dcs

The Green Pig Bistro, Clarendon - Chef Scot Harlan comes from Inox

117 posts in this topic

ARLnow.com is reporting a new "gastropub" (I hate that term) named The Green Pig Bistro is coming to this space.

ARLnow.com is reporting a new "gastropub" (I hate that term) named The Green Pig Bistro is coming to this space.

I just read this article. Scot Harlan is a very talented pastry chef (formerly of Inox).

I just read this article. Scot Harlan is a very talented pastry chef (formerly of Inox).

His talent resides in more than just pastry, the dude can cook, too. He's been in NYC honing butchery skills off and on for the last little bit, in fact.

This place is right down the street from where I take jiu jitsu, I'm definitely excited for it.

This sounds like an interesting and welcome addition to the neighborhood.

The draft menu definitely doesn't shy away from offal and some of the less mainstream animal parts. Fingers crossed that their planned early 2012 opening becomes a reality!

ARLnow.com on the case, as usual. Here is the Craigslist ad for history's sake:

We are serious when we speak to those whom resonate to great food products produced at elevated levels. Green Pig Bistro, soon to open in Clarendon, is looking for the rest of its opening team, including line cooks, sous-chef, pastry-sous, dish, hosts, servers and bussers. Don't expect to find loins, micro greens and baby veg here. Think sous vide. Think obscure cuts of meat in their finest form--food that is hearty, not heavy; sustainable and with proper technique above all. Prior frustration with fine dining service is preferred. All Kitchen applicants please stop by the restaurant at 1025 N. Fillmore St in Arlington afternoons this week. All front of house applicants, please forward resume and references to greenpigjobs@gmail.com and/or come by the restaurant afternoons all this/next week. We will be employing an eSavvy staff and familiarity with iPhones, iPods, and iPads is a plus+++, as we will be using wireless iPads as our POS.

Think sous vide. Imagine.

I miss American Flatbread.

I know this ad reads like a parody, but give Scot Harlan a chance.

And Andrew Shapiro, ex-mixmaster (and especially bittermaster) of Dino will be heading the bar program.

Small plates? I ask because I'm thinking as you stroll from that corner of the building down the street hitting all the spots in Zoso Flats, although not necessarily in order, you could do a four or five course meal with appropriate beverage pairings. [urp!]

Yup. There will be an entire section of the menu devoted to "snacks."

That street crawl sounds like an awesome idea. We've got some really talented neighbors that do some amazing stuff.

According to this item from Urban Daddy the Soft Opening is scheduled for this Friday and the official opening for April 4 [Although the version I have in the link above does not explicitly provide the dates, the version I have in my e-mail does -- so you'll just have to trust me on this.]

Hello! Has anyone heard more about the official opening of Green Pig Bistro? Seems like little to no marketing or at least through my Google searching I haven't found much besides old articles on ArlNow and Urban Daddy. I'm extremely curious since I live right across the street and am eager for a restaurant more interesting than the normal Clarendon restaurants to open.

Hello! Has anyone heard more about the official opening of Green Pig Bistro? Seems like little to no marketing or at least through my Google searching I haven't found much besides old articles on ArlNow and Urban Daddy. I'm extremely curious since I live right across the street and am eager for a restaurant more interesting than the normal Clarendon restaurants to open.

I've been receiving text messages this evening from someone who is at the Friends and Family opening. :)

I was there last night, along with a number of other folks. My understanding was that last night was Friends and Family, by reservation only. This weekend will be more open for folks who live in the same building, and they'll be moving to fully open over the next week.

I will say I heartily enjoyed everything I ate and drank last night. I posted 'em on twitter: corned ox heart reubens, chicken liver pate, mac & cheese, duck breast, and doughnuts with peanut butter ice cream and chocolate. Plus several mixed drinks and a few beers.

I heard they are opening to the public April 4th.

I went there the same time as SeanMike and also enjoyed everything I ate and drank there! corned ox heart ruebens, mushroom and snail toast, peanut butter "ice cream sandwiches", and two great cocktails (plus rolls, butter, and a beer). I heard they butcher their own meat in-house which is why they have so many different cuts of meat on the menu.

I'm excited to go back soon and glad a restaurant like this came into the 'hood.

I can't wait to go back and try the fried pimento cheese, sweetbreads, and whatever else they happen to throw on the menu.

I'm also glad that someone from Inox found a home -- I loved that restaurant and was sad to see it close.

Really appreciate the replies and excited for when they open to the public this week.

It's only the second day, but this is the best restaurant in Clarendon right now.

It's only the second day, but this is the best restaurant in Clarendon right now.

I couldn't find the menu, but are there some vegetarian options?

There's a sample menu here, but it's already changed and I don't recall much that was vegetarian. The potato gnoocchi was still there, but I'm not even sure if that's vegetarian. Meat makes its way into a lot of dishes here, even the fish. The octopus comes with (great) pork rinds.

For obvious reasons, I am very excited that they are up and running. Everyone should definitely check it out. They have really done an amazing turnover of the space and it really bears no resemblance to its former existence (AF). Very, very nice beer selection and the small sampling of food I had the other night was really tasty (octopus included). Best of luck to Scot and the rest of the team!

This place is truly excellent. It probably has my favorite burger outside of DC, and possibly in the area. You should go, and do it soon. Everything on the menu will be 30-40% more expensive in a month, except the entrees, which will be 20-30% more expensive.