miss him.  We went back and forth, both on the board and thru pm'ing.  He was supposed to go to a reunion of friends in Brooklyn awhile ago and we discovered that the friend's house was only blocks from where I live so we made tentative plans to go for a drink.  Then the reunion got cancelled.  And, when I was in D.C. a couple of years ago, we made plans to meet at Dino's Grotto.  But he wound up having to go out of town that weekend so, again, we didn't meet in person.  We were/are basically the same age, discovered that we had very similar ancestry, knew some of the same people and enjoyed discussions/arguments on sports, current events and anything else we came across.  I loved his presence here and looked forward to reading his thoughts and ideas.  We will all be the less for his absence.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2