$20 Tuesday at Pizzeria Orso

DonRocks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as I had enough notice to ensure I could get off work, I'd be interested.

Same here. At least one week of notice would be good so I can decide whether or not I can go.

Rob

Ditto, although with slightly less certainty. :( I'm a complete idiot; I have conference calls every Tuesday night in September, and possibly one this coming week. That sucks.

Okay, based on these three comments, it sounds like Tuesday, August 31st is a good date to choose. Let's wait for others to chime in tomorrow, but that's my proposal for now.

Edan, can you give us some details as to pricing, menu, etc.?

Attention New Members: The time for you to join us for an event is now. You'll be welcomed as family, even if you're coming solo. I plan on coming to this event as well, so hopefully I'll be able to break bread with you.

Yeah, so tentatively I was thinking any of the Antipasti that are $7 or less, any pizza that is under $18, (all of them except for 3), half an order of Cannoli, (one stuffed shell, stuffing of your choice) - Fer USA $20.

I could include the specials of the day under the same conditions, or if there was demand/interest, Kevin and I could come up with some other stuff that may be a little more special, but would require everyone to have the same thing.

What's important, really, is the pizza :(

*edit* I forgot the soft drink. That comes with the $20, bottled soda and booze is extra..

ETA: Chef was thinking of providing some family-style antipasti to pass around and enjoy pre-dinner, to jazz the table up a bit.

Edited by goodeats
technical difficulties.

Okay, based on these three comments, it sounds like Tuesday, August 31st is a good date to choose. Let's wait for others to chime in tomorrow, but that's my proposal for now.

Edan, can you give us some details as to pricing, menu, etc.?

Attention New Members: The time for you to join us for an event is now. You'll be welcomed as family, even if you're coming solo. I plan on coming to this event as well, so hopefully I'll be able to break bread with you.

I am in + 1. Skipper

So, after having read some comments, Here is the best course of action from my perspective..

Menu:

Set Antipasti-to be determined the week prior to the event, served family style

Papa Al Pomodoro-Virginia Tomatoes, house made sourdough

Pizze-to be ordered after soup, (y'all can order however you see fit, and maybe we will throw in a simple pizza or 2)

House made Cannoli, (1 shell each), Or could do doughnuts..

The Gelato is really good, but we get it from Dolcezza, so... That's out.

Yer feedback will be appreciated.

so I'm bored/procrastinating at work....here's a preliminary list. (a few folks with early replies not included, as their replies were before the 31st was set as the date - Rovers, Fuzzy, Sphere777 - you still in?)

agm + notquickdraw

catharine (+1)

Chaofun (+1)

DanielK

DonRocks

durwoodx

GennaroE

gnatharobed (+1)

goldenticket

goodeats (+2)

juliusc91

ktmoomau (+1)

leleboo

lfrierson

mdt

Merry Mary

ol_ironstomach (+1)

Porcupine

Skipper10 (+1)

TheMatt

thetrain

Tweaked

so I'm bored/procrastinating at work....here's a preliminary list. (a few folks with early replies not included, as their replies were before the 31st was set as the date - Tweaked, Rovers, Fuzzy, Sphere777 - you still in?)

agm + notquickdraw

catharine (+1)

DanielK

DonRocks

gnatharobed (+1)

goldenticket

goodeats (+2)

juliusc91

ktmoomau (+1)

leleboo

mdt

Merry Mary

Skipper10 (+1)

TheMatt

She didn't just make a list, y'all. She alphabetized it. :(

goldenticket, I think I love you.

Google maps says it's 40 minutes "in traffic" from downtown Bethesda to Pizzeria Orso. Can anyone tell me whether that's realistic?

I think closer to an hour is more realistic during rush hour. You have a strong likelihood of being in stop-and-go traffic for the entire length of 495.

Updated list:

agm + notquickdraw

catharine (+1)

Chaofun + jchao

DanielK

DonRocks

durwoodx

fuzzy510

GennaroE

gnatharobed (+1)

goldenticket

goodeats (+2)

juliusc91

ktmoomau (+1)

leleboo

lfrierson

mdt

Merry Mary

ol_ironstomach (+1)

Porcupine

Rovers2000 (+1)

Skipper10 (+1)

TheMatt

thetrain

Tweaked

We're at 34 ... 6 more and we can start a waiting list or schedule another one! :(

(I'm sure we can arrange some carpools from Metro stops and so forth, too, for those for whom that could be an issue.)

Google maps says it's 40 minutes "in traffic" from downtown Bethesda to Pizzeria Orso. Can anyone tell me whether that's realistic?

I think closer to an hour is more realistic during rush hour. You have a strong likelihood of being in stop-and-go traffic for the entire length of 495.

It'll be more than an hour, if the map takes you on Broad Street, Route 7. It's stop and go on that 2-lane road with a lot of lights.

If you can take Chain Bridge over to Glebe Road and then Lee Hwy to Pizzeria Orso, it will eliminate some of the stop and go, but then I'm not sure how Wisconsin Avenue is during that time.