Fall Picnic 2008 - Sunday, October 19th (?)

Heather

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ghoulish/goulash-good! pumpkin-good, as long as it's paired w/ lots of pork(maybe braised pork/pumpkin goulash, w/ lots of paprika)...Fall picnic gives us something to look forward to (I'm having those back-to-school blues, although I don't know why)...maybe a crab & shrimp gumbo? since it always seems to rain...I'll help with anything needed-setup, cleanup, bringing a tent, stove, stuff....

Ft. Hunt park, VA (south part of GW Pkwy., a few miles north of Mt. Vernon) & as for time, early afternoon?-on...some folks (the ones that have small animals to cook onsite & those who want to set up &/or can't wait, start arriving mid-morning). Lots of parking, pretty easy to find, restrooms across the street-the 2 picnics I've attended have both been rainy, but that makes it seem more intimate, right?

Hm, C-2 is not available for 10/19.
Area D is probably the next best option - the other C sites don't have shelters.

Area D

This area features an adequate shelter with picnic tables that can seat up to 100 people, a softball field, and an open field. Please note this area has only Port-A-Let restrooms. Public restrooms are within walking distance, in Area E. This site has only 32 parking spaces. Arrangements should be made to carpool.

Area D is probably the next best option - the other C sites don't have shelters.

Area D

This area features an adequate shelter with picnic tables that can seat up to 100 people, a softball field, and an open field. Please note this area has only Port-A-Let restrooms. Public restrooms are within walking distance, in Area E. This site has only 32 parking spaces. Arrangements should be made to carpool.

We could also do site B-1. It's got a lot more parking. And a fire pit.