• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

#551 Sundae in the Park

Sundae in the Park

Rapscallion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

Yup, we also get the paneer naan. It, along with the green package garlic naan, are excellent.

Oh good, I'm glad you have them as well! We also get waaaaay more cookies than necessary whenever we pop in. The butter almond thins and Speculoos cookies never last long at our house!

Christine W.

#552 MsDiPesto

MsDiPesto

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

Trader Joe's bag of julienned root vegetables looks very attractive on the outside of the bag. Slim, elegant sticks of parsnip, beet, carrot, and sweet potato. Alas, all pretenses of elegance disappear when you open the bag and find those graceful forms are absent, and it turns out to be short, stumpy, crudely hacked up versions of those four vegetables. 

A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch. - James Beard

#553 Pat

Pat

clownfish

• Membership Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:23 AM

I made my first TJ's run in a while earlier this week.  I bought two packages of cheese and green salsa tamales, some of which we had last night.  I think they're pretty good.  The packaging says they're from Mexico.  I'm not sure how I feel about imported tamales traveling that distance from a food safety standpoint, so I'm careful always to cook them to the temperature on the package or beyond.  This is the second time I've bought them, and they're going onto my standing list.  I don't usually buy many of their prepared foods.

• weezy likes this

#554 ktmoomau

ktmoomau

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

TJs to the rescue for a social committee event in my building I got: kale and spinach balls (big hit), chicken pot pie bites (big hit), turkey meatballs and bbq sauce, wine, cheeses, crackers and a few dips (white bean hummus and artichoke dip.  Plus some dog treats since it was a yappy hour.  It was a nice spread and super easy one stop shopping.

• thistle likes this

But I learned fast how to keep my head up 'cause I
Know I got this side of me that
Wants to grab the yoke from the pilot and just
Fly the whole mess into the sea. The Shins
www.rrbmdk.com
www.katelintaylor.com

#555 TheMatt

TheMatt

Man Among Men

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

TJs to the rescue for a social committee event in my building I got: kale and spinach balls (big hit), chicken pot pie bites (big hit), turkey meatballs and bbq sauce, wine, cheeses, crackers and a few dips (white bean hummus and artichoke dip.  Plus some dog treats since it was a yappy hour.  It was a nice spread and super easy one stop shopping.

You know, those kale and spinach balls are darn good. I've heard good things about their new stuffing-flavored chips too...gonna have to get some.

TheMatt
Certified Nerd and Oh So Boring...

#556 ktmoomau

ktmoomau

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

You know, those kale and spinach balls are darn good. I've heard good things about their new stuffing-flavored chips too...gonna have to get some.

I love the spinach and kale balls too, they are so good, and you are eating veggies, there were only 4 left (made a couple boxes) and I used them to make a psuedo meatball sub for lunch and that way good too. The turkey meatballs are also an especially good warm up in the crock pot with some sort of sauce party food that will get eaten.    Plus if I don't use them all, Hubby will eat them as leftovers.

But I learned fast how to keep my head up 'cause I
Know I got this side of me that
Wants to grab the yoke from the pilot and just
Fly the whole mess into the sea. The Shins
www.rrbmdk.com
www.katelintaylor.com

#557 dracisk

dracisk

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:33 PM

Holy cow -- stuffing flavored chips?? Those look amazing. I love stuffing, even the crappy Stove Top kind.

• TheMatt likes this

my photography (mostly not of food, lately mostly of my daughter):

https://www.flickr.c...dracisk/albums/

#558 TheMatt

TheMatt

Man Among Men

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

Holy cow -- stuffing flavored chips?? Those look amazing. I love stuffing, even the crappy Stove Top kind.

Can't go wrong with Stove Top and I figure if these just have that sage-spice blend I'm used to, I'm good!

• dracisk likes this

TheMatt
Certified Nerd and Oh So Boring...

#559 DaveO

DaveO

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:22 AM

A reason to love Trader Joe's.  Ever since I saw this dinner recap by Pat, back in October I've added cutlets to my meal repertoire.  Cutlets; I grew up "eating wise" and then "cooking wise" with cutlets, but for some reason I stopped making them altogether.   Until Pat's reference.

Since then turkey cutlets with bread crumbs and Italian type seasonings has gone back on the agenda.  Its a tasty dish.  Easy to make, very fast, and the cleanup committee never complains.  Its so fast you prepare everything else first.

I've been picking up turkey cutlets at TJ's, typically in 1-1.5 lb preparations; the cutlets are already cut thin though not completely uniform  (so be prepared to pound a little).   I think they run either $4.99 or $5.49/lb and here is a several month old reference from the TJ newsletter

While at TJ's the other day there was one package of this "stuff".  I picked it up.  Price was missing I guess.  It wasn't stamped.  Only one package at the time.   When paying for it they couldn't identify price.  A staffer was sent back to find price.  He couldn't find it.   It went to the MOD (manager on Duty).(I threw out what I thought the price was).  But TJ's resolution.  NO COST/NO CHARGE!!!

gotta love TJ's.

• Pat and dracisk like this

#560 mr food

mr food

ventworm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:32 PM

Speaking of cutlets, TJ's eggplant cutlets are a staple for us.

• DaveO likes this

Jay Winton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users