Photo

Ray's the Steaks and Retro Ray's (Next Door) - Michael Landrum's Steakhouses in Courthouse

Arlington Courthouse Steakhouse MLRG Inc.

• Please log in to reply
1607 replies to this topic

#1601 DanielK

DanielK

leviathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

This community misses Michael. :(

I haven't seen him at all in the last couple of years, even at RTS.

#1602 ktmoomau

ktmoomau

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:57 AM

Ktmoomau, was your server the gentleman with an array of pens in a spectrum of colors in his breast pocket?

I don't recall seeing all the pens, but could be possible.

But I learned fast how to keep my head up 'cause I
Know I got this side of me that
Wants to grab the yoke from the pilot and just
Fly the whole mess into the sea. The Shins
www.rrbmdk.com
www.katelintaylor.com

#1603 lggl

lggl

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:10 PM

About 3 months ago helplessly trapped on a stupid little usair plane waiting for those dumb busses to show up to take us to the terminal, one word was spoken. Ray's. That was all. Nothing else was necessary. We went there straight from the airport with luggage in tow (which they kindly stored for us) and Michael was there. It was a Sunday night.

It also turned out to be the best single word spoken in months. Steaks were phenomenal and service impeccable. Nothing has changed. We also tried the appetizer that has a huge scallop, huge shrimp and a shot of bisque. It was excellent as well.

I note that I was in there again a few weeks ago and they had bar stools at the bar in the back room (the retro room?). I don't recall seeing those there before. Nice option for a solo diner craving a good meal.

#1604 porcupine

porcupine

ill-tempered sea bass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:30 AM

I haven't seen him at all in the last couple of years, even at RTS.

He's still around.  We don't go often, but every time we do, he's there. <shrug>

Elizabeth Miller
fast cars, slow food

http://elizaberryblog.wordpress.com/

#1605 DaveO

DaveO

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

Does anyone know what the menu for Retro Rays is???  How is it different from Ray's?  I couldn't find it on his website and menupages seemed to have the same Ray's the Steaks.

And now a very belated response to this question.....

Retro Ray's is "there".   Like Kate I had noticed that Retro Ray's, which did have a "separate menu" a bit ago, had not added it to the site.  I'd think that Michael Landrum doesn't pay much attention to the website.  He may simply not be thinking about it, or alternatively has other reasons for not posting the details.  I wouldn't know.

I had meant to stop by, copy the menu, and post it here.  Haven't gotten around to doing so.  The menu featured different dishes at significant discounts off of typical Ray's fare and some different items, I think scallops wrapped in bacon as an example.  Possibly I'll get around to it this week.

Although looking at this response...the following response to the question above....did not, sadly, I must report, come from my efforts, nor was it accomplished on a timely basis.   Alas!!!!

Anyways here is Retro Rays or what is now called the Bistro's menu...per a newish website that I happened to chance on today....

Screenshot 2015-08-28 at 10.32.03.png Screenshot 2015-08-28 at 10.32.18.png

You can work your way through "starters", lighter fare, and the old traditionals;  certainly more informative than some months ago.

• Genevieve and ktmoomau like this

#1606 JSnake

JSnake

Silver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted Today, 11:54 AM

Seems like the DC location of Hell Burger has run into some trouble. http://www.bizjourna...ger-in-d-c.html

Man, I hope this doesn't mean anything bad for the rest of the Ray's joints.

#1607 Genevieve

Genevieve

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted Today, 02:17 PM

And now a very belated response to this question.....

Although looking at this response...the following response to the question above....did not, sadly, I must report, come from my efforts, nor was it accomplished on a timely basis.   Alas!!!!

Anyways here is Retro Rays or what is now called the Bistro's menu...per a newish website that I happened to chance on today....

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-08-28 at 10.32.03.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-08-28 at 10.32.18.png

You can work your way through "starters", lighter fare, and the old traditionals;  certainly more informative than some months ago.

Thanks very much for posting the menu!

#1608 Ilaine

Ilaine

Catfish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted Today, 03:53 PM

I remain unclear on what the Bistro is.  Made reservations at Ray's for dinner last Saturday, at 6 p.m.  What I think of as the main dining room wasn't full but we were placed all the way in the back, past the bathrooms, which I thought was the Bistro?

I'm just here for the chow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arlington, Courthouse, Steakhouse, MLRG Inc.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

kmcass, ScotteeM, JSnake, reedm