To Whom Are You Drinking Right Now?

starfish

[Yes, I know, I could devote an entire forum to (non-food) professional recommendations here. And don't think I haven't thought about it: Open for everyone to read; posting only allowed by members of a certain tenure; positive recommendations only. Hmm ...]

I love the idea, I have often thought about sending out a bleg on the help wanted for something non-food related, but having a running list would be even better. I do think that a little explanation as to why the individual/group/company is being recommended should be required.

Oh, and good job Bettyjoan, though I think that my thighs and nipples just chaffed thinking about running for almost 6 hours.

To homeownership. :)

Yeeeee!!!

Congratulations!!! We are closing on our first home in a month - I will certainly be happy for the whole process of buying to be over (so I can start the process of enjoying).

Thanks to all for the congrats on the marathon - it was an amazing experience.

This weekend, I have been drinking to my sister and her husband, whose awesome wedding left us with enough overstocked beer and wine to be happy for quite some time (as I hope they are in their marriage).

Dino di Laurentiis - Grandfather of the lovely Giada and the man who brought us the best quote in movie history

"Conan, what are the three greatest things in life"

"To crush your enemy, to see him driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women"

RIP

Beer. Lots of it. To a second week without gas in my apartment, to my fireplace imminently being torn out of my wall, to fundamental structural problems, and to the bloom being officially off the homebuying rose. :)

Whiskey soon.

That is not a good introduction to home ownership. Enjoy the whiskey :).

To my nephew, Costi Caset, who this Friday won the 1st Annual "Copa Valentin Caset" (the National 18 and Under Championship Tournament, re-named this year in honor of his older brother, somewhat of a polo prodigy who played his first professional tournament at age 10 and who passed away not quite yet one year ago).

This on top of winning both "El Intercolegial" and the Under 20 Championship Tournaments back-to-back just beforehand as well, all while still 17.

Never will "levantar una copa" have such meaning, and never will a young man be so honored as by this sweetest of all brothers whose only thought ever in life was to live up to his idol and hero, his big brother--a big brother whose every goal and effort was for them to play side by side.

Santa Paula Cup (El Intercolegial) - Polo By Garrahan

"The champion, Costi Caset, surrounded by girls, as usual..."

http://www.polobygarrahan.com/english/eventos.php?id_evento=43

(You might have to thumbnail around a bit...)

One more...

Another drink to the memory of Elizabeth Edwards. I had the good fortune of meeting her when she came to WAMU last spring. She left a very strong impression as a truly sincere and compassionate person. She seemed genuinely grateful for our conversation. I am very saddened by this unexpected news.

Well let me be the first male to chime in and say that John Edwards was a fucking scumbag for abandoning his wife when she was sick with cancer.

Hope you are not the last Rocks. Ms. Edwards was a very strong woman and she deserved better I think. I will keep her children in my thoughts.

My deepest love and sympathy to all of us that have had to deal with cancer either personally or with a loved one. I am now raising one to you. :)

Hope you are not the last Rocks. Ms. Edwards was a very strong woman and she deserved better I think. I will keep her children in my thoughts.

My deepest love and sympathy to all of us that have had to deal with cancer either personally or with a loved one. I am now raising one to you. :)

Dang, this is #500 for me. Thanks Don, for making a place where I have felt so very welcome for the last 5.5 years. I am very grateful for all that you worked so hard to create here. So I'm raising a glass of my favorite plonk which is much less than you deserve.