Twenty-Dollar Tuesdays

Mrs. B

Sounds great, but I am taking Emma to Wolftrap to see Peter Pan tonight, with 6 other little girls and their moms. :P

At least we'll be tailgating so we won't have to eat the food there, and I'll be bringing a thermos of margaritas to help me through the experience. :wub:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone agreed that the smothered pork chops were the thing to order.  The pitchers of margaritas were a little on the weak side.

I also thought the appetizer dish of yuca and pork was very tasty and was easily large enough to be an entree.

I'm game for either day.

BUT the 1st is preferable because the SO's folks are in town and we haven't been to Kotobuki in at least 10 days - I'm suffering from severe sushi withdrawal! :lol: They leave town on the 31st so the 1st would be perfect :P (if it's the 8th, I'll just be going -at least- twice in the next 2 weeks)

Edited by goldenticket

I thought I'd bump this up before y'all scatter for the weekend.

We'll be gathering on the evening of November 8th at Kotobuki. Hopefully those of you who are going to 2941 on Nov. 6 will have made room by then. ETA to follow later.

Anybody else interested? If you plan to come with others, let me know by PM or email so I'll have some idea what to expect since it is not a large space. Or if you want to let me know by PM or email rather than being listed on the board, please feel free.

So far the following people have expressed an interest:

Lydia R

Stephen B

Scott Johnson

clayrae

DanielK

NCPinDC

goldenticket

Do any of you have a digital camera that you can bring that doesn't go all blurry at the sight of exquisite food? [ :lol: ]

I'm game for either day. 

BUT the 1st is preferable because the SO's folks are in town and we haven't been to Kotobuki in at least 10 days - I'm suffering from severe sushi withdrawal! :lol:    They leave town on the 31st so the 1st would be perfect :(    (if it's the 8th, I'll just be going -at least- twice in the next 2 weeks)

Crisis averted - I can wait until the 8th. We took Friday night "off" from family responsibilities and filled up on sushi :P

Look forward to seeing/meeting you all on the 8th (I may be there +1 as Mr gt is a big fan too)

Edited by goldenticket

<<We'll be gathering on the evening of November 8th at Kotobuki. ??

What time, please?

They don't take reservations, and suggest getting there by no later than 6:30pm for a group this big. We may need to split it into two tables. Can some of you be there a bit earlier to hold the table(s)? I will call them with the final tally so they know how many of us to expect.

They don't take reservations, and suggest getting there by no later than 6:30pm for a group this big.  We may need to split it into two tables. Can some of you be there a bit earlier to hold the table(s)?  I will call them with the final tally so they know how many of us to expect.

I live nearby and would be happy to get there shortly after 6. Let me know how many places I should try to round up.

I live nearby and would be happy to get there shortly after 6.  Let me know how many places I should try to round up.

Looks like 11 if you count everyone from the previous post plus Walrus and Tripewriter, or 12 if Mr. Goldenticket is joining. Anyone on that list dropped out, or anyone else joining (or bringing someone)?

The Kotobuki Sensational Seven

Lydia R +1

Stephen B

Scott Johnson

DanielK

NCPinDC

crackers

Anybody who is still on the fence, please PM me by Tuesday morning if you'd like to join us or can't join us afterall, or have any questions - like who is going to wear the silly hat so the group can be easily identified.

Edited by crackers

The Kotobuki Dozen

Lydia R +1

Stephen B

Scott Johnson

clayrae

DanielK

NCPinDC

goldenticket +1

tripewrite

walrus

crackers

Anybody who is still on the fence, please PM me by Tuesday morning if you'd like to join us or can't join us afterall, or have any questions - like who is going to wear the silly hat so the group can be easily identified.

You guys are going to fill that place to capacity! :lol: