On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

If you’ve found that the cold weather and dashed hopes for a snow day (or two) have taken their toll, I hope you’ll come to happy hour at Dino on Friday, February 23rd from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Dean has promised some great specials, including a Rosso di Montalcino wine flight (3-3oz pours for $12); a special martini for $6 and prosecco for $5, as well as some delicious nibbles.

If you’re interested in joining in, please PM me so I can let Dean know how many of us to expect. (Note to any other “fit for summer” challenge participants: I plan to take the metro to Woodley Park and walk up Connectict Ave to Dino as a preventative (or guilt-blocking) measure and I would welcome company.

Sounds fun, but I couldn't get there that early. 7 is generally the earliest I can get back into DC and with Friday traffic, it's usually 7:30. :lol:

ETA: don't you just hate it when your posts are moved somewhere and you no longer get the context? Quit it, Don!!

Sounds fun, but I couldn't get there that early. 7 is generally the earliest I can get back into DC and with Friday traffic, it's usually 7:30. :lol:

ETA: don't you just hate it when your posts are moved somewhere and you no longer get the context? Quit it, Don!!

[if it's in the future, it's on a whim; if it's in the past, it's in the restaurant thread. Need to keep the "Going in two weeks - can't wait!" postings out of the restaurant threads so they can retain some use to people as reference material.]

Count me in as a "tentative."

...happy hour at Dino on Friday, February 23rd from 5:30 to 7pm.

Yeah, right. You do know it's uphill from Woodley Park, right? Or, better yet: walk up from Dupont Circle. The Ellington bridge is lovely this time of year. Hmpf! I'll meet you there.

...walk up Connectict Ave to Dino

Who doesn't like a good Shaft every now and then?

Let me rephrase that. The original Shaft is playing at the AFI tonite at 9pm. Anyone want to do drinks in the area before/after? We've been at RTC the last two night's running so it might be time to hit the QuarryHouse.

If you like chocolate, cinnamon, and almonds, try the Mexican panna cotta. :lol:
Well as I've been ordered by my personal trainer to start ignesting more calories (I seriously kid you not- the dude told me to start putting more bacon on my food as 2,000 calories in my day just isn't enough) this seems like a good start.

Not fair!
It's nice to have high metabolism except when your coach tells you flat out that you need to put on 10-20% more body mass in the form of muscle. My body fat percentage is at the very very low end by nature of my metabolism, and thus it's very very difficult to add weight back. I know this will change as I get older but those who know me know that I also work out all the time between skating practice and lifting.

so is the trick to go to The Reef in the afternoon and then leave when the uglies start arriving? Generally I just usually don't leave my apartment friday or saturday night. Less annoyance that way...
Sooo, you're a member of the "Geezer" contingent? Welcome to the club. :unsure:

Seriously, we rented a Zipcar (that Prius hybrid parked in front of San Marco) one Saturday night last September to go a party thrown by a DR.com member. Returned at about 12:30 am (waaayyy past our bedtime) and found the WORST traffic jam I have ever witnessed at the corner of 18th and Kalorama. I believe staying indoors on the weekend is a very good survival strategy. :lol:

Sooo, you're a member of the "Geezer" contingent? Welcome to the club. :lol:

Seriously, we rented a Zipcar (that Prius hybrid parked in front of San Marco) one Saturday night last September to go a party thrown by a DR.com member. Returned at about 12:30 am (waaayyy past our bedtime) and found the WORST traffic jam I have ever witnessed at the corner of 18th and Kalorama. I believe staying indoors on the weekend is a very good survival strategy.

moi? a Geezer?! I think I'm more of a Curmudgeon, actually.

OMG, you *never* should drive up 18th between 9pm and 3am on a Friday or Saturday. Really, from 7pm, given the Lauriol Plaza nightmare at T. (depends on how you feel about driving in the oncoming lanes between S and T.) I like 15th, because the lights are a continuous green from P to Euclid if you go exactly the speed limit. or 19th, if I'm coming from Florida. The light at Florida and 18th is a disaster.

But yes, I did crash at a friends house last night rather than try to drive back into A/M at midnight...

If we still have untravelable ice on Friday I'll shoot myself.
Here's hoping tomorrow isn't so bad for driving, either. Not sure how much better Amtrak would be with the weather, but the decision to drive down with my friends instead might come back to bite me.

Watch this space! I've got a lot of ground to cover the next few days! :lol: