On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

If you’ve found that the cold weather and dashed hopes for a snow day (or two) have taken their toll, I hope you’ll come to happy hour at Dino on Friday, February 23rd from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Dean has promised some great specials, including a Rosso di Montalcino wine flight (3-3oz pours for $12); a special martini for $6 and prosecco for $5, as well as some delicious nibbles.

If you’re interested in joining in, please PM me so I can let Dean know how many of us to expect. (Note to any other “fit for summer” challenge participants: I plan to take the metro to Woodley Park and walk up Connectict Ave to Dino as a preventative (or guilt-blocking) measure and I would welcome company.

How many are interested so far?

I think pork belly is the perfect pre-shabbat snack.
Too true - especially when there's something to celebrate this week. However, being the gracious hostess I am, I will have to miss my pork fix & the perfect opportunity to see if this long hiatus from DC has made Shogun more extroverted so that I at least have dinner baking in the oven when the gang arrives tonight.

Have a great time!

We are rapidly approaching critical mass for tomorrow's happy hour. If you already have PMed me or posted that you plan to attend and your plans are changing (so you don't think you will be able to attend), please let me know.

Dean has promised some very good drink specials and treats, including: pancetta, do it yourself crostini with various toppings, olives and "some other things to be determined but probably a chorizo."

Fit for summer participants/walkers: I plan to be at the Woodley Park metro between 5:10 and 5:15 tomorrow afternoon to begin my walk to Dino. If you'd like to join me, PM me and we'll figure it out. (It's really not very far, I'll just feel better doing it)

A last thought: a few people have mentioned that they will be able to stay for only part of the evening and others will be joining us late. To protect everyone (and save you from my own very bad math), please be sure to take care of your own tab.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Your original message said 5:30 - 7:30, your plan to start walking at 5:15 supports that, yet the topic title says 5 - 7.

Can you confirm which is correct?

Dino doesn't officially open until 5:30 so that precludes 5-7 unless one finds standing on the stoop and gazing longingly through the window attractive... :o

Does the world end at Cleveland Park? For thoses Fit For Summer participants north of Cleveland Park: I'll be at the Van Ness Metro ~ 5:10 - 5:15 Friday evening to walk down hill to the Dino HH. PM me (NLT than 3:30) if you'd like to join me so we can coordinate.

Fit for summer participants/walkers: I plan to be at the Woodley Park metro between 5:10 and 5:15 tomorrow afternoon to begin my walk to Dino. If you'd like to join me, PM me and we'll figure it out. (It's really not very far, I'll just feel better doing it)

Just came in from a snowball fight, cooking for the neighbors, Hangar, Porterhouse, and Flatiron Steaks. Celeraic Bisque, Garlic Mashed potatoes, Homemade German Chocalate Cake and LOTS of wine. Chez Raisa's for me.

But Corduroy's would be a nice place today, for one of Chef Power's Braises!

Find someplace that has great French onion soup or moules...

or get lucky and find friends like mine that make homemade French onion soup and share wonderful wines on snowy nights..and never forget you.

My whole day is based around merely consuming this soup. Busy day!